main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Comics A/V Star Wars Adventures & SWA: Forces of Destiny comics (IDW)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by spicer, Apr 14, 2017.

1. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    Taalcon likes this.
  2. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    Variant cover for Leia's story.
    [​IMG]

3. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    But strangely isn't on Previews list here!

https://www.previewsworld.com/NewReleases

Which is confusing. Maybe they forgot to include it?

4. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    According to this site it comes out on November 29. How many times has it been delayed?
    https://www.idwpublishing.com/product/star-wars-adventures-4/

5. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Hmm, that's a first, comic company website that's up to date!

As to your Q, no idea. Was fairly certain it was on the prov list for 22 Nov, so it could be something quite mundane like it missing its print slot.

6. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    In which issue is the JJM story supposed to be?

7. bsmith7174

bsmith7174 Jedi Master star 3

Apr 17, 2015
    Here is info on Star Wars Adventures #7 from IDW's February solicitations.
    [​IMG]

8. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    ....what...what am I looking at?

darthcaedus1138 likes this.
  9. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    Oh, in the COMICS Hondo gets to have his coat.

revan772, BigAl6ft6 and SilentGuy66 like this.
  10. Senpezeco

Senpezeco Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 27, 2014
    'Sacred bird' or Neopet?:

[​IMG]

But for real, that's a super cute griffin. That purple monkey dishwasher critter from issue #3 was adorable too.

11. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    Variant cover.
    [​IMG]

Vizzy91 and tatooinesandworm like this.
  12. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Did #4 come out today?

13. tatooinesandworm

tatooinesandworm Jedi Master star 3

Jul 30, 2015
    Not at my lcs.

Sent from my Ornithopter using The Force

TiniTinyTony likes this.
  14. germanjedi

germanjedi Jedi Knight

Nov 7, 2017
    #4 is out next week.

15. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    Preview.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

spicer likes this.
  16. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    Funny, didn't the original publisher's summary refer to Sarkans?

17. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    Now it says this.
    http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com/2017/11/23/exclusive-idw-preview-star-wars-adventures-4/
    With Leia injured, Luke must take her place on a diplomatic mission. Jedi used to be diplomats and he’ll have See-Threepio by his side. What could go wrong?
    Bullet points:
    · An exciting adventure set during the original trilogy that features new and familiar faces!
    · Variant cover by Logan Pack!
    Star Wars Adventures #4
    Writer: John Jackson Miller
    Artist: Jon Sommariva
    FC • 32 pages • $3.99
    Release Date: November 29, 2017

18. germanjedi

germanjedi Jedi Knight

Nov 7, 2017
    The inaccuracy of that description is amazing. That Sarkans description fit the story better despite it actually being Ishi Tib. (AiPT has since corrected the writer/artist credits, but it's still a mess.)

19. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    It's a pity it's not the Sarkans. They've hardly ever been used anywhere, let alone with illustrations.

DarthJaceus and tatooinesandworm like this.
  20. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    how Hondo found and lost his coat. CANON! That's clearly at least a 2 issue arc anyway.

21. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    Star Wars Adventure #5 variant cover and synopsis.
    [​IMG]

(W) Landry Quinn Walker (A) Eric Jones (CA) Arianna Florean
    With their diplomatic mission turned into a debacle, can Leia and Luke possibly salvage the situation? We hope so because the future of the Rebel Alliance may depend on it!
    Plus an exciting new Tales of Wildspace!
    In Shops: Dec 27, 2017
    SRP: $3.99

Also layout from Star Wars Adventures #7.
    [​IMG]
    Seems like it's set in season 3 or 4. Need to see Sabine's hair color to be sure.

22. Jedi Jessy

Jedi Jessy Force Ghost star 5

Feb 28, 2016
    LUKE, SHE IS YOUR SISTER
    [​IMG]

23. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
  24. UnshavenWookie14

UnshavenWookie14 Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 20, 2017
    What is the general consensus on these so far? I read the first page of the thread and it seemed like there were some mixed thoughts. Without having read them, I admit that its kind of a frustrating head scratcher. I think marvel has done an exceptional job not only with the content, but also keeping the timeline organized and clean. Adding this kind of content comes off as just slinging as much content at readers to capitalize on the new trilogy. It just muddies the canon waters. Not to mention I already have concerns about Disney overloading the current timeframe (Phantom Menace through The Last Jedi) with to much content. They haven't yet, but if they stay boxed into the Skywalker timeline singularly they certainly will. I mean, haven't we heard "the jedi have been around for thousands of years" a time or two? They don't have to all their new content - that I absolutely enjoy reading and appreciate - into the span of 65 standard years (give or take). I am of the opinion that the minimizing the number of outlets putting content into production is a key to preserving the integrity of a massive Universe such as star wars. Let Del Ray handle the novel production, Marvel manage the steady stream of comics, and allow the magazine publisher (I think it's Titan maybe?) to continue providing the occasional short stories. Its much easier to consolidate a storyline and coordinate efforts when the efforts are comprised of three 'divisions' (lack of a better word) that have clear and defined responsibilities for content production. They already kind of slipped up slightly in this regard by allowing Titan to have a bite at the comic production pie (instead of their core competency of magazine development as it relates to Star Wars). That venture ended up getting canceled, and the second half isn't even available in English (German only). So this creates a frustrating 'blemsih' to the new canon for invested fans and completionist like myself. I know many long time loyal fans prefer the old EU, and I'm not necessarily saying the reboot and new canon is better. That said... this is the direction Disney and Lucasfilm decided to go. If they start to get loose handed with the production of their content (specifically my main concern being multiple outlets producing content in the same medium) the integrity of the canon will diminish, and could possibly create a scenario far down the road that the decision is made to reboot.

I'll conclude by apologizing for what may have turned into a little bit of a rant haha. If I am looking at this the wrong way then I'd be happy to hear why. I am just of the opinion that the way they structured the new canon has potential to provide an extremely deep and clean Universe.. in time that is (which is almost singularly unique because other universes seem to jump rope with reboots and keeping everything canon). But moves like this look like an increase in content outlets in an attempt to provide an addition revenue source. My thought is that the content should be left to Del Ray, Marvel, and the short story productions. I don't even get why Lucasfilm Press takes it upon themselves to produce some of the Young adult novels like 'Ahsoka'. Theres not that big of a difference in the content presentation anyways -- star wars is extremely mild in terms of explicit content. The biggest difference I find is that it creates a really awkward bookshelf by being a randomly different size from the rest of the books haha. When I embarked on the new canon content I discovered quickly that the content of consideration was best focused on novels (I include ahsoka and some of the others that are written exactly like an adult novel), comics, and the short stories. Retelling every story for 4 different age groups is enough additional content to provide the revenue from more casual readers. I feel like this was unnecessary and like I said earlier, a head scratcher.

25. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
    Bruh, just read the comics. If you like them, great. If you don't like them, then ignore them. Either way, you're not gonna be able to come to an actual judgement just off of hearsay.

revan772 and BigAl6ft6 like this.