main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social Get In Line, NSA Edition - A Social Countdown to The Mandalorian and Grogu

Discussion in 'Star Wars: New Films - No Spoilers Allowed' started by mavjade , Aug 2, 2013.

1. MYMUTHAZ

MYMUTHAZ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 17, 2001
    There's no way I could wait a single day past the release. Just too afraid of spoilers.

2. Darth Dnej

Darth Dnej Jedi Master star 4

Apr 27, 2013
    I've felt that way too. For TFA, I saw it Saturday. For RO, I saw it Sunday. With TLJ, I am seeing it at 3:40 PM on Friday in IMAX 3D. Fear of spoilers, wanting to see Luke again, and only seeing the film with one other person make it so I can see it on Friday for once.

3. DV-213

DV-213 Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 18, 2014
    Ah, funny that Europe, or at least Sweden, got it already today. I have just seen it. (No spoilers of course.)

Luke'sSeveredHand likes this.
  4. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003

Man, I applaud your will power!!!! You must really dislike 3D, in order to be willing to delay seeing TLJ a day!

The first movie I ever saw in IMAX (3D) was The Avengers, at the recommendation of some friends I went with. I was blown away! Then not long after, I saw the re-relase of Jurassic Park in IMAX 3D, and from that night on, I swore that all of the major film releases I was extremely excited for (Avengers Movies, The Hobbit movies, Justice League, Star Wars, etc.) would always be IMAX 3D for my first viewing. If I see it a 2nd time-which is rare for me these days-it will be in regular 2D.

Anyone who hasn't seen a movie like that in IMAX, especially Star Wars, I HIGHLY recommend it. It's much more than just a big screen. The visual quality is better and more immersive (especially if they filmed with an IMAX camera), the 3D is improved over regular projections, and the sound is also incredible!

This is going to be a rough 3 days for me. I'm thinking starting tomorrow I will be signing off of all things internet until I see it. So I guess this will be my last post on here till then.

Good luck avoiding spoilers everyone, and I'll see ya'll back on the SA forums after Sunday!!

MotivateR5D4 likes this.
  5. Ghost Ryder

Ghost Ryder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 16, 2016
    I have about 47 hours to go as of this post. Previously, I was thinking of going early next week, but the combination of hype and spoiler paranoia drew me to Friday; this'll be my first time seeing a movie on its release date. :D My rewatch has been a good hype outlet in the meantime (ROTJ tonight and TFA tomorrow).

6. ChewieWe'reHome

ChewieWe'reHome Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 25, 2015
    Less than 24 hours till my Thursday night showing. Is it just me or has this movie been way less spoiler-prone than TFA? I think a big part of that can be attributed to the fantastic marketing that (seems to) barely reveal anything major.

MotivateR5D4 likes this.
  7. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    Less than 24 hours to go!!!

That, and I think people know that much of this story will majorly focus on Luke. No spoiler there, just going based on what we all know. This is the next true offering of the tale of Luke Skywalker. As opposed to the introduction of an entirely new set of characters like in TFA. So with Luke being a major point of the story in TLJ, I think many people are intentionally wanting to remain as spoiler free as possible.

Same. For me, I just couldn't handle the feeling of knowing that everyone else has seen it and I haven't. Even watching for the first time with that being the case would seem lackluster knowing I'm just playing catch up to what everyone else already knows. Unless there were circumstances totally beyond my control that kept me from seeing it, but even then, at the first moment I could I would go straight to a theater and watch it.

Dak Oolron likes this.
  8. woj101

woj101 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Feb 19, 2000
    So having just watched TFA and TLJ in an IMAX theatre, I would say it's better to see 2D first, get to know the film, then see it in IMAX, because IMAX definitely enhances everything, but unless you've already got to know the film in 2D, you don't really notice it.

9. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    You've already seen TLJ? Where are you located?

10. Jamtia

Jamtia Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 5, 2016
    Watching Force Awakens now. I grew a little tired of it after a while when it first came out, after seeing it like 5 times. But watching it after a a year or so, it holds up pretty well. I get people complain about the similarities of A New Hope but I don't mind them really. The two that bug me the most is the bar and Starkiller Base, though that base was awesome.

11. woj101

woj101 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Feb 19, 2000
    UK. Midnight showing.

