main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Mini Series The Inquisitors (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by nld3, Oct 13, 2013.

1. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    There was a theory I heard which said that they were the nights of Ren

2. Ithorians

Ithorians Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    It´s an interesting idea! however, I remember reading that the Knights of Ren were known as "the seven" (including Kylo of course). Now that we know the preatorians are 8, this theory is possibly not longer valid, but for all of them to have some kind of connection could have a lot of potential...

It´s curious, I got the feeling that it was hinted in Ep. VIII that the students that joined Kylo Ren and betrayed Luke would be the Knights, but I was sure reading (I think it was from JJ Abrams) that the Knights of Ren was an older organization that Kylo only joined, not founded. There is still a lot of material to be worked around them, and even if I get the feeling that it´s looking a little harder now with what we are seeing in the Darth Vader comic, I still feel a connection with the Inquisitorius could make a great storyline!

kalzeth likes this.
  3. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    Even without lightsabers and the Force, they seem more effective than the Inquisitors. If it would be just Rey or just Ben going against them solo, they would have cut them down without much difficulty, perhaps loosing one or two of their numbers max. One of the highlights of the movie for me.

4. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    I think its more complicated, since there was 8 of them[Praetorians] attacking at once with a variety of different weapons and heavily armored. Also Kanan and Ahsoka were trained Jedi warriors fighting against trained dark Jedi, but even with Kanan(same goes for Ezra) he spent most of the second season running away from or getting beaten by the Inquisitors despite coming off with an apparent fluke win against the GI at the end of season one. Ahsoka and Kanan initially wanted to flee from the Inquisitors rather than battle them and we see that even Ahsoka with Kanan seemed unable to defeat the Inquisitors on Malachor- and that was also despite her previously defeating two of them with minimal effort. Maul broke the stalemate that Ahsoka and Kanan were constantly stuck in and even on the losing end.

Well if Snoke had 10 Praetorian Guards instead of 8 of them they would've won the battle in that engagement me thinks. Remember also that they wore armor that provided protection against lightsaber blows at angles such as glancing but not thrusts while the Inquisitors did not . The Praetorians wear specialized armor to make up for their Jedi arts deficiencies, but even the armor appears to not cover certain parts of their legs where they are exposed. The idea apparently is that it is very heavy. Also one has to take into account that neither Rey nor Kylo were trained like the Jedi or Sith of the PT, that is probably why they lasted as long as they did. Rey however emerged once again the superior combatant than Kylo even there against them. So I am curious as to just what kinda training Kylo receivedlol. The Praetorians appear skilled in martial arts and in the Star Wars universe they are masters of Teras Kasi and Enchani arts.

5. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    There was mention of their armour being electrified to resist Lightsabers but it actually hurts them.

Perhaps Finn was intended as a potential recruit?

6. Ithorians

Apr 26, 2016
    I completely agree. The Praetorian Guards looked as very powerful foes and made a fantastic fighting scene in TLJ, but I don´t feel they would stand a chance against an Inquisitor one on one (or even two on one for that matter). Still, the Praetorians were exceptional warriors considering they weren´t expected to face Force users. I wonder if they will get referenced in some other media...

All in all, I´m really hoping we focus more into the Inquisitorius in the next issues of the Vader comic; for me the best moments in this story arc with Jocasta were the ones that developed the GI, or Vader´s training of the Inquisitors!

kalzeth likes this.
  7. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    They are the best of the best storm troopers so I don’t think so

8. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Yes Hopeless. From Pablo's TLJ Visual Dictionary..

Armored Guardians

The layered armor of the Praetorian Guard is a high-tech onion-skin of laminate, impregnated with conductive wirepaths that, once powered, create an intense local magnetic field. Once this energy intensive field activates, the powered plates can deflect blaster fire. Even a lightsaber will glance off, though a directed thrust will penetrate the shell. The mag-coils are costly, the plates heavy, and mag-field exposure is ultimately painful to the wearer, but such are the sacrifices of protecting the Supreme Leader. The Praetorians endure this out of unswerving loyalty and duty.

9. MrDarth0

Oct 3, 2015
    So Pablo essentially gave as many reasons as possible to explain why we don't see this type of armour in the GFFA more often :)

bluealien1 likes this.
  10. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
  11. Ithorians

Apr 26, 2016
    I was recently reading the Dark Times, with Dass Jennir and Darth Vader hunting him down, and was thinking on how many times the whole Jedi renegade hunted by a darksider was used in Legends, with so many parallels. It´s probably one of the main reasons for the wealth of Inquisitors we got in Legends, because for any of those Jedi on the run/turned smuggler, doubting their teachings and their place in the galaxy, there was a dark side agent hunting them down and/or just plainly being their antagonist.

Kyle Katarn - Jerec; Corvin Shelvay - Tremayne; Ferus Olin - Malorum; Jax Pavan - Probus Tesla; Drake Lo´gaan - Tremayne; even Roan Shryne with Darth Vader himself, all had more or less the same pattern in their stories (Katarn´s is the most interesting, I think, because he didn´t start as a Jedi at all) that we got eventually from Kanan and the Grand Inquisitor.

I notice this, because as the GI background and personality is more and more explored in Vader´s comic, the more he seems to me like an almost direct version of Jerec. Sure, he is not blind, and knows far less about the Sith in general, but his hunger for dark side knowlegde, power, resentment towards Vader and the Jedi, and ability to command other dark siders and organize them makes him closer and closer to the dark Jedi.

