main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Is it just me or do the prequels seem to be "cool" again by people? (see warnings on pgs. 9-12)

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by CrAsHcHaOs, Jun 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jango723

Jango723 Jedi Master star 1

Jul 16, 2011

Actually, I always kind of felt like Hayden was trying but not quite succeeding at matching JEJ's vocal patterns, which is where a lot of the "stiffness" came from. A lot of his physical acting was obviously influenced by David Prowse as well.

crapiola likes this.
  2. The_Phantom_Calamari

The_Phantom_Calamari Force Ghost star 5

Nov 10, 2011
    I once heard him say he was trying to provide a bridge between the mannerisms and speech patterns of Jake Lloyd and those of James Earl Jones. At the same time, he had to play the adult Anakin as his own character, with a quality reminiscent of James Dean. That would be a difficult job for anybody.

3. Gunray-ban

Gunray-ban Jedi Youngling

Dec 7, 2017
    Yeah I always just headcanoned that as being like, well, 20 years later, R2 ain't as young as he used to be. :D

TLR115 likes this.
  4. beedubaya

beedubaya Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 15, 2014
    I am finding that attitudes regarding the prequels are shifting because people realize that despite their flaws, they had an original storyline as opposed to TFA which was pretty much fan service, ripping off A New Hope. I find TLJ to be a little more balanced between the two but I am going to need to see it another time or two before deciding what I really think of it.

5. WhiteKnight

WhiteKnight Jedi Grand Master star 1

Dec 31, 2002
    Here's what I have to say:

[​IMG]

6. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    After all the crap he got over the years just because he chose to materialize his unique and original vision by telling his story as he saw fit (as opposed to what people thought it should be), I'm enjoying the fact that Lucas gave those people the biggest poetic justice only he could provide: his absence.

I'm loving it. It's a pity that these same people didn't notice it back in 2015 already.

7. WhiteKnight

Dec 31, 2002
    I disagree. I think as times goes by, it will rank either next to last or dead last by the majority of fans. Right now I have it just behind Phantom Menace.

crapiola likes this.
  8. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    Well...certainly not by some folks. Today I was told I was "making excuses for the prequels" on another board. :rolleyes:

I don't care. I've always been fond of the PT, and now, moreso. My love of Star Wars stops at pre-Disney, and outside of any Kenobi-based media released going forward, that's fine by me.

9. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Just a reminder, guys. This isn't an ST/Disney discussion thread. Any discussion of the new films either goes in the Social Thread on this board, or on many of our dedicated forums for it.

Thanks.

10. WhiteKnight

Dec 31, 2002
    Self delete

heels1785 likes this.
  11. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    Gamiel, crapiola and WhiteKnight like this.
  12. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012

My bad. [face_blush] Will not do that again.

heels1785 likes this.
  13. crapiola

crapiola Jedi Knight

Apr 7, 2016

To me it was always obvious that R2 was constantly modified by Anakin. Luke was a tinkerer, but not in Anakin's level. Anakin put together 3PO, for crying out loud. The movies always took pains to show us that Anakin was very capable technically (ironic, considering what he becomes). R2 flew because Anakin gave him the ability or maintained an ability he already had. 20 years later, with no one spending that much time and effort on an astrodroid, flying was no longer possible.

Maybe R2 stuck by Luke hoping he'd do for him what Luke's daddy did.

Tonyg likes this.
  14. rpeugh

rpeugh Force Ghost star 4

Apr 10, 2002
    The sequel trilogy continues to be the best thing that ever happened to the prequels' reputation. That seems to have increased exponentially with The Last Jedi. They have been getting more respect the past week in these TLJ youtube reviews, both by reviewers and commenters.

15. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
  16. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    It has to do with three factors
    1.) The memes
    2.) People cool down after 12 years
    3.) The people who were young when TPM came out are really starting to get on the internet

Emperor Ferus and Earth Jedi like this.
  17. Spectre123

Spectre123 Jedi Padawan

Oct 23, 2015
    Yes, I've been noticing that as well. And I think that's partly because people didn't understand what they had until they lost it (me included). The prequels were many things, but they tried to do something new, they tried to tell a different Star Wars story (while still feeling like a Star Wars) story. They had their charm, that's partly why you see so many prequel memes these days. The new movies are just a souless corporate cash grab with absolutely nothing going on for it and I think that, as another person in this thread, elevates George Lucas and the prequels once again.

crapiola likes this.
  18. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    [face_laugh]

19. CaptainSuchandSuch

CaptainSuchandSuch Jedi Master star 2

Dec 8, 2015

"Everything that has transpired has done so according to my design."

[​IMG]

crapiola likes this.
  20. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
    I think its always important to remember who sold Star Wars to Disney when talking about GL vs. Disney Star Wars.

21. -NaTaLie-

-NaTaLie- Force Ghost star 4

Nov 5, 2001

They promised to keep his story and him as a consultant.

Dagobah_Dude and crapiola like this.
  22. Qui-Riv-Brid

Qui-Riv-Brid Force Ghost star 5

Apr 18, 2013
    In a way I suppose but highly doubtful they will ever love the prequels like many of us do or even ever really like them.

Their loss of course.

I like TLJ very much. It's very much a prequels-eque movie in many ways albeit without anywhere near as much boldness but then I never expected that.

Emperor Ferus likes this.
  23. lookameatbag

lookameatbag Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2014
    I find it hypocritical how some people find Anakin whinny but yet when Luke behaves in a similar matter in Episodes IV and V, they're okay with it.

wobbits likes this.
  24. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017

No, they didn't.

At best, he was a 'Creative Consultant', a job which he actually fulfilled since we know some of his ideas were brought on for the Sequel Trilogy. But Disney was under no obligation to do anything involving Lucas, and he jumped off when their ideas diverged. Not to mention how he was planning on retiring anyways.

25. The_Phantom_Calamari

The_Phantom_Calamari Force Ghost star 5

Nov 10, 2011
    Deleted due to Mod edict.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.