main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Mini Series The Inquisitors (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by nld3, Oct 13, 2013.

1. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    The origin story of the Inquisitors is currently be deal with in a comic book series.

Ithorians and kalzeth like this.
  2. episodenone

episodenone Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 13, 2001
    158 pages.... was it ever discussed as to how the Inquisitors got their Red Blades in light of the new canon of needing to kill a Jedi and bleed the crystal?

kalzeth likes this.
  3. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Given that they're fallen Jedi - I would guess that it's possible that the "crystal bleeding" can be done by a darksider in possession of a saber, without having to kill a Jedi first.

Maybe, for example, Dooku's saber was his own Jedi saber originally.

4. Zer0

Zer0 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    Exactly, I don't think every single dark side users needs to kill a Jedi for their crystal.

Erkan12 likes this.
  5. Shadowcatcher

Shadowcatcher Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 30, 2017
    Agreed, my impression was that it's a ritual for newly annointed Sith Lords. As Palpy says in the comic, the Inquisitors are not Sith.

It makes me wonder about Maul's double-bladed lightsaber. If I understand it right, Sideous had genuinely intended to keep him as his apprentice, where Dooku was a proton torpedo to be used and expended.

6. Darth Kickass

Darth Kickass Jedi Master star 3

Aug 3, 2013
    It could be argued the fallen did "kill" a Jedi to gain a crystal. Vader says more than once he destroyed Anakin Skywalker.

7. episodenone

episodenone Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 13, 2001

...from a certain point of view...

I guess I like best the idea that only Sith Lords needed to go the bleeding a crystal route --- Palpatine and Vader killed plenty of Jedi and had all the sabers from the Temple to corrupt. Could be that easy. I can live with that.

8. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    That is correct in the New canon Palpatine was originally planning on ruling with Maul as his right hand.

9. Erkan12

Erkan12 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    When Maul killed his first Jedi (Eldra Kaitis) he was using his red-lightsaber. It would mean that RoT Sith Lords ; Bane and Plagueis, weren't using red-lightsabers, which wouldn't make any sense considering the Sidious's knowledge about the red-lightsaber.

kalzeth likes this.
  10. Shadowcatcher

Shadowcatcher Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 30, 2017
    True, that. I wouldn't put it past Palpatine to simply BS Vader in order to make him prove his complete commitment to himself and the Sith.

11. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Maul's lightsaber staff was two separate lightsabers that he fused together but could still be used used separately(detached) if needed. Remember that both Sidious and Maul used two lightsabers, both were skilled and deadly proficient in the use of two lightsabers . So that right there is two kybers a piece for them.

These Inquisitors may simply be converted Jedi Temple Guardian which explains their use of these tricked out double-bladed lightsabers, explains all the temple guard illusions attacking them on Lothal and explains their crystals. But the GI's very Sith-like fall to the Dark Side(from what I can tell Darth Sidious was directly involved with him too), and the apparent absence of the Temple Guardians in ROTS makes me wonder of just how competent or rather how tragic a fall and perhaps outright betrayal Master Cin Drallig had sustained. All we know that by the time of the time of his Order 66 final moments all he had alongside him were two padawans Whie Malreaux and Bene. The other problem with Drallig was that he taught just about probably most of current Jedi generation or two of Jedi, so they all knew his style as they all knew it by heart and even practicing it themselves.

12. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    Seems to me that converting the Temple Guards (making them Inquisitors) was a part of Sidious's plans for Order 66. While the Clonetroopers and Vader could have overwhelmed them eventually, it would have been a more difficult fight, and therefore allowed the other Jedi Knights/Masters in the temple to better prepare their defenses and/or help the younglings to escape.

13. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    [​IMG]

I forgot that Vader killed the Grand Inquisitor's boss in ROTS. I'd welcome a Marvel one-shot explaining their conversion. [:D]

14. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    ^ Huh, haven't thought about that yet. Interesting.

