main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V The Old Republic MMO: The New Official Thread

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Havac , Oct 7, 2012.

1. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Vector was quite obviously going to be back there. Killiks stuff when.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RafSwi7 likes this.
  2. RafSwi7

RafSwi7 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2011
    And... dialogue from Vector mission.
    Vector: After so many years. we didn't know if your aura would remain the same.
    Vector: But it still feels like home.
    Vector: But we still recognize it.
    Player: Vector!
    Vector: It is good to hear your song again. agent.
    [option]I'm glad you're safe. Player: You have no idea how happy I am to see you alive.
    [option][Flirt] I was so worried.I didn't know if you'd ever find your way back to me. If you were even alive.
    [option]You took your time.Player: It took you six years to contact me. I deserve an explanation.
    [option] With the bugs again, I see. Player: So you're back with the killiks. It's good to know some things never change.
    Vector: We apologize. but it has been a difficult time for all of us.
    Vector: We are sorry to have worried you. Our silence was not meant to harm.
    Vector: We are here now. We are sorry it took us so long.
    Vector: They needed us. These past years have not been kind to the nest.
    Vector: We searched for you endlessly. through the eyes of the entire nest. Then the Eternal Fleet attacked. and the Sith Empire conscripted the killiks to join the fight.
    Vector: They sent us to the worst battles; sacrificed us as cannon fodder. So many of us were slaughtered. We felt every light blink out.
    Vector: As Dawn Herald. we had to save what remained of the nest. We helped them hide here. where the Empire cannot touch the few of us left.
    [option]I'm so sorry. Player: I can't imagine how hard that must've been for you.
    [option]The Empire won't give up. Player: This won't be the end of it. The next time the Sith need soldiers. they will find you.
    [option]You ran from your duty. Player: You made a deal. Vector. You can't back out just because you lost your friends.
    Vector: It was a deal that could only harm us-which is why we're starting a new one with you.
    Vector: That is why we need to make a change-one that involves the Alliance.
    Vector: We still feel their absence-we must protect what is left.
    Vector: We're ending our agreement with the Empire to pledge our loyalty to you. From now on. the killiks will fight for the Alliance. For you.
    Vector: And... we want to return to your side. agent. Without you. we are empty.
    Vector: We'd like to return to your side as an envoy of the nest... if you'll have us.
    Vector: When you disappeared. the nest limited our connection to them. They couldn't bear to experience losing you.
    [option] I love you. too. Player: Your home is always with me. Vector. I never stopped loving you.
    [option]I'm sorry. Vector. Player: You weren't there when I needed you. I'm sorry-I've moved on.
    Vector: It is... difficult to describe how this makes us feel.
    Vector:Then maybe you should show me.
    Vector:As you wish.
    Vector:Now our future can finally be written.
    [option]Welcome back. Player: My missions aren't the same without you. Vector. Welcome back to the team.
    [option]It won't be easy. Player: The Alliance has plenty of enemies. You'll be thrown into some difficult fights.
    [option]Fine. but no bug talk. Player:If I hear a single word about "tasting my aura.‘ you're gone. Understood?
    Vector: We have waited a long time to hear those words.
    Vector: We hope we still remember what you taught us.
    Vector: We will try to keep it to a minimum.
    Vector: We... understand. The emptiness must be filled another way.
    Player: What will you do?
    Vector: Devote ourselves to making life better for the killiks. That begins with the Alliance-and you.
    Vector: A new song begins. Commander. We look forward to hearing its opening verse.
    Player: Vector...
    Vector: Hearing your song again. it's as though we've awoken from a nightmare. We want to come home. agent. We... I... love you.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  3. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I do quite love how we find out what’s happened over the last six years via our former teammates. I rather approve of the manner of storytelling, even if I know most don’t.

Also...
    kinda terrifying to think that Killik productivity made no dent in the Eternal Empire.

