main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Andy Serkis (Snoke) In Episode IX

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Tobi, Dec 14, 2017.

?

Will Snoke return in Episode IX?

1. Yes - I think he's Darth Plagueis and can therefore cheat death (Even being cut in half)

14.9%
  2. Yes - perhaps a clone, or Force Ghost, or by some other means, like in a flashback

15.4%
  3. No - his story is done

69.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tobi

Tobi Jedi Master star 1

Nov 2, 2012
    Do you think we could see Snoke in Episode IX. Surviving in some way or becoming a darkside ghost or something?

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. Biel Ductavis

Biel Ductavis Jedi Master star 4

Aug 17, 2015
    His name is Snoke, so maybe he regenerates his body like a Snake. It's not the first time people tried to kill him, if one looks at his scars...

3. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    Perhaps snoke infected Kylo's mind just as Kylo looked like he was turning to the light side. Kill Snoke and he became stronger. Perhaps the real enemy in IX is the dark side itself. Maybe Snoke planned this and wanted this to happen.

4. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    Hopefully, just like Han, we'll see Hux give him a funeral

5. dlbates

dlbates Jedi Master star 4

Nov 30, 2014
  6. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    Snoke is Snoke, a being that was created to get Ben Solo to turn to the Dark Side and lazy writing since then has left us with a pathetic Palpatine wannabe.

StoneRiver and Red23 like this.
  7. Ghost_of_QuiGonJinn

Ghost_of_QuiGonJinn Jedi Master

Feb 12, 2011
    DARTHSHAME, RKR and Darth Caliban like this.
  8. Biel Ductavis

Biel Ductavis Jedi Master star 4

Aug 17, 2015
    Only halfly joking. Maybe RJ and the producers got mad from always hearing new "Snoke is Plagueis" theories and came to the point where they finally concluded: "Let's kill of Snoke and bring in Plagueis in Episode IX"

KSennia, Darkslayer and rebelknight1 like this.
  9. TimeZone

TimeZone Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 29, 2015
    Complete waste of a character. Absolute crap.

DARTHSHAME likes this.
  10. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I am glad he is dead. I hope he remains dead and Kylo becomes the new bad for 9. No coming back as a ghost.

11. melkor834

melkor834 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 24, 2009
    Snoke is gone and thank goodness for that. He was nothing more than a Sidious knock off and Rian even poked fun at that having Snoke parrot Palpatine's dialogue from RotJ. Kylo is a far more interesting and dynamic character. He makes a far more entertaining villain.

12. RDeckard

RDeckard Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 28, 2015
    They put Snoke in there. They still haven't explained who the heck he is. I get it, people don't like him. I loved that son of a gun getting a lightsaber through his gut as much as anyone, but I'm very concerned this trilogy will develop a Marvel-Style villain problem.

rebelknight1 likes this.
  13. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Maybe he is Lor San Tekkas brother?

14. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    Snoke was only in the story to serve Kylo's narrative. Same as The Emperor in the original OT.

They've been building Kylo up as the big bad.

It's now pretty much confirmed that the Knights of Ren are Luke's ex surviving Jedi students.

Expect Kylo and the Knights of Ren to be the big bads of Episode IX along with Hux.

15. Mungo Baobab

Mungo Baobab Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2014
    Snoke won't be back. He's as dead as a door nail. I do hope that the story group have a good story to tell, though, in whatever form they choose to tell it.

rebelknight1 likes this.
  16. dorianro

dorianro Jedi Knight

Dec 18, 2015
    He could have been the last saving grace if they insisted on killing Luke Off. From interviews I hear with Serkis, Snoke was SUPPOSED to be more powerful than both Vader and Palpatine. Instead he was made to look weaker than Maul

17. Paro

Paro Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 11, 2017
    Hopefully Snoke is dead, and not to return. The story is alread mediocre the way it is. We already got the lamest twist we could get in episode VIII.
    If they bring him back as a new twist, than the story would definetly go from mediocre to just plain bad.

18. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    We just need to learn HOW Snoke corrupted Ben Solo into Kylo Ren... that story is still very important to understanding Kylo Ren and it hasn't been told yet. So he'll be mentioned, maybe be in a flashback, but that's it.

Darkslayer, DARTHSHAME and Tobi like this.
  19. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    As Ghost said, The problem with "snoke is just snoke" is that Snoke is the way Ben Solo fell to the dark side. Kylo never answered the question "why do you hate your parents so much?". Where Snoke came from and what he was is essential to the story of why Ben Solo turned evil. We've now become accustomed to explanations about these things because of the PT and there's really no turning back now. You can't go to another trilogy with a new big baddie and say "well two trilogies ago nobody cared".

20. cut-of-space

cut-of-space Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 29, 2017
    Let's be real... what they did with Snoke was a shallow move. He's dead and he's not coming back, ghost or otherwise. Sure, I was surprised by it in the moment. His death succeeded in being a super ~unexpected~ twist. But I fear that twist will come at an even greater cost to the overall arc of the Sequel Trilogy. They spent an entire film teasing us with Snoke as our mysterious big bad. On the flip side, Kylo Ren is transparent like glass, no mysteries left there at all. And Hux? Hah, don't make me laugh. Snoke was our pure cipher, a perfect template to work with. Why throw that away so soon? Where's the pay off? It just leaves such a hollow feeling... Like a cheap parlor trick.

Maybe the Knights of Ren could still be fantastic mysterious villains, but I doubt they could fill the huge vacuum left by Snoke. It's impossible. They will never reach the same level of hype. Anyways, we received zero answers or clues about Snoke, so now I assume that the Knights of Ren will be handled the same way. Why bother caring at all if they're just going to treat the main villains this way? Seriously. Why should I care?

Ultimately, The Last Jedi was punishment for getting excited and caring too much. All because we had the gall to expect actual answers to mysteries that were intentionally set up. Guess I won't be making that mistake again.

21. run_luke_run

run_luke_run Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 18, 2004
    What was done with Snoke is one of the most brilliant moves in the history of Star Wars.

Jedi Older Code likes this.
  22. ladygrey45

ladygrey45 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2015
    I think Snoke is dead, they could have made him interesting but I think him being killed wasn't that horrible of a decision now we get to see the first order under Kylos control.

23. Paro

Paro Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 11, 2017
    I believe these theories arising about Snoke being alive will be the new Plagueis theories.
    He's dead, they made it clear cutting him in half and showing his dead body multiple times. It makes no sense to bring him back in the last movie, appear for a few minutes, and die one more time in the final of the trilogy.
    I didn't like that they killed him, Snoke was my final (but small) hope that they weren't going for a completely flat and mediocre story, but now that he's gone, let the man rest.

rebelknight1 and cut-of-space like this.
  24. DaddlerTheDalek

DaddlerTheDalek Jedi Master star 4

Aug 31, 2014
    Snoke is dead.

Tobi and Mungo Baobab like this.
  25. miasma

miasma Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 29, 2013
    I don't want Snoke to come back, but I do want to hear some more about who/what he was, and how he seduced Ben. It doesn't need to be a long-winded exposition, but some dialogue in Episode 9 to flesh him out a bit would really help. Yeah, I'm sure there will be novels and comics that go into every detail of his life, but we should get SOMETHING in the films themselves. You can't introduce a supremely powerful, mysterious, influential character, and then just toss him aside and tell the audience, "Oh, just forget about him. It doesn't matter." (Well, you can, but you shouldn't.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.