main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social So, how spoiler free will you be?

Discussion in 'Star Wars: New Films - No Spoilers Allowed' started by Legacy Jedi Endordude, Aug 15, 2013.

1. Justrec

Justrec Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 13, 2014
    LOL I don't blame you, though I am trying to keep that thread with the vaguest of tweets only. You do you my man!

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  2. Revyl Ren

Revyl Ren Jedi Master star 2

Aug 12, 2015
    I'll be more spoiler-free than I had hoped (and judged myself) to be. And I'm glad.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Ricardo Funes likes this.
  3. CosmicDust

CosmicDust Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 16, 2017
    I read the Twitter reactions posted to the thread on NSA and in summary: it's great and try to avoid spoilers! It was a good morale boost for spoiler avoidance but I also recommend not reading it. lol

4. Vinylshadow

Vinylshadow Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2017
    I'll be spoiling myself because reading about something isn't the same as seeing it with my own eyes, since there's only so much something like "X happened, Y died, and Z blew up" gives you

Context, lead-up, execution, and aftermath are all integral to the true experience and there's always gonna be those people who say "It's not the OT/PT/Other, so therefore it's bad even though I haven't seen it and if you like it, you're a horrible human being."

Who are always good for a laugh, I suppose

5. Finland Skywalker

Finland Skywalker Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 13, 2016
    Are the reviews positive?

6. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    We have a thread for that. Let's keep all posts regarding reactions and reviews to that thread.

7. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Agreed. Even vague hints towards critical reception are spoilers! We gotta be in lockdown mode here, people!

B3 and Ricardo Funes like this.
  8. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    double post secret important no spoilers ever! CONSTANT VIGILANCE!

B3 and Ricardo Funes like this.
  9. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Sunday Night Football is wall to wall Last Jedi ads, dangit. I may have glanced at 4 shots I haven't seen yet. :/ Help meeeee!!!

10. Martoto77

Martoto77 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 6, 2016
    AAAAAARGGGH. I don't even want to hear how good it is! Roll on Saturday so I can start spoiling it for my friends going next week!!! :p

Ricardo Funes and TCF-1138 like this.
  11. Luke'sSeveredHand

Luke'sSeveredHand Jedi Master star 4

Jul 21, 2014
    I want to be spoiled and yet not spoiled at the same time. WHAT AM I TO DO??

12. Ricardo Funes

Ricardo Funes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    [​IMG]

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  13. Storm_Cloud

Storm_Cloud Jedi Master star 3

Jan 13, 2016
    I'd quite like to read all the spoilers, perhaps even catch some bootleg copy on the Internet - I've heard such a thing is already out there - but then get hypnotised so I forget all about them and watch the film fresh. Win win

Luke'sSeveredHand likes this.
  14. CosmicDust

Jul 16, 2017
    When an ad comes on, I now press mute and cover my eyes. lol

Ricardo Funes and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  15. Ricardo Funes

Ricardo Funes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    Please share spoiler avoidance techniques here.

I am worried about the actual day, in the queue and before the movie starts. Just imagine some genius on the line or in a nearby seat spewing out something major.

CosmicDust likes this.
  16. Artoo-Dion

Artoo-Dion Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 9, 2009
    I have gouged out my eyes and filled my ears with concrete.

jaqen, Ricardo Funes and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  17. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    iPod with earpbuds in my ears. That's what I did for TFA. Had SW music playing.

18. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    If you have reserved seating, no need to worry about being line-spoiled, skip the line and walk in when the ads start!

Ricardo Funes and CosmicDust like this.
  19. Storm_Cloud

Jan 13, 2016

I'm doing this! The wife can sort out the tickets and whatnot.

Ricardo Funes and Force Smuggler like this.
  20. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Just hope the she doesn't want to talk to you about stuff. My Dad can be like that times.

21. Storm_Cloud

Jan 13, 2016

No, that's first lesson of being married: You don't need to listen, just learn when she expects a response and just say "Yeah" or "Sorry" if she looks cross.

22. CosmicDust

Jul 16, 2017

I preordered for the first matinee showing on a Monday reserved seating. lol With headphones I think it ought to work out ok.

23. CowMoo

CowMoo Jedi Master star 3

Aug 12, 2001
    So far, that hasn't happened to me yet, although it is still possible. I think it is more likely that there may be some kid or other who is giddy over what he just saw and inadvertently spoils the plot for the others who hasn't seen the film yet. For myself, I've been mostly spoiler-free, although with all the press out there, I have to say that it is more difficult to avoid any Star Wars news. For myself, I considered myself mildly spoiled when I found out that
    Laura Dern is involved in the movie. Apparently, she is a cast member.

There is the headphones technique, though I have to say, I like hearing the crowd just before the show. There are few films and franchises that equal the phenomenon of Star Wars, and on the day of the showing, I anticipate that there will much excitement in the air.

I do agree though, that the best way to avoid spoilers is probably show up to the theater early enough to get comfy in the seats and enjoy the crowd, but not too early, to avoid overhearing anything important.

24. Dave Hoffman

Dave Hoffman Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 24, 2012
    I've learned from a couple years ago that there's no avoiding spoilers. I tried last time and had tickets for day #2. But on day #1, listening to some obscure radio show that had nothing to do with movies, someone let loose a couple of significant spoilers out of nowhere. So besides some news outlets, social media, and YouTube recommendations popping up, you also have to contend with the jerks who love spoiling things for others. Unless you go totally off the grid and avoid people, the percentage of learning something you don't want to know goes up by the hour.

Things could change, but I don't plan to see TLJ for a while. I know I'll hear of many details by the time I get around to seeing it, but that's ok. I'm not seeking anything out, but at the same time, I don't find myself avoiding anything either. Don't really care this time around.

25. woj101

woj101 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Feb 19, 2000

I go totally insular. Hood over my head. Headphones. Don't look at or talk to anyone. Star Wars is a very personal experience for me, I don't need to share it with anyone. I get almost like I'm about to play a big match - totally focused. For TFA I did that and just sat watching the trailer and playing Mario Kart on my 3DS.

BigAl6ft6 and Ricardo Funes like this.