main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Rey & Kylo Ren in Episode IX

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Sforza, Dec 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sforza

Sforza Jedi Master star 3

Jan 28, 2016
    What do you think guys?

whostheBossk and Force22 like this.
  2. RandomGreyJ

RandomGreyJ Jedi Master star 4

Jun 14, 2016
    It almost was (felt like a fanfiction) but it's pretty much dead now what with Kylo's fate at the end of TLJ. I'm not gonna go into details and spoilers but Rey felt INCREDIBLY ooc in a lot of ways for me. Felt like Padme *shivers* and almost a complete contrast of what her character was in TFA. At this point if Rey fell in love with Kylo after what happens then she'd honestly just be an idiot. John wasn't kidding when he said romance would be a weird thing last year.

Nothing that could even be seen as potentially subjectively semi-romantic (you get the point) in that movie made any sense for any characters, and it makes me feel like John's recent comment makes that more obvious, as well as where it will end up in IX.

Believe me I"m not trying to sound edgy or cool when I say this, nor am I trying to start a fight, but TLJ felt like a bit of a mess in a lot of places. It makes me somewhat excited for JJ to come back like how John and Daisy were so excited.

3. ZodaEX

ZodaEX Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 27, 2015
    You saw TLJ already?

Sforza likes this.
  4. RandomGreyJ

Jun 14, 2016
    Luke voice: I'VE SEEN ENOUGH

5. Sforza

Jan 28, 2016
    well, rose gave us a great quote: you win by saving what you love. Ben will be saved, there will be struggle, twists but in the end he is the young prince. also, snoke will probably be back somehow, that went too easy.

6. Sforza

Jan 28, 2016
    I saw it and it's awesome

Ann Louise and Strongbow like this.
  7. Sable de luz

Sable de luz Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 18, 2015
    I think its disgusting and sends a horrendous message.

8. RandomGreyJ

Jun 14, 2016
    The only way I can picture Kylo surviving and being "redeemed" would be if he either surrendered and was locked away forever, or escapes into exile and becomes a pariah forever (with his past constantly haunting him, making his "freedom" bittersweet).

He's quite literally become space hitler, except way more unstable (which i think is pretty awesome. it's the only thing i could appreciate about that movie). Other than that, there's no way Rey could fall in love with him, not without sacrificing her character again anyway.

I'll be honest, the concept of reylo was always weird to me after TFA, especially after all the evil crap he does in that one. I never really viewed it as an option because I thought it wouldnt make sense for Rey's character. TLJ proved my point because I felt like Rey was REALLY off in a lot of ways (Daisy mentioned that she was worried about how fans would feel about Rey in this one. Same with Mark). I feel like Rey and Luke's characters were treated pretty badly just to make Kylo seem sympathetic, and it honestly felt weird to me. It felt unfair in a way as well.

But now after what happens in TLJ? With Kylo overthrowing Snoke, becoming Supreme Leader Ren, talking about how he'll destroy the last Jedi and the Resistance? I'm sorry, again I'm not trying to start a fight but I cannot possibly FATHOM the idea of Rey willingly falling in love with him anymore. I feel like TLJ was almost teasing a particular audience, only to end up being the final nail in the coffin for it. I feel like once JJ comes back, the romance in IX will actually be rather simple and expected between the two characters I picture. I won't mention the romance I picture because I don't want to get off topic and then start a big argument over it.

Ren Kylo, Blastaar, Eugene3 and 2 others like this.
  9. HispAnakin

HispAnakin Jedi Padawan star 2

Oct 16, 2017
    I cant see how KK and her Feminist movment would get behind that at all. It just sets a really bad look

abbyroads, DARTHSHAME and D'an like this.
  10. RiddleMeThis

RiddleMeThis Jedi Master star 4

Dec 7, 2017
    if i can answer this without having seen tlj yet... i would say yes, it sounds like the pieces are set for romance. kylo let rey go. when they reunite, they won't part again imo.

Ann Louise and Sforza like this.
  11. Dominick1216

Dominick1216 Jedi Master star 1

Feb 23, 2013
    Lol it seems like Solo men have a thing for women a decade younger than them [face_laugh]

12. Strongbow

Strongbow Force Ghost star 5

Nov 6, 2014
    Wrong forum...

13. tsn81

tsn81 Jedi Master star 1

May 8, 2002
    Having seen the movie. I think that Ben may have had some hopes, but I doubt that Rey is willing to go down that path anymore. Not after everything that has happened. But Rey did leave Ben alive when she probably had the chance to kill him, so who knows.

14. Sforza

Jan 28, 2016
    Please, can you give me that link? :)

15. Skillzwalker

Skillzwalker Jedi Master star 3

Oct 24, 2015
    Having seen it now the movie sort of hints at it during the second act, although i do not believe it was romance, just Rey wanting to save Ben and Kylo trying to recruit Rey. I guess he might of had some sort of an attraction??

However by the end of the movie its dead in the water (thankfully)

godisawesome likes this.
  16. Charlie07

Charlie07 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2015
    No, simply for two reasons:

1. Rey rejects the offer of ruling the galaxy on the Supremacy

2. Rey shuts the door on him with the falcon, symbolising that's it, there is no redemption for kylo, and rey is the one to stop him.

Reylo was never going to be a "thing". Kylo wasn't trying to "seduce" a love interest. He was seeking an ally for ultimate power.

17. Strongbow

Strongbow Force Ghost star 5

Nov 6, 2014
    Just PM me. I posted some spoilers thinking this was the TLJ forum.

18. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    Star Wars is about growing up from child to adult.

TLJ was about Rey's teenage hormone bad boy-I can change him-phase.

Episode IX she'll learn from her mistakes and be more adult.

Just how Luke came in RotJ like a G.

19. Blastaar

Blastaar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 25, 2015

Why do you think spoke will be back?

20. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    Gonna go out on a limb and say that Rey will hopefully find out that her junker "parents" weren't her real parents but rather kidnappers/pirates who took her when she was a newborn.

From whom??? Guess we'll find out.

21. Blastaar

Blastaar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 25, 2015
    I think KK has been replaced with a skrull.

Luke's "teenage years" was about learning patience and accepting guidance from his teachers.

Rey's "teenage years" is about learning not to go after the bad boy.

I'm not saying you're wrong. I agree that metaphor can be applied. I'm just saying that if they thought that was a good idea, then...girl power, i guess.

cerealbox likes this.
  22. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012

Yeah i'm getting that feel, it's going to be shot down by a million fans but there is some sort of connection between Rey and Kylo, something that is very deep within them.

Ann Louise and ladygrey45 like this.
  23. MichaelSkellig

MichaelSkellig Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 1, 2017
    Yup, some elements could have been lifted straight from fanfic. I could almost hear Rian's brain ticking with mischief.

Given that Luke seems to be gone, and Carrie will not play the role she was supposed to play, I think that the Rey/Kylo relationship is what IX will have to concentrate on.

Right now, I think he's still driven by anger and the need for revenge, and Rey is a power who could either aid or stop him. But the "could you find a towel" line was a hint, I think, that they're a bit aware of more than the power potential.

24. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    What relationship? She hates him, if this is playing hard to get then it's taken it to a whole new level. Just because they teamed up for a few minutes means nothing when it came down to it he showed he has no conscience and she deplores that.

TheAwsomur and godisawesome like this.
  25. Diminished Comet

Diminished Comet Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 27, 2017
    Mark Hamill confirmed Reylo
    And if you don't see the romantic tension in every scene with Kylo and Rey together in TLJ then you must be blind!

Skip to 5:10 on this vid

koderenn, Ann Louise, Sforza and 5 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.