main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Working Up the Nerve. L/M, one-shot. Disney Animated Quote.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Jun 24, 2017.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Title: Working Up the Nerve
    Author: WNSA ;)
    Genre: Pure mush!
    Characters: Mara/Luke :D
    Timeframe: After TTT

Note: Response to the Disney Animated Quote.
    From the Little Mermaid: "Go on and kiss the girl!"

~~~~~!!

Luke came into the workout salle & saw Mara in tank top and exercise pants. She was doing lightsaber katas with a large array of remotes. Her hair was tied back out of her face, and loose ringlets spilled across her cheeks.

Luke was spellbound. She was stunning. Not that he'd missed that particular fact, but their recent adventures had kept him from dwelling on it too thoroughly.

Now that they weren't antagonists anymore, from Mara's view at any rate, he felt freer to admire her assets.
    He had never thought of her as an adversary, to be honest, which fact had irritated her to no end.

Mara finished her session and deactivated her saber and set it aside.

She turned and favored him with a mock-scowl.

"What are you gawking at?"

Luke tried to casually shrug. He couldn't exactly say "You."

"Live sparring is much more interesting." Mara observed. "Care to join me for a go-round?"

Luke nodded eagerly.

Mara hated to admit it, but she was distracted. Not that her form or performance suffered, but it took extra concentration to keep on-task.

Luke was the problem. He looked way too superb in his workout outfit. The way his muscles rippled, and the lithe grace of his movements ... it just wasn't fair.

At a ceremonial function a week later, Mara was dressed in a sea-foam green dress with shoulders bare and her hair falling free down her back in waves.

When she walked into the venue where the event was being held, she caught sight of Luke across the room.

He asked her to dance after they exchanged hellos.

Holding her was the most natural thing in the world. He kept telling himself not to hold her too close.

They bantered lightly about the latest Rogue pranks; then Mara said: "I make it a habit not to stay at these things for over an hour."

"Han's limit is half-an-hour." Luke remarked with a chuckle. "I usually don't stay much past two hours."

After some cursory and obligatory mingling, Luke and Mara left more or less at the same time.

He noticed she and he were parked near one another at the speeder-lot.

"Want to spar again tomorrow?" He asked.

"Sure." She answered.

"Mara?" Luke said, and then hesitated.

"Yes?"

"You looked lovely tonight." Luke said shyly.

Mara gave him a "Yeah, so?" look.

If Wedge or any of his friends had been there to witness/overhear, Luke knew what they'd say:
    "Go on and kiss the girl!"

Because Luke realized - he really wanted to. He'd wanted to when he'd given his father's lightsaber to her several weeks ago, to be candid.

Mara was good at picking up nonverbals, and she sensed his eager indecision.

She raised an eyebrow at him.

With the recklessness that Yoda would have decried, Luke took the plunge and kissed her.

She didn't pull away or shove him off; she actually returned it.
    With warmth and something approaching surprised awe.

"Now what?" Mara thought.

Luke wondered the same thing. He couldn't wait to find out.

++++
    +

RX_Sith, divapilot and AzureAngel2 like this.
  2. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Sexy, playful and funny! Thanks for this update! @};-

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
  3. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    A wonderful use of the quote! [face_love]

4. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Because things could have gotten so much better earlier on than they did. [face_laugh] This was playful and heartwarmingly sweet in all of the right ways - just what I needed to read this morning. [face_love]

(And of course that quote could have landed in no better hands! ;) [face_love])

5. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    sweet, funny and sexy use of the quote. Luke and Mara forever

6. MartyAvidianus

MartyAvidianus Jedi Padawan star 3

May 14, 2017
    Indeed, L/M forever.

The original EU OTP

7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    That particular comment deserves a like and a you got that right. [face_dancing] [face_love] :* Totally. They are so fun and wonderfully right together. @};-

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  8. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    Such an adorable interaction between the two! Perfect L/M banter, and a perfect use of the quote. "Now what?" indeed. I bet they figure it out pretty quickly. o_O [face_love]

9. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    Cute and deservedly so for Mara and Luke.

10. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Very nice. I can imagine what comes next. ;) And I can imagine quite a bit. :D

Nicely done.

11. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    When it comes to my OTPs, I also have a very vivid imagination! [face_laugh] [face_love] [face_mischief]

Ridley Solo and AzureAngel2 like this.
  12. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    Lots of UST in this story. Glad that it finally resolves the way both Mara and Luke wanted. ;) You totally needed this quote and it came to you.

13. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    LOL Ewok Poet -- yes, it was definitely perfect for me and them. [face_love] ;)

Ewok Poet likes this.
  14. Ridley Solo

Ridley Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2010
    OK, I'll admit I've never been much of a Mara fan, but that was adorable! [face_love] Luke's shyness is just too cute...one of the reason I love the character so much. :)

Ewok Poet likes this.
  15. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Yuppers, Luke is adorbs! LOL [face_love] [face_love] That's why in any 'verse he deserves a soulmate.

Ewok Poet and Ridley Solo like this.