Do you still find an interesting possibility to see some Legend Inquisitors back into canon, or you would like more to see their characteristics imprinted into the new ones, who still haven´t got all that much of character development, for that matter?

MrDarth0 and kalzeth like this.
  12. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    I don't know, many of these Jedi are already rebelling against the Order where Anakin is no longer the exception. So far it seems to have started with Dooku. Primarily because everything is so screwed up, from the politics of the Jedi Council down to the Sith Shrine corrupting all the Jedi from out've the Coruscant Temple to Palpatine's meddling and to the war itself.

Prosset Dibs also sounds like a good candidate for a Jerec-like Dark Jedi. We seen quite a few turn against the Jedi already for often similar reasons.

kalzeth likes this.
  13. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    I just rewatched the "Children of the Force" episode where I believe it's the first time you hear Palpatine talking about his plans of creating a new breed of force sensitive soldiers that I'd imagine would be the genesis of the Inquisitors. He was going to use the Jedi Holocron when Bane stole it from the Jedi temple; but Anakin and Ahsoka got it back eventually. I guess after Order 66 and the purge, Palpatine had full access to the library and walked into it to get a holocron on his own.

14. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Palpatine would need a Jedi to open Jedi holocrons otherwise they're apparently useless. Remember Bane had to torture a Jedi during that arc.

15. kalzeth

kalzeth Jedi Master star 3

Aug 26, 2017
    I would love to see legends inquisitors brought back. Just not sure any outside of jerec were popular to make the cut.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ithorians likes this.
  16. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    I think Sidious and Vader had a way to open Jedi holocrons unilaterally otherwise they wouldn't go around ransacking Jedi Temples like the one on Lothal. Ezra could open the Sith Holocron yet he wasn't a Sith. He wasn't a Jedi but he still opened Kanan's Jedi holocron in the first episode.
    The key to either seems to be focusing on the force, but in a different way. Sith holocrons will open if you think like a sith. Selfishly and passionately. Jedi holocrons will open if you think like a jedi. Passively and peacefully. The new canon makes it clear that anyone is capable of either, but only if they allow themselves to be (Maul, for example, did not). Palpatine is aligned to the sith but he might begrudgingly utilize the light side if it means he can gain access to more knowledge of the force.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2018
  17. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    Great episode, great arc.

Curious, was it established that Sidious could utilize a Jedi holocron? Cad Bane (and Sidious by extension?) needed a Jedi to unlock one. Maul was unable to open one. Similarly, Kanan claimed Ezra shouldn't have been able to access the Sith holocron. I wonder if the Inquisitors, bcs they were not Sith, were able to access Jedi holocrons. Idk how all this holocron tech works (or doesn't).

18. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Jedi holocrons so far do not appear like Sith holocrons so they may not be as important to a Sith Lord. We also see that Sidious hoards Jedi and Sith treasures & relics without ever apparently needing or using them and just locked them away in various vaults found in his personal yachts and observatories scattered around. He also hoarded Jedi ligthtsabers to only destroy them .

It was established in the "Children of the Force" arc that Sidious needed a Jedi to open the Jedi holocron. I would say things are arbitrary since it also pretty clear seemingly untrained Force users like Ezra was somehow pretty easily able to open the Jedi holocron and later the Sith holocron with minimal effort. And if Sith can bend or bleed a kyber to their will, why can't they force open Jedi holocrons? I guess they don't respond to brute force. But then we have basically Kanan testing Ezra's Force sensitivity by using the Jedi holocron where Ezra opens it without much effort at all. If the Dark Side is easily more selected and full of emotions ect and apparently you need Jedi training to use the Light Side in any way above the primitive, then how come untrained hero initiates are always on default full Light Side?!

For guys like Darth Sidious & Darth Maul, it appears they needed a Jedi or someone close enough to open Jedi holocrons cause they have nothing but the full on Dark. So do Jedi Holocrons have some sort of built in security measure against the Dark?!

Seems they want to establish that using the Dark Side prevents you from opening a Jedi holocron and vice versa. Yet at other times it seems they want access to be more open to drive plot.

*I think even a relatively untrained Luke also easily opens a Jedi holocron to where it just comes off as a basic or instinctive ability which makes it more confusing.

The Grand Inquisitor thought himself close enough to a Sith after even someone as knowledgeable as Master Jocasta Nu at first believed he was a Sith:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 5, 2018
    kalzeth likes this.
  19. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Well the specific holocron that Bane stole from the library held the names of the force-sensitive children. I'm not sure if it was established what the others, including the Sith one that Ezra picked up on Malachor, was supposed to have.

20. MrDarth0

Oct 3, 2015
    Actually, in the current Darth Vader series,
    Jocasta Nu deletes the entire Jedi library to prevent it from falling into the hands of the Sith

cwustudent and Ahsoka's Tano like this.
  21. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I thought she was killed by Anakin during the purge. I'm confused by the canon material.

22. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    basically anything before 2013 that isn't the films or The Clone Wars is not canon, and everything after minus the Lego stuff is.

23. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    But that's my point. How would she be in the Vader comics if she died by Anakin's hands?

24. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Anakin killing Jocasta was from the ROTS game in 2005. So that's not canon anymore, leaving her fate up in the air until this new comic started.