main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph One Thread To Rule Them All: The Rings of Power + The Hobbit & Lord of the Rings Trilogies

Discussion in 'Community' started by -Courtney-, Nov 25, 2006.

1. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    While they were not great movies, my son and I really enjoyed our annual tradition of seeing the Hobbit movies in the theater each December during their three year run. Even though they have their own issues, the LOTR movies were much better, IMO, but I missed those in the theater. So this news reminds me of something I said after The Battle of the Five Armies came out, which was that I was glad to see the Middle-earth saga concluded (the end of BOTFA does flow really nicely into FOTR), but that I did not want to see any more Middle-earth movies after that point. Ironically, this news may help with that, because a move into a TV series like this probably makes more movies at a future point less likely. I’ll personally have a pretty easy time skipping this, especially since it’s on Amazon.

2. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    [​IMG]

AplagueOnTheWise, TX-20 and EHT like this.
  3. laurethiel1138

laurethiel1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 6, 2003
  4. laurethiel1138

laurethiel1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 6, 2003
    Double post. Sorry.

5. Bacon164

Bacon164 Chosen One star 8

Mar 22, 2005
    Huge fan of his performance, not a fan of his return. Ian's performance is captured, this is a great opportunity for a different interpretation of Tolkien's world.

tom likes this.
  6. solo77

solo77 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 28, 2002
    No one will be hiring him now after his comments on the sex scandal in hollywood...

7. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
  8. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012