main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CT Star Wars Misconceptions You Had as a Kid. (RE-MADE)

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Jedi_Saber101, Jun 9, 2011.

1. DJT

DJT Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 2, 2017
    I used to think Obi-Wan was Luke's father LOL.

Dread Pirate Roberts likes this.
  2. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    So this just keeps making me crack up, but I have to ask: didn't you think it might be strange for Luke's father to have been a fish?

Nehru_Amidala and Ewok Poet like this.
  3. MJ-100

MJ-100 Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 23, 2015
    I used to think Padmé and Anakin were brother and sister who were in love and had a child 'darth vader'.

Ewok Poet likes this.
  4. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    Lol now that, I would have loved

5. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    How did I get here....

Darkslayer likes this.
  6. ForcePushUp

ForcePushUp Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 19, 2016
    As a kid, I used to call him "Dark Vader" instead of Darth Vader, which seems to be a common one among fans.

For some reason, when I was really young, I thought Tarkin and The Emperor were the same person. Like he was in charge in the 1st movie, and he survived the Death Star blast, which is why he's a disfigured wreck in Return of the Jedi. I have no idea why I thought this, although it is hilarious that this concept has kind of resurfaced as I've one of the Snoke identity theories I've read was that he's a scarred up Tarkin that survived the Death Star explosion.

I didn't realize Greedo was dead after Han Shot him. I thought he just knocked him out. Boy was I a dumb innocent or what?

And for some reason I thought the Rebel base was on Earth. I think I saw the forested area and just assumed it was Earth that the Rebels were based in.

SateleNovelist11, DJT and PCCViking like this.
  7. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    I called a certain Hutt, "Jabba the Butt"

8. MJ-100

MJ-100 Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 23, 2015

I still do because that's the translation in my country and now it's stuck in my mind.

9. sarlaccsaurs-rex

sarlaccsaurs-rex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 10, 2007
    Not really a misconception, but something I just now realized. A lot of people ask why in the special editions we see Tatooine celebrating the fall of the Empire along with the rest of the galaxy, when galactic law hardly had an effect on Tatooine. The more I think about it the celebration of the Empire's defeat there was probably just a bonus, and the main reason they were celebrating was the death of jabba earlier in the film. (The main evil dictator of Tatooine.) So Tatooine celebrating still makes sense.

10. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    "My life is upon me, and soon...light must fall." That's what I thought Yoda said. Turns out that he said the following: "Twilight is upon me, and soon...night mus fall." I think many of us had some difficulty understanding some of Yoda's lines when we were kids.

11. Gembo

Gembo Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 6, 2017
    I always thought that Yoda was a really old human, and that when you got to a certain age you started to turn green.

Ananta Chetan and Ewok Poet like this.
  12. EntechednReformatted

EntechednReformatted Jedi Master star 2

Oct 17, 2009
    ROTJ came out when I was 7, and for an embarassingly long time, I thought Luke's lightsaber was green because he didn't finish his training and screwed up building it. :oops:

13. ImpreciseStormtrooper

ImpreciseStormtrooper Jedi Master star 3

Jan 8, 2016
    I thought Biggs was a swear word when I was a little kid. Didn't even know it was a name.

"Blast it Biggs!"

A part of me still likes to think it is.

14. catmom46

catmom46 Jedi Padawan

Oct 9, 2017
    When I first saw ESB(I was 9 in 1980), I thought when Luke “killed” Vader in the cave, I thought the movie was over plus I thought the carbonite block Han was frozen was bronze instead of silver/gray.

15. Binder-lover

Binder-lover Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 3, 2003
    I thought Star Wars was stupid, because i read a film review book that said it was stupid and hadn't learned to form my own opinions yet, so I decided the book was right XD Later on I found an ROTJ kids' book at school. Since I was in a 'this-is-dumb' phase I tried to covertly read it because I was embarrassed about reading something i didn't like. But when I did read it I was interested, and that got me into Star Wars as a whole. ROTJ ended up being my favorite movie :)

Ren Kylo, J7Luke and Sarge like this.
  16. JediBatman

JediBatman Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2015
    Like others have said, I always thought Jabba turned Oola into a squid and then ate her, instead of feeding her to the Rancor and then eating a squid.

17. SateleNovelist11

Jan 10, 2015
    That's priceless.

18. Bosozoku27

Bosozoku27 Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 10, 2017
    In ROTJ just after Luke slashed off Vader's hand, and Luke looked at his own gloved hand...

I thought that Luke was physically transforming into Vader's form... if Luke went on to cut off Vader's arm, then Luke's arm would becoming black and mechanical.

Martoto77 and jimtalkbox like this.
  19. J7Luke

J7Luke Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 30, 2017
    I thought all these guys were supposed to be the Emperor's look-alikes/replacements:
    [​IMG]

Billy_Dee_Binks likes this.
  20. Darth Vader's Chest Plate

Darth Vader's Chest Plate Jedi Master star 2

Mar 18, 2013
    Imperial dignitaries by day, gangland rap-battlers by night!

Binder-lover, Vthuil and J7Luke like this.
  21. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    You know what? I wouldn't be surprised if that was actually the case. Maybe they would pose as the Emperor for "public events," while Palpatine was busy elsewhere. Keep them at a distance from the crowds, add a little makeup for effect along with the right clothing, and the average citizen wouldn't know the difference.

Avnar, Binder-lover and J7Luke like this.
  22. Your Pal Friendpatine

Your Pal Friendpatine Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 29, 2017
    I thought that Artoo really had played the "wrong message" and would sometimes wonder why Luke would record such a message to begin with.

I thought Jabba was part of the Empire, he was a bad guy and I just lumped them all together I guess and didn't understand he was a third party in the conflict. I remember thinking the hierarchy went: The Emperor, Vader, Jabba. I also remember when I first figured it out as a kid, just watching RotJ one day and I had the eureka moment which blew my mind.

When I was like 4 or 5 I was watching ANH with my older brother, when Luke/Han in disguise are waiting for the turbolift next to a seemingly bottomless pit my brother told me the Sarlaac lived down there. As I said I already thought Jabba was an Imperial so it didn't seem all that odd to me that they might be keeping it on board the Death Star prior to the events of RotJ. This one I didn't believe for too long though, the belief about Jabba lasted until I was at least 10 I bet.

Those are the only ones I can think of at the moment but I know there were others.

Binder-lover likes this.
  23. SateleNovelist11

Jan 10, 2015
    You thought Jabba was Imperial? Man, that would be something else if they kept the Sarlacc on the Death Star. But it would die! Boba Fett would be like, "Better it than me!" Of course, those of us who know all the EU lore are well aware that Fett did not actually die.

Nehru_Amidala likes this.
  24. Jester J Binks

Jester J Binks Jedi Master star 4

Dec 19, 2016
    I can absolutely see this happening to a young kid that still just views things as either bad or good. "Or you're a bad guy. You must know ....."

I'm sure I had some crazy misconceptions, but they aren't coming to me at the moment. The thing I remembered the most as a kid was trying to reconcile why Luke killing the Emperor would turn him dark. I had just witnessed Luke killing tons of *bad* people earlier in the film. Is it because if you kill the main bad guy, you become the main bad guy?

Your Pal Friendpatine likes this.
  25. Your Pal Friendpatine

Your Pal Friendpatine Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 29, 2017
    Well I first saw RotJ when I was 3. I hadn't read any EU yet and I didn't understand movies very well back then. I cried all the way through E.T. (the first movie I saw in the theater) because he scared me half to death. I thought he was a monster instead of our kindly little alien friend.

Jester J Binks likes this.