main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Challenge 11th Annual Winter Holiday Fic-Gift Exchange (2017) - Over for another year. Index complete!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by mavjade , Nov 27, 2017.

1. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    I look forward to writing the request I got. Looks like it will be fun.

2. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    I got a really cool request... but now I need to do some "research" – as if I needed a pretext for that :D

3. Raissa Baiard

Raissa Baiard Chosen One star 4

Nov 22, 1999
    I’m all kinds of happy with my match, thank you! I was a little nervous, since I’ve never participated before, but I think I’m going to have some fun writing my request and be able to give my recipient something she’ll enjoy [face_love]

4. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    I'm satisfied. I have an idea, which is a good thing because my SW muse has been a bit MIA, so I was a bit worried I was going to have nothing. But I was kinda spoiled last year with a very specific request (I think it's almost easier when the recipient is very forthcoming with what they want out of the fic), so this year the anxieties are making me question what the muse is coming up with.

5. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    To the person who got mine: Always remember that a person with such a request NEEDS EVEN MORE HELP THAN YOU DO. 8-}

6. Kurisan

Kurisan Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    gg

Last edited: Nov 30, 2021
    Mira_Jade likes this.
  7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Kurisan -- *snags* !!!!!! [face_dancing] Like LOTR, there can never be too much Trek. [face_love] :) PM please. [face_batting]

Kurisan and Ewok Poet like this.
  8. Kurisan

Apr 26, 2016
    gg

9. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Oh, it's fantastic to see the continued NSWFF interest! I can't wait to see what you both come up with. :D [face_dancing] Both of my NSWFF gifts look like they'll involve chapters and everything - my muse likes words, apparently, so I didn't sign up for a SW exchange to preserve my sanity. 8-}:oops: But it sounds like there are some awesome stories in progress - it's going to make for fun reading for everyone. [face_love]

10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
  11. Kurisan

Apr 26, 2016
    gg

12. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
  13. Kurisan

Apr 26, 2016
    gg

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
  14. Nehru_Amidala

Oct 3, 2016
    I really can't wait to see who wrote my request.

15. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Neither can I although [face_laugh] :* :* I have a strong idea based on the characters I asked for. :cool: :)

Nehru_Amidala likes this.
  16. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    I have an idea on who could be writing both of these two and mine. And the idea that the person I'm writing for is also writing for somebody else makes me super-excited. Darn, I have an idea of who's on the receiving end there, too.

Came up with these two "trains"...hmmm. [face_devil]

I was making bets with myself during the awards and I got almost everything right (including not winning in 14 out of 16 categories, but guessing those where I DID win - yeah, even I can be realistic :p), so I am probably right here as well. [face_whistling]

17. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Don't get too excited about who is writing what. I try and pay attention to what people like to write, but it often doesn't work out that way. I just don't want anyone to be disappointed if it doesn't turn out how you think.

Ewok Poet likes this.
  18. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    Nah, I just (think that I) broke your code. I'm Ghent's secret GF, or something. :p

Nehru_Amidala and mavjade like this.
  19. Nehru_Amidala

Oct 3, 2016
    Dying to see the end result anyways.

20. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Alrighty, I got the ball rolling on Anedon's fic-gift! :D [face_dancing]

Here we are with part I of "Each Knowing of Hunger", a Celebrimbor centric story set in Tolkien's sandbox. I can't tell you how much fun I am having writing this. [face_love][:D]

21. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    :) [face_sigh] Even the title rocks!! =D=

Ewok Poet and Mira_Jade like this.
  22. Nehru_Amidala

Oct 3, 2016
    Epic!

23. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    The index has been updated on the first page.

24. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    My SW fic-gift for brodiew is up here: Even Masters Must Learn.

And, I've actually done 2 NSWFF fic-gifts from mav's West Wing request (don't get to get too jealous, one's A COMPLETE CRACKFIC) and I'm not going to get them both edited and posted by Christmas, so I'm trying to figure out what one I should post first: the crack-fic or the more holiday-ish one.

25. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Sorry to double post (but it has been a few days!). @mavjade 's The West Wing fic gift (or rather part 1 of fic-gift 1) is up here: What Makes Us Family

Note: normally I do try to make NSWFF replies to "challenges" readable for people unfamiliar with the fandom, but it was kinda hard for this one since it was a fic gift, it was already getting long, and a LOT of backstory would need to be established for people unfamiliar with TWW or Mav's and my "fic-universe".

mavjade and Ewok Poet like this.