RafSwi7 and comradepitrovsky like this.
  4. Malachi108

Malachi108 Jedi Master star 3

Aug 8, 2009
    Actually, Zenith had an Alliance Alert in game files since 4.0. They just never released it for some reason.

RafSwi7 and Sinrebirth like this.
  5. RafSwi7

Oct 3, 2011
    All upcoming "alert" missions don't mention the next big threat. It makes me think, that these missions might be released sooner than we think.
    Yeah, it seems that it won't be released in the original form, since it was supposed to be about destroying the Star Fortress above Zakuul.
    Well, it is definitely better than not hearing about the current state of the galaxy at all.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  6. Kyle K

Kyle K Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 5, 2017
    What about Mako Nadia Akaavi DS Jaesa Lt or maybe Captain Iresso Khem Val and Doc?
    Alert mission or story mission for the remaining companions?
    I think it will be like Lt Temple in a story.

Zenith as alert mission.
    Tharan Cedrax are going to be returned with Kai Zykken as Charles mentioned on twitter.

7. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    I have a guess who the leader of the Order of Zildrog is tbh.

darklordoftech likes this.
  8. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013

Does that mean Zykken will be a companion too? Gosh, I hope so.

RafSwi7 likes this.
  9. RafSwi7

Oct 3, 2011
    Kai Zykken?
    We do not know.

AusStig likes this.
  10. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    I’m betting Thexan, at this point.

And I’m also betting Valkorion set them up while he was absent from our mind.

AusStig likes this.
  11. RafSwi7

Oct 3, 2011
    My thoughts about the Order...
    1. Valkorion had to know about them or be in contact with them. That is why they are aware about the Emperors Vaults.
    2. The Order must be somehow connected to Zakuul, because Zildrog is part of Zakuulan mythology.
    3. I am not sure yet, if the Order can be connected to the Heralds of Zildrog (maybe they are the same) but Heralds believed that Zildrog's rebirth is imminent.
    4. Let's say that the Order at least shares some of the Heralds goals and want to make the return of Zildrog possible.
    Some scenarios, that I can think of based of these points:

Zildrog and the Gravestone are the same - this is based on the legends about the mysterious creature in the Endless Swamps. This is also where our heroes had stumbled upon the Gravestone. We know, that the Gravestone was created by the civilization from Iokath and was used later to defeat the Eternal Fleet. We do not know if the Gravestone had any contact with the "Old Gods" but it could have been defeated and damaged by IZAX and that battle forced the starship to retire on the Endless Swamps. Since stories about Zildrog have supposedly predated stories about the "Old Gods", it would have mean that creation progress on Iokath looked like this: the Eternal Fleet -> the Gravestone -> the "Old Gods". As we know, in the end the "Old Gods" have destroyed Iokath inhabitans.

Zildrog is long dead dragon-like creature but the Gravestone holds its eggs - this one is mostly based on the idea, that legends about the great serpent were true. It would explain why IZAX looks like dragon, since Iokath enginners would have designed IZAX after Zildrogs image. This scenario also assumes that inside of the"Monolith" from the Dark Sanctuary we can find nothing less but Zildrogs eggs. These can be used later by the Order to unleash small Zildrogs on the galaxy.

Zildrog and Valkorion are the same - this is based on big similarities between Vitiate/Valkorion personas and legends about Zildrog/IZAX. This scenario assumes that Zildrog might be the very original form of the Emperor. Like in the previous scenarios it would mean that most of the legends about the battle between IZAX and Zildrog (Vitiate) are true. Zildrog was defeated but he has been reborn later as the Sith Pureblood. The Order is looking for the weapon capable to destroy the entire civilizations. We must remember, that war and numerous casualties were the main reason for the rebirth of Vitiate on Yavin IV. We must also remember, that one TOR writer has once explained that the reason why we have not heard about Emperor's original body in KotFE/KotET, was that they might use this plot element in the future story content. This scenario would also be important for some of our companions like Kira or Scourge.

