main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Thrawn in Rebels

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by TtheForceHurts, Jan 29, 2016.

1. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    I figured they weren't the same. I thought perhaps they might have all had a unique ancestor at some point.

2. JH24

JH24 Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 19, 2017
    Is anyone else kind of hoping that during the finale Thrawn might play a part in some way
    if a Force event (Filoni hinted at "Jedi Mysticism" being one of the three major story elements during the finale) takes place on Lothal?

For some reason I would really like it if the Force had some kind of purpose for Thrawn (either good or bad for him) as well. That he wasn't called to Lothal just to chase the rebels, but that the Force actually brought him there. It would be a way to tie in his character with that of others.

He already had an encounter with the Force on Atollon, and I can't help but wonder how he would react if he was a witness to another Force event; if in any way it could lead to more character development for him. I realize it's farfetched, but it would give Thrawn's role in this series more of a meaning as all the paths are finally coming together.

Rennzwerg likes this.
  3. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

I didn't read the book, but was he supposed to have any inkling of being a force sensitive being?

4. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    I don't think so. In the Legends novel, Outbound Flight, there's a smuggler who thinks Thrawn may be Force-sensitive, but he's not.

5. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 25, 2016
    He's not Force-sensitive, but I suppose everything is touched by the Force in its own way.

I think he's kind of connected to the destiny of the Skywalkers, if you look at his newfound history. His first ever interaction with someone in the galaxy was with Anakin, and it was through his relationship with Anakin that he ended up in the Empire. We know they once again work together as Imperial leaders and, within Legends at least, it's ultimately through Anakin's children that Thrawn is finally killed.

6. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

When did he interact with Anakin (I assume that was only something mentioned in books)?

7. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    It was mentioned in the new Thrawn novel that he did meet Anakin during the Clone Wars, although details were never revealed. Maybe more will be revealed in the Thrawn Alliances novel?

8. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    In the Thrawn novel. Thrawn confirms that they are related in some way.

9. SyndicThrass

Sep 25, 2016
    As mentioned above, Thrawn first ventured into the known galaxy during the Clone Wars and met Anakin on a mission. We don't know the extent of what happened, only that it left Anakin and Thrawn with a great deal of respect for each other.

10. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

Really? I thought others suggested that wasn't the case.

V-2 likes this.
  11. SyndicThrass

Sep 25, 2016
    He gets mistaken for a Pantoran a few times in the novel, though I don't think he himself ever comments on it. His glowing red eyes are shown to be pretty distinct from in that sense.

12. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    IIRC he says Chiss aren't related, then, for polite expedience/seeming less alien, he vaguely contradicts himself at a later date.

I only listened to the audiobook, so I might have this wrong.

13. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Huh maybe I am wrong.

14. V-2

Dec 10, 2012
    We need someone with a better memory and a copy/pastable ebook to arbitrate. ;)

15. Rennzwerg

Rennzwerg Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 26, 2017
    I did a word search on my Kindle and it is not explicitly stated - although I always assumed Thrawn was playing along (it would suit him to not reveal things about his people that he didn't have to. And if people erroneously assume he is related to Pantorans then why no reinforce that belief?).

Quotes from the book:

Chapter 8
    “Never heard of a nonhuman as an Imperial officer, either. You’re some sort of Pantoran, right?” Eli took a breath, preparing to point out that Pantorans didn’t have red eyes— “Of a sort, yes,” Thrawn said. “What I am is a lieutenant in the Imperial Navy.”

Chapter 10
    “I’ve never seen anything like that before,” Driller continued. “What is he, some kind of Pantoran with an eye condition?”

Chapter 16
    “Nice glasses. With your eyes covered, most people would probably assume you’re a Pantoran.” “So I have been told,” Thrawn said.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

MrDarth0 and V-2 like this.
  16. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I remember him being mistaken for a pantoran in the book, but this is where I might have gotten the him being related to the species. around 4:41

17. V-2

Dec 10, 2012
    Aha, so I must have been misremembering Eli's aborted interruption as Thrawn's denial.

You've got to assume he's playing along, especially with that last wry comment.

18. Sudooku

Sudooku Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2014
    I just removed this discussion from the Ahsoka-in-Rebels-thread.

Maybe Ezra just manipulated the temperature regulation of Thrawn's water bed and thus he got it cold while sleeping.

revan772 likes this.
  19. Shadowcatcher

Shadowcatcher Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 30, 2017
    Ezra could do worse, could use the Force to dip Thrawn's hand in a bowl of water while he's sleeping. That's worth at least one Dark Side Point.

revan772 likes this.
  20. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    I wonder how the Bendu affected Thrawn? Is Thrawn now more appreciative towards the force? What I really want to know is if that scene where Thrawn stares down a TIE Defender with a sidearm is not only homage, but also indicative of if Thrawn has taken the Bendu's 'death prophecy' to heart. Perhaps now he's unafraid of dying when the danger he is in is unrelated to Bendu's cryptic words.

21. Shadowcatcher

Shadowcatcher Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 30, 2017
    What really makes me wonder about Thrawn and his relationship with the Force are the Ysalamiri art in his office. Does that confirm Ysalamiri as canon, and Thrawn knows of them?

22. SyndicThrass

Sep 25, 2016
    Dave Filoni said originally that Ysalamiri aren't canon because he and Lucas could never quite work out how something living could be "outside" the Force, but because they were a big part of The Thrawn Trilogy they're put in the art as a homage to them.

But for what it's worth, Timothy Zahn said at a panel a while back (with members of the Lucasfilm story Group mind you) that he had an idea how to reconcile the Ysalamiri with canon. So we'll see how that goes.

23. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Ezra literally convinced a Stormtrooper to kill themselves. If we went by SWTOR logic he should start having decayed skin.

24. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    And on that note... if you want a real oddity, look no further than the Jedi master Raana Tey:

[​IMG]

Have a look through her wookieepedia page, detailing her doings.

She's such a cauldron of toxic anger and rage that in most cases, if such occurred in a Jedi, would result in a fall to the Dark Side. Yet she still seemed to be technically a lightsider all her life. She's perhaps somewhat strange in that regard.

25. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007

I remember this mad Torgruta from the Zayne Carrick comics. Glad she and her fellow Padawan-murdering Jedi Masters are now Legends.