This has probably been discussed before, but I do feel it was the one missed opportunity of Season 2 not to have the Seventh Sister turn out to be Barriss Offee- IMO it would have added another layer to her role in the bigger picture, as well as her duels with Ahsoka. Her storyline ending with her arrest in Season 5 doesn't feel finished.

PCCViking likes this.
  15. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Filoni said he had plans for her so I guess we’ll see

16. revan772

revan772 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 5, 2014
    Barris is my least favorite transition from Legends to canon. I loved her so much in Medstar, so not sure if I personally want her back or if she would be better left with an ambiguous fate.

17. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    I think it was said somewhere that Barriss was supposed to off herself or be executed, which I think would have been a fitting end for her because it would give her character a definitive ending and it would have affected Ahsoka and also Luminara in a huge way, as well as continue to paint the show's tone darker as Order 66 neared.
    Barriss would have never been considered Inquisitor material for Sidious. She became too much of a radical thinker to be a pawn. She betrayed the Jedi, so why wouldn't she betray the Sith?

kalzeth likes this.
  18. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    I actually thought she was personally responsible for Luminara's capture and execution?

kalzeth likes this.
  19. Ithorians

Ithorians Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    I had the feeling that, if she was ever going to be used again, her execution was going to be some kind of passing ritual for the Grand Inquisitor to prove his loyalty to Sidious and the dark side. Perhaps there is still some chance for her to show up (or being mentioned) in the Vader comic?

About that same comic, I´m really liking how the GI is being portrayed. It´s just great to see how resentful and arrogant he really is. And even if there is nothing confirming it, I quite like that theory about the other Inquisitors being Temple Guards as well. It would give the GI the task to corrupt the Guards from the inside in a long period of time; it would explain why there are so few Inquisitors (probably they killed the Temple Guards that didn´t want to turn, in that scenario) and would make sense indeed in the context of giving operation Knightfall an advantage. Still, it´s one option over many, but it seems to have great potential, if they chose to go that way...

20. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    Wait, wasn't Dooku also a radical thinker for Jedi Oder standards and willingly turned to the Dark Side? Surely a lot of torture and brainwashing applied to Barriss would make her turn and even have her facial tattoos to be altered. She already was incarcerated for some time by this point, after all.

Interesting, where did you hear this from?

Shadao and kalzeth like this.
  21. Vinylshadow

Vinylshadow Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2017
    I wonder if we'll get into the nitty-gritty details of the other Inquisitors' backstories or if they'll just be vague "Fallen Jedi" or "Random Force-Wielders picked up by the Empire"
    (Which was actually a very minor plot point in Rebels that got resolved in a Young Reader book, which I felt was a mistake)
    [​IMG]

kalzeth likes this.
  22. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    wow, that seems like a dark place to go for a young reader's book. Which book is it?

kalzeth likes this.
  23. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    Mostly assumptions.
    When they first showed Luminara's execution later claimed it was a holo recording even those are usually obvious to tell apart from the nasty Sith Alchemy that was originally presumed to be.
    Luminara's reactions would have made far more sense if Barris was responsible.
    Given GI's habits of studying his targets it was still stretching things that he could outmatch Luminara but using Barris to draw her out much like Vader did with Han to draw Luke out would also be possible.

So just assumptions I'm afraid!

Shadao and PCCViking like this.
  24. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    Can Barriss even appear in the second half of season 4? With only 7 episodes left to wrap up Ezra's story, that seems pretty unlikely to me.

Darth Dnej and kalzeth like this.
  25. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Interesting thing I noticed with Snoke's Praetorian Guards is that there is only 8 of them . They are also named 7th Guard, 3rd Guard ect. Perhaps something like this 5th Brother and so on Inquisitor naming system. Maybe just ease of identification or perhaps more a deliberate recall.

The Praetorians are armed and well trained to deal with Jedi or Dark Jedi threats but lack Force sensitivity and the lightsabers of the Inquisitors.

MrDarth0, kalzeth and PCCViking like this.