main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate Homosexuality: the Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by zombie, Jan 24, 2006.

1. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    I could never stand all that pretentious 4th wall breaking 'aside' crap tbh. I preferred A Very British Coup.

2. V-2

Dec 10, 2012
    Here's a story about gay marriage and the royal family where everyone involved is some form of preacher, so obviously it's a balanced, reasoned, and logical debate.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-42192706

3. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    What the actual **** is wrong with the Church of England?

4. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    "Pray to be Gay" , somebody call Tom Robinson !

5. V-2

Dec 10, 2012
    Misguided sense of duty is responsible for much of it, obedience to authority in the form of nutty bishops with backward beliefs, and reluctance from the government to force the state religion to adhere to basic standards of decency. IMHO.

cwustudent and Juliet316 like this.
  6. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I think it’s creepy to be thinking about a four-year-old in terms of which gender he might become sexually attracted to, and I get the “political football” argument.

Here’s a thought: The Church of England could become inclusive because it’s the right thing to do, not because a member of the royal family wants or will want to marry someone of the same sex.

7. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    The Church of England was the brain child of Henry VIII. It explains why they're so bat**** insane.

8. gezvader28

Mar 22, 2003
    I'm no expert on the church of england but I think they're quite progressive , they have gay priests and women priests , they're generally pro LGBT etc.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  9. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005

Didn't Henry VIII found it because he wanted to get a divorce (which the Catholic church forbade) and yet, other royal marriages were previously barred (until Harry and Megan's) because the person that royal wanted to marry was a divorcee?

10. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Edward VIII wasn't just about a divorcee, it was a lot more. Ms Simpsons divorce was not reconsidered under English Law and she was still married (in the eyes of the Church); Edward was socially and morally inept, who also like to air his political views (members of the Royal Family are forbidden from making political views public) and Britons, in general, had a very negative view of Americans.

She was seen as a national security threat, too, because of her links to fascist movements in Europe. And Edward, you know, was fond of them too. The "American divorcee" was just an excuse to remove Edward. Any attempt, from a politician, to question or undermine the Monarch's position is political suicide in the UK.

11. gezvader28

Mar 22, 2003
    I think its up to the monarch . for instance the Queen gave her blessing to Charles marrying Camilla both of whom were divorced .

12. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Several decades after she barred her own sister from doing the same, and making Charles marry Diana first.

13. gezvader28

Mar 22, 2003
    well she's in charge .

14. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I kind of think she realized that she should have just let Charles marry Camilla in the 70s. Who knows though.

15. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I kind of think she realized that she should have just let Charles marry Camilla in the 70s. Who knows though.

Juliet316 likes this.
  16. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    We need more leaders to do this.

Seagoat and Juliet316 like this.
  17. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    Its a strange thing to pray for. But... a fabulously gay royal wedding?! I'm jealous just thinking about it.

18. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    When I heard that Steven Anderson, the disturbing Baptist fundamentalist preacher calling for all gay people to be executed before Christmas, I felt compelled to write this. I put it on Facebook, where my friends and allies have appreciated it. I imagine when Anderson receives this in the mail, he'll either ignore me or pray that I have a heart attack.