AusStig and Sinrebirth like this.
  12. Kyle K

Kyle K Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 5, 2017
    Mr Data - Fascinating!

I always had that kind of thinking subject about the Gravestone and the mysterious eggs inside the monolith.

Do you think Valkorion/ Vititate are going to return once more?
    It seems that BW doesnt want him to be gone forever.
    Valkorion - Surprise!

13. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    Could it be Darth Revan?

14. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    I don't know how you beat the ending for his character that was given in his last death, with his children and the spirit of his father.

15. AusStig

AusStig Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2010
    What does everyone think of the uprisings?

I like a lot of the ideas and enemies in them, though the group nature makes it a bit hit and miss

16. RafSwi7

Oct 3, 2011
    Redeem the code ‘SPECIALFORCES’ to receive Special Forces Armor (inspired by the elite Inferno Squad forces from Star Wars Battlefront II.
    I think that he will have presence in the expansion even if he does not return. If he returns I doubt he will wear his Valkorion persona.
    Nothing is indicating his involvement.

Revanfan1 and Sinrebirth like this.
  17. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    How do you rank the cinematic trailers? For me it's

1. Deceived. No doubt the best one
    2. Hope. Other than the duel was too much like a video game, it was very good
    3. KotET. Got messed up, it was better than KotFE
    4. KotFE and Return, both were good visually but I don't like the tempo

18. kalzeth

kalzeth Jedi Master star 3

Aug 26, 2017
    Return then hope then betrayed then KOTFE then KOTET. Last the mini HK one

19. AusStig

AusStig Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2010
    Betrayed
    Return
    Hope
    HK
    Then Kotfe

Kotet is the worst, just a stupid origin story for the evil crazy daughter who is nothing but crazy and evil.

20. Havoc123

Havoc123 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 26, 2013
    So, finally caught up onto my SWTOR after I've been busy for awhile. All I can say is...

THANK YOU THERON. I wish I could just agree with him in the game and dismantle it, but he's completely right. The Eternal Alliance has no right to dictate what's right and what isn't to the other powers of the Galaxy. Death to the Alliance. Long live the Republic. No matter where his allegiances lie now, Theron Shan deserves to be honored by the RSIS in some way.

RafSwi7 and Sinrebirth like this.
  21. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    That would be a perfectly valid point if not for the fact the Republic is neither democratic, functional, or interested in anything but genocide.

The Alliance has every bit of a right to dictate to the galaxy if that dictate is "make peace."

AusStig likes this.
  22. Havoc123

Havoc123 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 26, 2013
    Hey, that just makes it a perfect predecessor of the Empire. I'm down with that. :p

Seriously though, Republic wouldn't be in that state if it wasn't for the Eternal Empire which the Alliance is a direct successor of.

23. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    I think "direct successor" is a weird statement to use when a military coup and annexation is performed by the soldiers of the nations they conquered.

It's like saying the French Government of Robspierre is the direct successor to Louis' government.

Yes, technically, but that loses some context.

RafSwi7 likes this.
  24. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    The Eternal Alliance lost all moral high ground when it took over the Eternal Fleet and pointed it at the people who helped them take it. At least the Eternal Empire ended the Second Galactic War; the Eternal Alliance is simply perpetuating it. I’m not seeing an endgame plan - we’re reacting to uprisings and events.

RafSwi7, Ghost, AusStig and 1 other person like this.
  25. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    That's another way of viewing it which doesn't actually make much sense.

In-game, it went like this, "We've overthrown the Emperor, the day is saved!"

"JOIN US OR DIE!" - Both Republic and EMpire both

There's no option to force a peace settlement, which is actually what the UNITED NATIONS does all the time to prevent atrocities like the Republic's planned genocide with Revan's Dark Side or the Empire being the Empire.

I admit, though, I *AM* playing a Light Side Sith Warrior so my character decisions come off like this.

[​IMG]

A Jedi Knight player may react differently.

Havoc123 and Sinrebirth like this.