MotivateR5D4 likes this.
  12. Dak Oolron

Dak Oolron Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 24, 2014
    Yeah, blatant similarities to the OT, particularly ANH, were kinda annoying for me on the first couple viewings, but I can (mostly) look past those now and focus on the things that are new/fresh in TFA. I love the characters and dialogue in TFA, I just wish that some of the basic plot points had been more original. But there are some great things in it, too.

I just finished rewatching TFA last night, and you're right, that base (though obviously not possible IRL due to physics) looked really awesome in the movie. I loved the visual sequence after the heroes critically damaged the Thermal Oscillator- the explosion and implosion looked so darn awesome! :D In general, the effects (practical and CGI) were top-notch in TFA.

13. MYMUTHAZ

MYMUTHAZ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 17, 2001
  14. Luke'sSeveredHand

Luke'sSeveredHand Jedi Master star 4

Jul 21, 2014
    Watched TFA last night so I'll be "fresh" coming in to the TLJ tonight. The more I've watched it, the more parts have kind of gone "meh" on me -- just moments here or there that I don't care for (for example, the in the scene where Hux and Snoke are discussing using the weapon for the first time, Hux says something along the lines of "we must strike the government that supports the resistence, the Republic." I understand that last bit of exposition was put on there for the audience, but every time I watch it I fight the urge to yell "I THINK SNOKE KNOWS WHAT GOVERNMENT SUPPORTS THE RESISTANCE." It's just awkwardly worded...seems like sentence from a high school history paper...but I digress.)

Still love the movie over all though, and is probably my fourth favorite behind the entirety of the O.T. If I leave the theater tonight with half as big of a smile as I did leaving after TFA, I will view the movie as a resounding success.

Dak Oolron and MotivateR5D4 like this.
  15. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    It's The Last Jedi Day!!!

7 hours until lining up. 10 Hours until the movie.

Luke'sSeveredHand likes this.
  16. Jamtia

Apr 5, 2016
    Yeah dude is no Tarkin, especially with the dialogue, but his vocal range is pretty good.

Dak Oolron and Luke'sSeveredHand like this.
  17. ChewieWe'reHome

ChewieWe'reHome Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 25, 2015
    I remember seeing the Thursday night showing of TFA & having to wait 3 hours in line. I didn't think much of it then but I remember lots of people here being flabbergasted that some theaters didn't have reserved seating.

Two years later, & I'm seeing TLJ at the same location. NOW with reserved seating. & let me just say that having now seen a handful of movies this way, I had no idea what I was missing. It's insane how convenient it is. You really don't understand it until you've experienced it.

TheYodaPagoda likes this.
  18. TheYodaPagoda

TheYodaPagoda Force Ghost star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    Sort of the same experience here, we didn't realize the theatre would open up way in advance, and ended up sitting on the floor...not the ideal we expected, but The Force Awakens was fantastic! Rogue One on the other hand, I had purchased tickets for two nights, and not only is the theatre closer to my house, but it has reserved seating with plush loungers! Needless to say, we're seeing The Last Jedi there tonight!

Speaking of which, I guess this is when I say "see you on the other side" and join the actual line. Enjoy, everyone!

19. Jamtia

Apr 5, 2016

Same with my location. What a difference. While it was a cool journey to get there are early, get the seats you wanted, this is totally better.

20. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Really liked TLJ!!

21. TheYodaPagoda

Apr 23, 2002
    How early can we start the whole 'Get in Line for Episode IX' thing? (I just realized it rhymed.)

PS - I find it really hard to discuss TLJ in the Released Films forum. I don't really post outside of this forum, and it seems people are very *ahem* vocal in their opinions over there.

CosmicDust likes this.
  22. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Big Bad Yoda Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Mar 8, 2000
    Right? Apparently I was both wrong and am a bad person for enjoying the movie? And anything you didn't like is now a plothole? I've headed over there a few times, but there are some people who really need you to not like the movie and are still chasing that tail a month later. I'll stay here where it's warm.

But in case you were wondering, 701 days until Episode IX!

23. TheYodaPagoda

Apr 23, 2002
    700 days! I realized (quite suddenly) that I hadn't downloaded the Star Wars app to my new phone...well, now I have that tried-and-true countdown at my fingertips!
    I am SO GLAD that I remained spoiler free. I had no idea what was going to happen anywhere in the film, and while it wasn't perfect, I've seen it four times! I'm happy to be in line for Episode Nine.

24. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Being spoiler free in a Star Wars movie is a great choice. It’s also best to go into a movie with the most open your mind can be.

25. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Thread title updated.