main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Spider-Man & SSU Films (Madame Web, Venom 3, Kraven, Beyond the Spider-Verse)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Spiderfan, May 20, 2008.

1. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000

I rather like the animation style and color palette here- and that upside down descent shot was great.

2. SensationalSean

SensationalSean Jedi Master star 3

Dec 19, 2014
    The premise is unexpected and the animation is cool. I can't wait to see what other universe's Spider-Men will appear.

Is Miles chasing Prowler (Uncle Aaron) on the bike?

3. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    I agree, the animation for this looks really good. As a huge Spider-Man fan I'm actually really looking forward to this and seeing who all makes an appearance.

4. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Next December, right? Interesting.

5. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    I like it. But NEXT December? C'mon...

6. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    If we see more Spiders, I want to see Spider-Punk, SP//der, that successful Spider-Man from the 90's cartoon and a version of Jessica Drew that uses her first costume

7. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    This Into the Spider-Verse looks really great. Visually, it reminds me of the anime version of Ghost In the Shell.

Additionally, the seems to respect the audience's intelligence with introducing a "spider-verse." Too often I hear that a multiverse is too much of a concept for the average moviegoer to comprehend.

In other Spidey-news, the logo, as well as the inspiration of Tom Hardy's Venom movie has been revealed.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The ‘Venom’ Movie Will Be Primarily Based on These Two Comic Runs

8. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Wow I guess they're skipping Venom vs Carnage and going full bore third act everyone turns into symbiotes craziness.

anyway, as for the animated Miles film, If they go full-bore Spider-verse as in Amazing Spider-Man, Ultimate Spider-Man, Superior Spider-Man, 60s Spider-Man, Manga Spider-Man, Spider-Gwen and more, I would be totally okay with that if they bypass the origin and just get into the multiple dimension Spider-Man craziness. Now Miles does have a really cool origin which could make for a good movie but lead with the best stuff. *cough* looking at you, Venom movie. I wanted Venom vs Carnage out of the gate, dangit! *cough*

9. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Something I hope we will see in the Spider-verse are more alternative Milles Morales, Jessica Drew, Anya Corazon and/or Julia Carpenter. So it is not a lot of alternative Peter Parkers and just one version of all the other Spider-people

10. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Sith_Sensei__Prime likes this.
  11. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Another idea that would be interesting is if Milles Morales, Jessica Drew, Anya Corazon, Julia Carpenter and Cindy Moon each is their Earth's only (or main) Spider-person

Violent Violet Menace likes this.
  12. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    Woody Harrelson is becoming another version of Samuel L. Jackson, in that, he's going to be in every blockbuster and putting him in a movie automatically makes the movie better. :p

bluealien1 likes this.
  13. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001

A theatrical production with CGI takes a long time to complete.

14. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    The PT would like a word with you.

Sarge likes this.
  15. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    the way he said "a sith lord?" was one of the highlights of the pt tbf.

Sith_Sensei__Prime likes this.
  16. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Yah, I believe Jackson couldn't put in a bad performance if he tried. Okay, he's exceptionally chill in Phantom Menace but he barely out of his chair the entire movie. Besides, slow burn to "I'M GOING TO END THIS, ONCE AND FOR ALL!!"

17. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    It was still better with him in it, right?

18. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Do we know what latino country/culture Miles Morales' mother's family is from?

19. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    Puerto Rican

Gamiel and Sith_Sensei__Prime like this.
  20. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    "A Sith...........lord?"

21. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    That Spider-Verse trailer was pretty awesome for how stylized the visuals were. It kind of looks like, from just the last shot, they may be skipping Miles origin and just go full Spider-Verse. Heck, maybe if they get Tom Holland to voice Peter Parker we can sort of squint and pretend it's a part of the MCU.

22. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    just saw this .

It's good , not as good as the Raimi films but much better than the last 2 .
    Tom Holland is very good , and not just at the comedy bits , the scene in the car with Keaton where they both realise who's who is really subtly played .

anyway - it's funny , as expected , neat how they avoid the usual skyscrapers which means they have to get creative , and we see him changing into his spidey outfit ! they usually dodge this .

the FX - errm , I thought a lot of the spidey stuff looked a bit cartoony , not quite reacting to gravity right .

the schoolteacher had some great lines too

Sarge and BigAl6ft6 like this.