main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Star Wars Rebels Season 4 Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Neverx, Mar 25, 2017.

1. Rennzwerg

Rennzwerg Jedi Master star 2

Mar 26, 2017
    They are not paper tiger ships, if anything big standard TIE Fighters are paper tigers. Those don't even have shields.

You could see in yesterday's episode...

...that it took even super pilot Hera an age to defeat one. And if Scarris had not been so bent on destroying her herself, Hera would have been toast once the Chimaera took out her shields.

But I agree a lot of the season being about that factory is a bit meh (for me) since we know it is taken out of action eventually (as there are no TIE Defenders in the OT). The only question is how it is going to be taken out.

Unless it becomes part of a bigger story yet to be unveiled. Even though there is not much time left. We still have not got to the "more arch" enemy Filoni teased us about.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

2. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    Ideally they introduce a virus into its systems that takes advantage of the fact they normally don't have shields not necessarily crippling just lasts long enough that Tarkin goes with the Death Star so all those resources better spent on a devastatingly capable Starfighter is instead wasted on another Death Star...

3. MandoArtist

MandoArtist Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2015
    That was the biggest mistake of The Empire. Thrawn was ignored by Palpatine. If he listened and strengthened the navy instead of putting all their resources into the one-trick Death Star, The Rebellion may have never been able to stand up to their ships.

podjazd, kalzeth, Darth Dnej and 3 others like this.
  4. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    Dave Filoni‏@dave_filoni

Rebel #StarWarsRebels
    [​IMG]

Ahsoka's Tano and DarthBreezy like this.
  5. Pain and Suffering

Pain and Suffering Jedi Master star 3

Mar 8, 2015
    After Kindred, I am now seriously convinced that Kanan is not going to die. I think something weird is going to happen to him, like maybe later we find out that the Empire has mined the planet so deeply that they disturbed the core, and the planet is going to collapse, so Kanan has to give up his spirit and become the spirit of Lothal (and therefore become a loth-wolf...or something) and save the planet. I know it sounds pretty ridiculous, but I have a feeling that something weird is going to happen to explain Kanan's fate (and he won’t just be killed by the Empire), so I think I'm going to stick with this theory for now.

Force Smuggler, podjazd, JH24 and 2 others like this.
  6. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    Something more interesting than dying may happen to Kanan -- and Ezra -- but I'm not willing to predict what it would be. But if anyone would save Lothal, it would most likely be Ezra, since he's from Lothal. Also, the next episodes will be post-Last-Jedi. So, anything revealed about Jedi in the next movie is fair game to show up in Rebels next year.

So, now that they've left us hanging, how many more episodes do we get?

7. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    Seven

8. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    Thank-you. You can look up Rebels episodes on wikipedia and they only listed 3 more after this week, so I was concerned. 3 more just did not sound like enough. Well,........ 7 isn't enough either, but there's more room for story with 7.

Vialco likes this.
  9. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    Those three are just the one's we have names for as of now.

MandaloreRex2015 likes this.
  10. MandoArtist

MandoArtist Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2015
    I hope the last episode is at least an hour long or something.

11. MandaloreRex2015

MandaloreRex2015 Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 3, 2015
    They've never released all the episode titles at once. We'll find out the other 4 episode titles eventually.

12. JH24

JH24 Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 19, 2017

That sounds like a very good theory, and something with the way this series is going I can see entirely happen. Kanan did mention there was something sinister behind the Empire's actions. They're probably going to reveal their plans soon. If there's something within or on the planet they wouldn't hesitate to destroy it if needed. And with Ezra saying Lothal looks like it's dying it seems more likely someone has to save Lothal before its too late.

During the last episodes we might get another show of the Force like with Bendu on Atollon. (Although maybe in a different way) If Thrawn is still present, I wonder how he would react. We never really knew how he took Bendu's last words to him in the season 3 finale.

13. Theo333

Theo333 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2011
    I see Thrawn's taking a backseat this season.

He's not searching for the Rebels or their new base. He is more reactionary to attacks rather than proactive.

"Ah, X is happening." ...and that's it.

14. Vinylshadow

Vinylshadow Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2017
    That'd be a nice callback to A New Dawn, which involved a planet collapsing after the Empire mined it dry

Bookend Kanan as a character, in a sense (Although there's his comics to consider, so...I dunno, maybe he accepts that he is Caleb Dume once again and dies as a Jedi because something something The Force)

And then Ezra, now homeless, parts ways with the Ghost and her crew and goes off to become Hondo's new apprentice

15. JH24

JH24 Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 19, 2017

I understand what you mean. At this point Thrawn does seem more concerned in keeping his Tie Defender project up and running. But in season 3 there was also the threat of the rebel fleet. In this season the capabilities of the rebels are reduced, and he can afford to let the rebels come to him.

16. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    I hope we get to see Hondo at least once before the series ends. Even if it's just a hologram. Ezra and him still seem to be buddies.

JH24 likes this.
  17. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    I suspect the finale will feature a few throwbacks before the show ends.

18. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    JH24 likes this.
  19. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 25, 2016
    Yeah it's very curious. With the "other" big villain Filoni teased not yet introduced I have to wonder if we won't see Thrawn get kicked aside within the next few episodes, especially since the TIE Defenders factory isn't the end all be all problem going on with Lothal.

JH24 and Vialco like this.
  20. CloneWarsFan01

CloneWarsFan01 Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 1, 2015
    Soooo, anyone wanna make some predictions on what we'll get in Rebels' final 7 epeisodes? I'll make my predictions:

1. Ahsoka Returns and we learn her fate
    2. Rex becomes the rebel soldier we may see on Endor in RotJ
    3. Thrawn dies after the Empire is wary of his TIE Defenders, namely Tarkin
    4. More deep explanation about the Force in a way like Mortis
    5. Someone will die.

JH24 likes this.
  21. JH24

JH24 Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 19, 2017

I have to admit, Filoni has done a good job in keeping the outcome of this series in suspense. (Minus some characters but that isn't his fault) In your predictions I especially like number 1 and 2. I would love to see the fate of Ahsoka and Rex.

My predictions: (I have no idea where they're going with this)

1. There will be a last-ditch attempt to destroy the Tie Defender factory. The Empire decides to shelve Thrawn's project.
    2. Governor Pryce may betray Thrawn in the end.
    3. The "sinister" motives of the Empire are revealed, and will lead to a desperate fight for Lothal's survival.
    4. There will be another major Force event (like on Atollon but in a different way) and Thrawn will be a witness to it, or maybe even a part of it. This could lead to new development for his character.
    5. I doubt they'll bring back Vader but another Inquisitor is possible. Before the series ends I would love to see Ezra fight in a real lightsaber duel. Pushing him to his limits and putting everything he has learned to the test.
    6. In the aftermath, the Empire will believe Kanan and Ezra are dead. (Tarkin mentions the end of the Jedi in the trilogy. He has met Kanan before and Thrawn knows about Ezra Bridger)

Ezra leaves the rebellion (They may believe Ezra is MIA) He may stay on Lothal with his people, go with Sabine to Mandalore or leaves to find his own path in the galaxy.

(Just joking here, but Hondo is probably still looking for a new partner - or a Pirate Jedi)

22. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 25, 2016
    Tarkin and Pryce are probably in cahoots. We've still got to see how Pryce lives up to Henry Gilroy's claim of her being a maniac.

JH24, podjazd and MandaloreRex2015 like this.
  23. revan772

revan772 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 5, 2014
    As someone posted in one of the Ahsoka threads, I think Kanan and Ezra will end up
    on Mortis. There was an article someone found saying that there are doors to Mortis that you can simple walk through. I be this will be an out for Ahsoka, and either Kanan or Ezra. If Ezra, Kanan will probably die. If Kanan, Ezra may go MIA. That is my new theory.

24. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    I'd like to think that Mortis is destroyed. Its purpose was to foreshadow his choices ("Chosen" One - The one who chooses theory) that would go on to destroy both the Sith and the Jedi.

25. Tassy

Tassy Jedi Youngling

Nov 8, 2017
    1. I doubt they will kill somebody from the Ghost crew.
    2. Kanan goes out of the picture mysterious Ahsoka-way, runs wild with the spirit-wolves or something.
    3. Fenn Rau and Bo Katan die, Sabine becomes Mandalore.
    4. Zeb goes to Lira San to make baby lasats.
    5. The new Ghost team by the time of Scarif: Hera, Chopper, Mart, Kallus and Rex maybe.
    6. Arinda Pryce dies.
    7. Ahsoka returns as a spiritual being, connected with those wolves.
    8. The Bendu’s prophecy plays out for Thrawn some way.
    9. Thrawn’s tie-defender project is rejected, he becomes disappointed in the Empire, ceases to see it as a worthy ally and decides to weaken the Empire to make it a more attractive target for the threat from the Unknown Regions.
    10. Maybe now, when Hera is captured, Thrawn will make her a proposal to join him the same way he did with Nightswan. She will refuse.
    11. Ezra - I have no idea at all! Severed from the Force like in “Legends of Korra”?

Could it be because Thrawn is simultaneously engaged in some other project with Vader? We don’t know when the new book takes place but there’s a big chance it’s during Rebels timeline.

MandaloreRex2015 and JH24 like this.