main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Here's Some Money, Go See A Swap Thing: DCU/Elseworlds Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by Lazy Storm Trooper, Jul 2, 2013.

1. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Johns and Feige are good friends, if I recall correctly from interviews. If GJ could pick up a few things to carry over that would curb the chaos with this film universe, that'd be a great move to let him run the show.

2. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    I've said before, I'd love to see Hamm as Batman or Superman, he could do both with ease. And the hero/alter-ego would be distinct, which I don't think we really have with the current iterations.

3. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    Johns has to stay, he is the guy to save DCEU.

4. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Johns isn't leaving. In fact, he was promoted a few months ago which is why "Doomsday Clock" is his only comic project right now.

5. Artoo-Dion

Artoo-Dion Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 9, 2009
    Didn't the Variety article basically make it sound like he's being pushed out? They want to move him to an "advisory" role while more tightly integrating the DCEU into the WB film division.

6. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    True, but he'll still be involved in the projects. Even if he isn't serving as a producer or executive producer.

Artoo-Dion likes this.
  7. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    Johns will still be DC Entertainment's Chief Creative Officer, but yeah, have only an advisory role when it comes to films. With Berg and Johns leaving, it opens the door for WB to hire a Kevin Feige or Kathleen Kennedy type to supervise and guide the DCEU so there's not all these last minute overhauls of reshoots, editorial cuts and tonal shifts. And unlike Johns, it should be somebody that has years of production experience and authoritative command, so that if a director is not delivering the goods as promised, the person in charge has the power and cajones to fire that person, like Kathleen Kennedy did with the Lord and Miller. With Disney reportedly closing the deal with Fox, Simon Kinberg, the long time producer of the X-Men franchise could be looking for a new job and WB might be a good place for him to be.

As for Hamm as Batman, fo sho! Hamm has demonstrated he has the ability to make a character seem cold with the ability compartmentalize emotions and relationships and focus at the task at hand. Moreover, Hamm has a talent to display a dark and mysterious side. I'd love for him to be Batman. I imagine Hamm as the live action incarnation of Batman from the animated series.

laurethiel1138 and Artoo-Dion like this.
  8. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    I'd be fine with Jon Hamm as Bats/Bruce Wayne.

9. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    Tom Hardy should be Batman.

10. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    [​IMG]

11. Dagobahsystem

Dagobahsystem Chosen One star 10

Sep 25, 2015
    And Oliver Hardy can be the Penguin.

12. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
  13. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Concept art always looks great. Zatanna is the biggest design departure from the source material, so I like in a certain way and dislike it in another. I do like that Natalie Dormer was the inspiration of the character.

[​IMG]

However, I never like the name "Justice League Dark."

In other news, an image of Hawk and Dove from the Titans series was released and I'm impressed.

[​IMG]

soitscometothis and VadersLaMent like this.
  14. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
  15. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Looks like WB found their Kevin Feige-type to shepherd DC Films.

DC Movies Finds New President with 'It,' 'Conjuring' Executive

DC Films under new management and Walter Hamada is their Kevin Fiege equivalent, huh? Just from the article above, sounds like Hamada has a good amount of experience and success in producing films. I just hope he understands the essence of the characters and has a vision for the DC Film Universe like a Feige. Hopefully, this new management will have share of some news of their vision and slate of films in the upcoming years.

16. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    CW's DCTV trailer for the midseason return with some sparkle at the end.

[​IMG]

heels1785 likes this.
  17. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
  18. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    'Flashpoint': Jonathan Goldstein and John Francis Daley in Talks to Direct DC Flash Movie

19. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    if they can actually hold onto some directors this time, I'd be impressed.

Sith_Sensei__Prime likes this.
  20. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Well, it was announced that the DC films is under new management as Walter Hamada takes the helm as I posted above, so yeah, hopefully this new management will be able to lay a foundation and stability for the upcoming DC films, post Aquaman. It's still unclear if WB/DC films will continue with a shared cinematic universe or a closely connected universe with the rumors about the Joker and Batman films being separate as well as Shazam.

21. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Flashpoint has parallel universe shenanigans, I'd wager it's going to set up the 52 Universe format, retcon Ben Affleck Batman (he's apparently still in this one), and make it so that there's a disconnected continuity. (but with an escape hatch if they ever want to string characters together again)

22. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    I was always skeptical of the decision to bring in an aged out Batman as being one of the pillars of the DC Film Universe. I mean, there was a lot of mileage on Batfleck that most likely never been covered now; like what happened to Wayne manor, who did Jason Todd die, what happened to Dick Grayson, what was that bad day that made Batman a killer ("Killing Joke" reference), etc. Additionally, I always imagined the first iteration of the Justice League movie would feature the DC Trinity in their prime.

So, doing a "Flashpoint" movie just to recast Ben Affleck is a iffy. I mean, would "Flashpoint" make Batman younger or would we still have a Batman contemplating retiring?

23. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    The like the pilot episode of Black Lightning as it was that "Dark Knight Returns" flavor going for it. It's definitely one of the more ground DCTV shows and I really felt the stakes as it's more personal, as oppose to "save the world" type of thing. The only thing I really didn't like is the youngest bratty teenage daughter who was always had her phone in her hand to update/check her social media. I thought the villains were well developed as well as the main character as the story telling created empathy for Jefferson Pierce.

The earlier Black Lightning costume looked better than the "Justice League" movie version of the Flash costume.

24. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    Well, in the comics, everyone who was over the age of thirty was de-aged by DC. So if they wanted to do that, they could.

25. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    So, you're thinking the "Flashpoint" movie would take a Bruce Wayne from a different universe from the Multiverse?