main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social Get In Line, NSA Edition - A Social Countdown to The Mandalorian and Grogu

Discussion in 'Star Wars: New Films - No Spoilers Allowed' started by mavjade , Aug 2, 2013.

1. Dak Oolron

Dak Oolron Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 24, 2014
    I'm gonna watch the first half of TFA tonight, the 2nd half tomorrow night, then TLJ Thursday night! :D

Luke'sSeveredHand likes this.
  2. Luke'sSeveredHand

Luke'sSeveredHand Jedi Master star 4

Jul 21, 2014
    BE WARNED: Even the "spoiler free" reviews are giving things away....(let out a few expletives as I read one and closed the tab immediately).

I'm not sure if stating whether a particular outlet's review is positive or negative is considered a "spoiler" in these parts, so I'll put it in tags...

Generally, a positive consensus throughout...93% on RT at the moment (yes, yes, it know it's a flawed system). Only two reviews I began to read that had borderline disdain for the movie were the New Yorker (surprise, surprise...) and Variety, which did shock me a bit.

3. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    In just over 24 hours I'll be settling in to the IMAX 3D double bill of TFA & TLJ! Can't wait!!

So insanely hyped right now! All I want to do is read the reviews but I'm avoiding everything! I've lasted this long without spoilers I'll be damned if I'm letting anyone ruin it for me now!

4. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Big Bad Yoda Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Mar 8, 2000

Apparently some of the reviews are spoiler heavy, so yeah - I'm officially out. 54 hours 11 minutes with no social media or pretty much any outlet a spoiler might come through. Aaaaand go.

5. Artoo-Dion

Artoo-Dion Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 9, 2009
    Fanta and IKEA! I'm expecting a few car ads and then some ad for a local private school. Back in the '80s you could count on a Coke ad and maybe an ad for the popular rock radio station, but those days have gone.

Ricardo Funes likes this.
  6. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Back in 80's and 90's there were no commercials in front of movies here - only movie trailers.
    But yeah, there'll be local ads here as well. Plus some trademark Swedish "You're not allowed to forget about all the horrors in the world for two hours until you've been adequately reminded of said horrors, so here are ten ads telling you that you too can lose someone to cancer/heart decease/violent crime/alcoholism, etc." stuff. We really don't want people to enjoy themselves in this country. :p

Dak Oolron, Ricardo Funes and EHT like this.
  7. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    OMG. in 5 days I will be in the IMAX theater waiting to see TLJ. I read the two spoiler-free reviews posted up recently on TF.N's main page, and of course it only made me even MORE excited!! Which I didn't think could happen!

I'm sure when I'm finally sitting in the theater, once every one of the (probably like 7 or 8) trailers come up at the beginning-for each one that comes up I'll be like
    "!&^ #@?% it!!!" Like they're just teasing me with trailer after trailer before finally starting the movie!

TheYodaPagoda likes this.
  8. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Well, I'm logging off for the night. Next time I log on, tomorrow afternoon, I will have seen the film.

Good luck with remaining spoiler free, everyone - see you on the other side! :)

9. SHAD0W-JEDI

SHAD0W-JEDI Force Ghost star 4

May 20, 2002
    The weeks...the WEEK...just before a new SW movie is always great. I know the term "hype" has gotten a bad connotation, but I love it. Some very fond memories - of the Prequel years, believe it or not - when Burger King had "adult happy meals" with TWO Star Wars toys in them, when the cereal boxes contained light up light saber spoons, the local Wal-Mart was decked out with SW stuff EVERYWHERE. And I still recall arriving for the midnight show of Revenge of the Sith, at the time everyone assuming 'this was it", the atmosphere. Not that I wasn't excited for the OT movies, but there is hype and there is hype...back then, merchandising wasn't quite as crazy, nor the commercial tie-ins.

At any rate, I am about as unspoiled for this one as any SW movie SINCE the OT. Now, can I stay that way until Sunday night, when we are going to see it? Well, I hope the Force is with me. LOL We'll see. Hope everyone has a blast. These are some of the most fun times to be part of the SW 'community' - it actually makes me feel good to imagine how many other SW fans out there right now, of all ages, are getting that excited feeling that rivals that of kids at Christmas. Enjoy!

