main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The Madness Has Begun!: NCAA Basketball Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by Dal--Intrepid, Nov 17, 2006.

1. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    Lol at Arizona, #2 to unranked.

Ha ninja's by heels.

heels1785 likes this.
  2. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
  3. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    Double dose of bad news for Badgers vs Ohio State. Not only did Ohio State beat them for the football conference title, but they also beat them last night in basketball. For some reason, the Big 10's basketball conference schedule is beginning very early.

4. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Looks like the rarest of rare, a down year for Wisconsin hoops.

Maybe just a rough start. B1G has enough weak teams for them to recover. Problem is, I would have put OSU in that group of "weak teams" prior to yesterday.

5. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
  6. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    I suffered through the the horribleness of the Tennessee coaching search, the ongoing humilation of the Chiefs collapse, Justice League's anemic box office and some dishonourable JCers' subsequent gloating, Battlefront II's anemic everything, the Yankees replacing Joe Girardi with Aaron Boone..

and today I got Giancarlo Stanton and a Duke loss.

Praise be, praise be. What a day. ^:)^

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

7. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    LOL, Grayson Allen tripping someone again?

heels1785 likes this.
  8. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    I think those are photos from a prior incident.

heels1785 likes this.
  9. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Every decent photo I could find from a search of "duke crying"

10. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Every time Duke loses, my first thought is "@heels1785 gets to post the crying kid picture"

And I'm never disappointed

PCCViking and heels1785 like this.
  11. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    If Grayson Allen tries pulling those stunts in the NBA, his opponents will send him tripping, and I would donate money to help pay for their fine if I could.

The Gators end their three game skid with a win over Cincinnati. Losing to Duke (no big deal), getting blasted by FSU (ugh), and then losing to a creampuff opponent (triple ugh).

12. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    equal parts heart attack and shocked atm

what just happened

I DONT KNOW WHAT TO FEEL

13. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I’m feeling “I’m glad I didn’t watch the game.” :p

heels1785 likes this.
  14. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    good: my phone is lighting up like the fourth of july from college friends i havent heard from in years

bad: i'm reading tweets from gloating/generally terrible (not you cubman) dook fans that make me want to put my head through the monitor

i think i'm excited, because its my t-dawgs, and wofford above all

but i'm pissed that my heels didn't show the **** up, and, well, i love my heels enough to be called them

anyways wofford is now 2-0 against the ACC this year, we beat gatech in spartanburg. also, the dean dome's capacity is 10x wofford's student body size. fun facts for your head.

i need to go to sleep, but that ain't happening

cubman you can paste all of the crying jordans in the world, but i'll probably be celebrating WOFFORD BEATING NORTH CAROLINA WHAT

15. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I saw one gloating post from a friend from elementary school who is an NC State fan.

16. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    state got dropped by northern iowa a few weeks ago and unc-greensboro this last weekend. tell them to properly **** off! :p

cubman987 and PCCViking like this.
  17. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    heels - ignore the Duke haters. They are going to gloat on any UNC setback.

Just enjoy the Wofford win. They will probably never have another like it.

18. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    I'll just focus on the positive for you and say WAY TO GO WOFFORD. For real though, that's awesome for the school and fan base.

My attention was on a MVC school playing Duke, I wanted and expected Duke to win but kind of wanted Evansville to put up a good show, at least for a bit, to make the Valley look better but, uh....no.

heels1785 likes this.
  19. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Ohio State taking down the number one team in the country in dominating fashion. Might the Buckeyes get back to the NCAAs? Hard to fathom that the program with all of its resources missed back-to-back tournaments, especially with the expanded 68-team field.

Also, I freaking love this ending of USC-Stanford. Just amazing:

20. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    Why does everyone storm the court now if they beat a ranked team? It's beginning to get a little out of hand (OSU just beat Oklahoma and of course, being at OSU, they stormed the court).

21. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    I just watched *THE* OSU at the Garden btw, snuck to the court and my god it was an awesome experience. Never been anywhere that close for a game let alone at MSG.

Team looks for real Inty, Tate has some great power at his size, is fast/aggressive as hell, and Kaleb looked like he had 15 pounds on anybody for 'Sota. Meanwhile KBP didn't even seem to go off and lead in points & boards. Could be some fun if they keep it up in a couple months.

22. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Pics or it didn't happen.

PCCViking likes this.