main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social So, how spoiler free will you be?

Discussion in 'Star Wars: New Films - No Spoilers Allowed' started by Legacy Jedi Endordude, Aug 15, 2013.

1. TheYodaPagoda

TheYodaPagoda Force Ghost star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    I would wager these are some of the finest episodes produced by both series, and while it doesn't change the stories we already knew, it sure expands upon them. I'm *really* glad I decided to watch both series!

2. jaqen

jaqen Chosen One star 5

Jul 22, 2004
    Whew! The spoilers are starting to run. So glad to have this section to seek solace in.

3. CosmicDust

CosmicDust Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 16, 2017
    I'm feeling the heat. lol I accidentally saw a screenshot of something from a TV spot. It's going to be intense after the world premier when people have actually seen the movie. I think it is this Saturday? So scary but weirdly exciting! Thank goodness for NSA. I'm so hyped now that the movie is almost here. :)

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  4. woj101

woj101 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Feb 19, 2000
    I've been reading references to premieres without really believing they were legit, but they're true.

I'm shocked and frightened...

5. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Alright time to ABANDON SHIP on the 8SA lol

6. Ricardo Funes

Ricardo Funes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    THREAT LEVEL: CRITICAL

[​IMG]

BigAl6ft6, jaqen, Darkslayer and 2 others like this.
  7. CosmicDust

Jul 16, 2017
    We can survive this, everyone! May the Force be with us!

8. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Um, both of the people in your avatar are dead, so my trust in this prediction has been shaken :p

BigAl6ft6, jaqen and CosmicDust like this.
  9. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    They're not really dead, you know. Not as long as we remember them.

10. Ricardo Funes

Dec 18, 2015
    I wonder how the mods distribute the workload considering that maybe some of them will not want to moderate spoiler sections ?

11. Artoo-Dion

Artoo-Dion Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 9, 2009
    Just through agreement.

jaqen and Ricardo Funes like this.
  12. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I actually got caught up on the last 2 SW.com red carpets last month, Rogue One and TFA and there's a part of my brain that's like "Oooh, red carpet livestream!" but then the much more saner, rational, calm and logical part of my brain is going "AHHHH! NO! SPOILERS! BURN THE INTERNET FOR THE NEXT WEEK!!"

13. Ricardo Funes

Dec 18, 2015
    Red Carpets are no problem at all. After the screening ends is where the spoilers begin.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  14. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Also since the film opens in the UK on the 14th, I will have seen it before the US opening so I won't be worried about spoilers at that point.

Ricardo Funes likes this.
  15. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    I'm doing pretty well on being spoiler free. There's one I might have seen the other day in one of the Spoilers Allowed threads, but it wasn't anything that hasn't been speculated before and wouldn't have been all that surprising had I not known about it ahead of time. That's about it. I'll probably come on and hang out here later today during the red carpet. After that it will pretty much be internet silence for me until Thursday. I don't even want to go on popular news sites or reddit because even a headline can give away a major spoiler.

16. Ricardo Funes

Dec 18, 2015
    I wonder why Disney does this.

I mean, they spend thousands if not millions of dollars to avoid leaks during production, but then happily release the secrets of the movie to a 3pp partner like DK (Visual Dictionary) ahead of the release, and do a premiere one week before the audiences get to see the movie.

Why the secret during production when themselves blow it up one week before the general audience can watch it?

MotivateR5D4 likes this.
  17. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    General reminder: please don't even hint at the types of spoilers being discussed in the Spoilers Allowed forum. Let's keep this place as safe as possible. [face_peace]

18. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    Probably as a way to give media outlets the first crack at talking about it. Which keeps Disney and SW as a major headline topic.

Versus if the average person had the same access to a movie premiere as media outlets do, that wouldn't give the media outlets much incentive to keep doing it knowing that they aren't out in front of it like they are now.

CosmicDust and Ricardo Funes like this.
  19. CosmicDust

Jul 16, 2017
    Now that there are actual spoilers/leaks, I keep feeling a compulsion to check Star Wars related websites when I have a quick little free moment, such as waiting in lines. The world premiere hasn't even happened yet. lol :_|

BigAl6ft6 and Grievousdude like this.
  20. Finland Skywalker

Finland Skywalker Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 13, 2016
    Wait, so people have already seen it? I'm very confused.

21. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017

There have been several leaks from the Visual Dictionary, which retailers already have.

22. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    People will have seen it soon, as the world premiere is tonight.

23. Finland Skywalker

Finland Skywalker Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 13, 2016
    I guess that should be avoiding the spoiler thread until I see it.

24. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I ain't even clicking on the non-spoiler twitter reviews / reactions thread. Now I'm just kinda paranoid that I'll be browsing a non-spoiler section of the board and someone will post "OMG! Jar-Jar Binks is Snoke!!" or something.

EDIT: GAK! I just clicked on a link about Abrams reaction to taking the gig and a sidebar link had an image from TLJ I hadn't seen before. And a headline! Bad, Internet, bad! Gotta stop random websurfing now too. I can last 5 days, I'll be fine

25. Ricardo Funes

Dec 18, 2015
    Do not watch the Youtube recording of the livestream. There are some very minor stuff and new images.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.