8:00 PM, 7 December 2017
    Mr. Steven Anderson:
    I recently became aware that you wished for gay people to be murdered before Christmas. This is part of a disturbing trend of violent and hate-filled rhetoric that you have unleashed to the public, and it puts people at risk. I initially became cognizant of you during 2015, when online media denounced your hatred of Caitlyn Jenner. You said you hoped that her heart would explode, and you referred to her as a “sodomite.” Well, first of all, let me state that I am not a fan of Jenner, but I appreciate her opposition to violence against transgender people. Secondly, her orientation is none of your business. Thirdly, trans people are precisely what we say we are. European and Chinese neurologists discovered that trans women are born with female brains during the 1990s, and trans men are born with male brains. Thus, if Ms. Jenner were attracted to men, she would be straight, not gay as you allege. Not that it matters.
    What your rhetoric became even more alarming last summer when online media showed your exuberance over the deaths of the gay men who were shot in Orlando. To correct your misinformation, the shooter had apparent self-loathing due to his attraction to other men. Furthermore, just because these people were gay does not mean, as you alleged, that they would die of STIs, as they are no more at risk than heterosexual people. Most disturbingly, you slandered them as pedophiles. Gay, bisexual, and transgender people are not the same as pedophiles. That is something entirely different. Pedophilia is a paraphilia, meaning that condition is no different than attraction to animals, violence, urine, plastic, etc. It is an age-old lie that gay people and trans people are pedophiles, but as you may discern from studying the cases of Roy Moore, Jerry Sandusky, etc., a great many pedophiles who have been exposed are middle-aged white men. And many of them are Christian conservatives. Therefore, on the subject of self-loathing, I really think you ought to seek counseling services in your city, as your obsessive remarks about gay people and pedophilia speaks to some questionable issues, in case you haven’t seen what was reported about your disconcerting rant against those helpless victims of the shooting. You have some apparent anger issues and fixations with these unsettling topics and beliefs. Are you aware that gay men and, to a lesser extent, lesbians and trans women were among the millions of victims of the Holocaust? I know you deny the Holocaust for anti-Semitic reasons, but that terrible event did, in fact, occur, and the Orlando shooting was the second deadliest targeting of the LGBTQ people since the Holocaust.
    Now, I have a degree in general religious studies with minors in philosophy and comparative religious studies from Texas Wesleyan University. I am a member of the trans community. My father paid for my surgery during 2014, and I legally changed my gender during 2015. Permit me to illuminate some issues with your hate-based rhetoric. In Matthew 9:12, Jesus says that there are eunuchs who are born that way, made that way, or choose to live that way. This has been interpreted by scholars as Jesus’ acceptance not only of asexuality but of homosexuality, bisexuality, and transsexuality. Additionally, Jesus encourages his followers to show compassion to the oppressed, the naked, the alien, and the sick. Jesus showed compassion to prostitutes and tax collectors, and he never reproached, belittled, nor disgraced any women. He defended them. For these reasons, I am disturbed by your homophobic remarks and your misogynistic remarks against trans women. I don’t care about Leviticus’ pronouncement against gay men, nor do I care about Paul’s remarks about gay people, for he was a misogynist with his own issues. I condemn discriminatory passages like that. That’s ethnocentric nonsense. As to your fixation with “sodomy,” I encourage you to read the entire story. The Hebrew in Genesis says that every “man, woman, and child” in Sodom wanted to rape those male-appearing angels, and yet Lot wanted to give them his daughters instead. This is unrealistic and horrifying. Lot’s wife likely befriended some righteous people in that city, and her choice to look at God’s wrath toward the town was a brave act of defiance. Afterward, Lot’s daughters are depicted as raping their father to become the ancestresses of the Moabites and Ammonites, and I discerned during the sixth grade that this was an origin myth for two of Israel’s enemies. It is a messed up story. In contrast, I believe that Jesus’ words and actions provide a noble example. The hatred and violence you espouse are not the answer. You are a sower of schism and scandal. Moreover, I just learned that you called for the death of former president Barack Obama. This is chilling, and it speaks to how unhinged you are, sir. For these reasons, I encourage you to seek professional help. Additional information pertaining to scriptural passages may be found here. http://thesaltcollective.org/the-biblical-case-for-embracing-transgender/ Dr. Stephen Sprinkle, a professor of practical theology and director of supervised ministry at Brite Divinity School, could educate you about these issues.
    I have found that this year is not the first that you have called for gay people to be executed by Christmas. You called for the death of all LGBTQ people, which is shocking. Really, does this benefit society? It encourages more violence and hate. Countless gay people have been abused and killed throughout history, and you should not throw gasoline on that fire. The same is true of transgender people, many of whom have been bullied to suicide and murdered. The Obama administration successfully prosecuted a man who killed a transgender woman, for it is a federal crime to kill anyone on that basis. Lastly, I have also reviewed your misogynistic sermons against women of all stripes, and I must say that you have some jealousy issues. All of this has led the Southern Poverty Law Center to label your church a hate-group.
    It is for all of the aforementioned reasons that I encourage you to seek professional help and further education. I pray that you consider your actions and refrain from implicitly or explicitly encouraging violence and death upon anyone. A force for division and demise is nothing compared to a force for peace and love.
    Sincerely,

Vaderize03 and Juliet316 like this.
  19. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
  20. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  21. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    DP of course