main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Solo Planets/Worlds of Solo

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by Mostly Handless, Oct 6, 2017.

1. Mostly Handless

Mostly Handless Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 11, 2017
  2. my kind of scum

my kind of scum Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2002
    If this list is true, what I find most interesting is that this will be the first film where all of the "new" planets have been in other media (books, cartoons...) previously. I mean, Corellia and Kessel were fairly essential to the story, but the rest.... I suppose that this is where it is good to have a story group who says "We have a planet already that could work for that." I just found that interesting, particularly considering the other planets in the Disney era of Star Wars were full of entirely director-created planets/locations.

DARTH_BELO and Mostly Handless like this.
  3. Gigoran Monk

Gigoran Monk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 2, 2016
    That's true except for Vandor, right?

4. my kind of scum

my kind of scum Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2002

In legends, Vandor-1 was a desolate planet in Coruscant's system... Not sure if it would be the same here.

5. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    Glad to finally see Corellia, after hearing so much about that planet over the years.

Kessel too seems like it could be quite exciting. I've read several books, but I don't really know much about the others. Anyone here able to say what kind of planets those are? (my kind of scum, you already covered Vandor...) ;)

6. A Corpse of Disapproval

A Corpse of Disapproval Severed Head Admin star 3 Staff Member Manager

Sep 16, 2015
    I am insistent that I need a gratuitous cameo of Threepio and Artoo on Kessel where Threepio comments as they witness other droid being smashed into who knows what.

If Threepio then looks directly at the audience and winks, I will understand completely.

7. DARTH_BELO

Nov 25, 2003
    Now THAT...............

is NOT shoehorned. (As the cameo in R1 was the pure and basic definition of such.) ;)

8. Lt. Hija

Lt. Hija Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2015
    Blast it, I had hoped for Commenor (ANH novelization) where Solo had traded his sense of chivalry for "a ten-carat chrysopaz and three bottles of good brandy" five years ahead of ANH. :(

9. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    No earth? So Indiana/Han meeting seems unlikey..

10. Mostly Handless

Mostly Handless Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 11, 2017
    ^^^Unfortunately not, part of me is secretly a little disappointed too.

[​IMG][​IMG]

11. BadAcrobat

BadAcrobat Jedi Master star 4

Apr 20, 2015
    Q. What is one of the biggest complaints from TLJ (not from me I might add - I love it!)??

A. Canto Bight.

And the dice (which are the lucky dice Han won the Falcon with in his game of (sabacc?) with Lando. Interesting relevant side/subplot with a lot of meaning?

Here is my theory. Canto Bight plays a big part in Solo. Hence it was introduced in TLJ.

12. Jair Crawford

Jair Crawford Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 3, 2012
    I would like to see Kashyyyk featured at one point, given I'm a huge fan of ROTS and KOTOR, and that it would make sense playing a part in some back story between Han and Chewie, but I don't know if they'd do that.

Trikuza23 and Wildcatbarry like this.
  13. Jamtia

Jamtia Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 5, 2016

Also we have the Millennium Falcon cameo in ROTS, Falcon maybe long gone in the time period this movie takes place though.

14. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    We could always see more like Kashyyk in Solo Returns. Or heck, maybe even Lando: A Star Wars Story.

15. DaddlerTheDalek

DaddlerTheDalek Jedi Master star 4

Aug 31, 2014
    I can't wait to see Corellia in a Star Wars movie.

16. DARTH_BELO

Nov 25, 2003
    I must say if these planet names are true, I like the names. I know it's nitpicky, but I haven't really liked many of the new planet names we've been introduced to so far, the likes of Ahch-To, D'Qar, the Ring of Kafrene, Scarif, etc. Don't really appeal to me. No specific reason I guess-I just prefer how names like Canto Bight, Jedha, and now ones like Corellia, Savareen and Vandor just kind of roll off the toungue.

I clearly need something more important to focus on.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2018
    Mostly Handless likes this.
  17. Jedi Daniel

Jedi Daniel Chosen One star 5

Apr 7, 2000
    Always wanted to see Corellia on the big screen. It'll be featured since this is a Han Solo movie. Would love to see Kessel and Kashyyyk again too.

Ren Kylo and Mostly Handless like this.
  18. Wildcatbarry

Wildcatbarry Jedi Master star 4

Jan 23, 2015
    If memory serves me correct via Legends\Old EU, isn't Corellia a Mega-metropolis planet but not quite on the scale of Coruscant?

19. DannyD

DannyD Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2017
    Looks like Mimban too.

20. Phasmatic

Phasmatic Jedi Knight

Sep 10, 2015
    Its been said but Mimban is pretty much confirmed.

21. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    Any guesses for which planets were which in the teaser...?

22. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    Spaceport scene - no idea.
    Speeder chase/race - Corellia, all but confirmed.
    Train - Guess Kessel, it seemed to be hauling freight (ore?).
    Misty planet - Kessel or Mimban.
    Exotic Club - no idea.

I'm wondering whether the 5/6 year gap is the time that Han spent imprisoned on Kessel?

EDIT: In the shot where Han is looking up at the Falcon he appears to be wearing his fur coat so I'm guessing it's not mist but dust and he's on Kessel. The still photo of Qi'ra exiting the Falcon could well be Mimban, proper mist and 'green' ground.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2018
    Avnar likes this.
  23. DannyD

DannyD Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2017
    C-3PO's line about "smashed into whi-knows-what" on Kessel might have some resonance. (Probably for the bad guy...)

24. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    I think it was 'smashed into...' or 'sent to the Spice Mines of Kessel'. But whatever, the prison mines of Kessel seem to be a pretty grim place. I'm guessing that's where the (non-combative) droids are made to fight each other for entertainment/gambling.

25. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    I don't think Kashyyyk appears- Chewie is probably as a slave on Kessel. Kashyyyk is most likely brutally subjugated and out of limits. Sure it is possibility. I wonder if new canon has confirmed that Chewie has family on Kashyyyk.

I hope that Corellia has diverse climate zones, at least if seen from the space. It seems there is at least mountains(if that train is on Corellia) and urban environment of course. In EU-appearances trams or trains on Corellia are very common so I would imagine it is Corellian mountains. Also Corellian mountains were seen in TFU and in many other EU- sources.

Kessel was obvious, but I don't think 3PO and R2 ever were there- they just have heard of those infamous mines.

No clips from Mimban I think (unless maybe that Star Destroyer in the storm... not sure where that was.

Vandor? Sure it's not Vanqor? There are those infamous gundarks at least... Sure there may also be world named Vandor no problem.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2018
    whostheBossk and wobbits like this.