main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit GENERAL QUESTION THREAD (What to read? Where to start? What's canon? What's not? Duros, etc.)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Master_Keralys, Jun 4, 2008.

1. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    0 BBY and 0 ABY are the same year, and are a "year zero"

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/0_BBY/Legends

(the Battle itself taking place partway through the year, presumably)

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  2. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    I always though that 1 and 1 were that. That's the issue....

3. DarthMalgus21

DarthMalgus21 Jedi Padawan

Mar 27, 2015
    Bump...See Previous Post

4. Ginkasa

Ginkasa Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jun 13, 2002
    You have to keep in mind that BBY and ABY are literally "Before Battle of Yavin" and "After Battle of Yavin". So, 1 BBY is 1 year prior to the Battle of Yavin and 2 years prior to 1 ABY which is 1 year after the Battle of Yavin.

Ewok Poet likes this.
  5. Ginkasa

Jun 13, 2002
    Would this be your first exposure to Legends/Old EU material? NJO does have a lot of non-film characters that were introduced in previous books and such. So long as you're open to not knowing who everyone is and keep a Wookieepedia tab open while reading you should be fine.

6. DarthMalgus21

Mar 27, 2015
    Hi Link--> Your response is greatly appreciated. So no, I'm not new to Legends/EU, but my reading in both Legends and Canon thus far, revolve around Prequel lore only...I tend to keep Wookiepedia always around when reading anything SW Legends or Canon for that matter, but here's my issue---> I'm a huge user of both Nook and Kindle as these books are easier/quicker access to my impatient brain. Of course, there's nothing like holding and dare I say smelling (LMAO!) an actual book. It's tough reading on one of the above mentioned devices and flipping between reading and the net ad nauseam, maybe thats just me ? LoL..I guess ultimately, I'm looking for a great Sequel jumping off point, besides the X-Wing series..Any and all thoughts/comments are welcome! :)

7. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    So, wait, in your world, there's no year 0? That's how I've been thinking up until recently, when I was told that I was wrong.

8. Ginkasa

Jun 13, 2002
    You've misunderstood me. Year 0 would be the year that the battle of Yavin takes place. If you reread my post, 1 BBY can't be two years prior to 1 ABY unless there is a year 0 in between.

9. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    No, I thought they were the same year.

Gah...I will be stuck with this and redox for the rest of my life. Two things I can't figure out, at all.

10. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    0 BBY and 0 ABY are the same year.

An easy way to think of this is to look at the dates in a different calendar.

In the Russan Reformation calendar, the Battle of Yavin happened in the year 1000.

999 RR - 1 BBY
    1000 RR - 0 BBY until Battle of Yavin, then 0 ABY
    1001 RR - 1 ABY

Ewok Poet likes this.
  11. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    This is MUCH easier. :) It will work, fo sho. Thank you! =D=

Daneira likes this.
  12. DarthMalgus21

Mar 27, 2015
    smh, love the responses...

the star trek boards get quicker, better and larger response amounts than these post(s), pitiful...oh well

13. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    You asked the day after Christmas, buddy. I've answered this question before, but I'm not inclined to answer you now after you dropped that little insult.

Link1130 likes this.
  14. DarthMalgus21

Mar 27, 2015
    That's fine, CT-867-5309 (Might you in fact be in the 860 or the 203, Sir ;) ) ? You're a routine, and unfortunately, selfish star wars fan, no worries.

It's much too much, of a repetitious question to warrant a response from you. Understood, Master Jedi lol

Just to prove a point CT--> Notice the responses received for Ewok Poet's question. Just making your 'Day After Christmas' comment null and void...

I'll stop while I'm ahead moderator's--> My apologizes.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2017
  15. DarthMalgus21

Mar 27, 2015
    So, I reverted back to my roots, well kind of...I picked up a digital copy of Joe Schreiber's Red Harvest... I realize asking about the NJO and then picking the Old Republic instead isn't the most Kosher route, but why not....I've read a small amount of reviews and heard a bit about this title and well, their all, at best, average to below average. Has anyone read this title in the last, say, 6 months to a year ? Did you hate it as well lol ? or did you enjoy it a bit ?

16. comradepitrovsky

comradepitrovsky Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2017
    If is . . . something. Not a good something.

17. DarthMalgus21

Mar 27, 2015
    Comrade! Good Day, Sir! Something kinda like this ----> [​IMG] ?? [face_devil]

18. Jedha John

Jedha John Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 19, 2017
    I listened to Red Harvest on audiobook a couple years ago and enjoyed it. However, compared to some of the other novels in that general part of the timeline, Red Harvest is IMHO definitely average or below average. For example, Deceived, which is right before Red Harvest on the timeline, is a far superior book. I really enjoyed Deceived.

Red Harvest was interesting to experience the blend of SW with horror. Some of the Sith apprentice interactions and training were cool. When Screaming Citadel came out, this novel popped into my head as one of the only other horror SW works (along with Death Troopers). Worth reading, but I thought it was certainly average.

DarthMalgus21 and Ewok Poet like this.
  19. comradepitrovsky

Jan 5, 2017
    It’s bad. It’s not even fun to hate read, it just makes you feel sad for the author and the franchise. No way around it.

20. King Maul

King Maul Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 20, 2016
    I have a question about Palpatines plans for changing reality. What exactly was he planing to do , recreate the galaxy and become it's new god?

21. DarthMalgus21

Mar 27, 2015
    And I already bought it, fml! LoL

22. StartCenterEnd

StartCenterEnd Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 2, 2006
    Why didn't empire or first order use x wings? Can't they produce x fighters which are apparently superior to TIE fighters.

23. comradepitrovsky

Jan 5, 2017
    Did anyone ever figure out which Pestage was the original, and which one was the clone?

24. JediBatman

JediBatman Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2015
    IIRC in Legends the INCOM corporation was going to be nationalized by the Empire (and presumably the Empire would start making its own X-wings) but INCOM was rebel leaning and allowed the Alliance to steal the prototypes.

Also in general the Empire prefers quantity over quality when it comes to star fighters.

25. bsmith7174

bsmith7174 Jedi Master star 3

Apr 17, 2015
    Is there a new phone app for the boards since the update?