10. Jedi Daniel

Jedi Daniel Chosen One star 5

Apr 7, 2000
    Just over 12 hours to go and I've only seen the two main trailers. I'm less spoilt this time around considering the prequels and TFA :)

Ricardo Funes likes this.
  11. Ricardo Funes

Ricardo Funes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    In exactly 24 hours I will be in an IMAX theather watching the STAR WARS logo and the intro fanfare.

It is a great time to be a Star Wars fan.

I hope you all keep unspoiled in this final stretch. Use earbuds, listen to music while waiting in the line !

Have an amazing time with your family, friends or together with the fans you meet there. A nice chance to make new friends.

I may come back to this forum to hype you guys, but of course I will then return to the dark sides of Spoiler-land.

May The Force Be With You.

12. Ghost_Jedi

Ghost_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 27, 2003
    Friday 1 PM

13. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    I’m seeing it in just over an hour. It’s the New Zealand premier. Has anyone else seen it on these forums or am I going to be the first? I’m so excited!

Jedi Daniel likes this.
  14. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    It turns out it was 3D, so I left and went home. So I'll be seeing it for the first time tomorrow night.

15. TheYodaPagoda

TheYodaPagoda Force Ghost star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    I saw Rogue One for the third time in IMAX, and decided then that when I see The Last Jedi, THAT'S how I'll see it. My brother said "no" because apparently he thinks he'll get dizzy. I'm sure I'll see it eventually in IMAX though...enjoy!

DARTH_BELO likes this.
  16. woj101

woj101 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Feb 19, 2000
    You just turned around and said 'I can wait'? That's astounding. I could not have done that. I'm seeing it as early as I practically can, however it's presented.

As it happens, I'm seeing it in IMAX 3D by choice. I was undecided, as it's a 45 minute drive for me (which will be interesting at 3am on my way home tonight), but what swung it for me was that they were doing a double bill with TFA before TLJ, for seemingly no/little extra cost.

I've only ever seen one film at an IMAX, and that was Gravity, which I thought was a fantastic experience, otherwise I would normally steer clear of 3D showings.

DARTH_BELO and Luke'sSeveredHand like this.
  17. Finland Skywalker

Finland Skywalker Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 13, 2016
    What's wrong with 3D?

18. Luke'sSeveredHand

Jul 21, 2014
    Good lord. You have the self control of a Jedi Master. There is no way in **** I would have turned around and left.

19. DV-213

DV-213 Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 18, 2014
    I will see the movie in about two hours. (Early evening in Europe.)

When does the US shows start?

20. Luke'sSeveredHand

Jul 21, 2014
    There have been a few "special" screenings but 7 P.M. EST tomorrow is the earliest I've seen (at least in my town)

21. DV-213

DV-213 Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 18, 2014

Tomorrow? Is it not today Wednesday?

22. Luke'sSeveredHand

Jul 21, 2014
    Thursday evening is the earliest for general audiences in the U.S. (to my knowledge).

Dak Oolron likes this.
  23. Dak Oolron

Dak Oolron Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 24, 2014
    I bid my temporary farewell on Facebook last night, accompanied by the Lando wave gif (he's in the hangar of Home One before the Battle of Endor) I've become fond of using for such posts :)

My ticket says 7:45 Thursday evening... :D

24. MYMUTHAZ

MYMUTHAZ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 17, 2001
    1 more sleep! Might avoid the internet all together tomorrow. These will be the 2 longest days of work ever.

Dak Oolron and Luke'sSeveredHand like this.
  25. Darth-Horax

Darth-Horax Force Ghost star 6

Aug 22, 2001
    I don't have tickets yet. Trying to get everything in line with my wife and 4 kids is tough.
    I think this will have to wait until Monday to see with the family (or so she knows). I might sneak out of work early on friday to see it alone and then see it with the fam as well.

Luke'sSeveredHand and Dak Oolron like this.