main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Forum Upgrade 2017

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Grimby , Dec 23, 2017.

1. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    If you can't unlock your threads yourself, shoot @mavjade or @Briannakin a PM. They ought to be able to unlock them for you.

2. Baron_Papanerd

Baron_Papanerd Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    Thank You for the update. Though it will probably take me a while to get used to it. [face_hypnotized] :p

3. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    There is currently an issue with users being able to edit locked threads (something that users could do pre-update). I'm hoping it will be fixed but yes, we will unlock threads if PMed a link.

4. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    I had the thing again where it's just me and an empty page. This time it let me see the previous page. So I went back to the last page and posted and the res of the posts for that page showed up above it.

5. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    I have just noticed that a stretch of a fic that was making use of the highlight BBCode (eg. hl=something) has the code exposed, and cannot see where the BBCode advice link now is, to see what has changed.

6. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    @Grahame - got another spammer in the queue for deletion testing.

7. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    I've been trying to update the prefixes on various threads in fanfic resource; I select the prefix I want and I click "save changes" but when I try to filter by prefix it's still not working. Am I missing something? (If it's of any use, the prefixes I tried were "index" and "challenge" on the latest version of Firefox.)

8. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Last I heard on this was that Grimby was going to contact the developer about the prefix add-on. Grahame ran a rebuild job yesterday but that didn't work. Single prefixes work fine if the multi option is disabled.

Ewok Poet and Chyntuck like this.
  9. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    Everybody is just repeating the questions which were already asked. I am glad I don't work here - my own clients and site visitors are enough of a punishment for having never completed my BA.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

jcgoble3 likes this.
  10. Fjall

Fjall Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2014
    congrats to everyone involved.

Ewok Poet likes this.
  11. Chyntuck

Jul 11, 2014
    Just to clarify @LAJ_FETT does this mean that we can't update prefixes in fanfic for the time being since fanfic is using the multi option? (That's what it looks like after I also tried on one of my story threads; I just want to make sure I understand you right because I'm a bit slow on the uptake.)

12. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I'd just leave the prefixes be until we get a resolution on the issue.

Findswoman and Ewok Poet like this.
  13. Chyntuck

Jul 11, 2014
  14. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    Hey, @Grimby and @Grahame - since there has been a misunderstanding just now, and since @jcgoble3 and I keep on repeating the same things over and over again, I was wondering if there could be a list of current issues and the resolved ones, just so nobody would think that the nerds web devs are being "snappy". Thanks. :)

jcgoble3 likes this.
  15. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    Yes, please. I suggested that back on page 5, but haven't gotten a response to it yet. Here's my post again:

Ewok Poet likes this.
  16. DBPirate

DBPirate Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2015
    I'm not sure where to ask this...

Is there ever a chance more of the emojis from the Star Wars app will be added?

Master_Rebado likes this.
  17. jSarek

jSarek VIP star 4 VIP

Feb 18, 2005
    I'm not sure if it just got tucked away into a different place, or was part of a previously announced change and I just never noticed/heard about it, but our profiles used to have a public listing of previous usernames. That appears to no longer be the case.

18. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    The thing @Sith-I-5 noticed earlier, here's a demonstration - the quoted part of somebody else's post remains in the post box after I've already responded.

https://snag.gy/Q0wRiU.jpg

19. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    @Ewok Poet - on this occasion, your assumption that my "saved drafts" enquiry, which was answered BTW, related to your error, is incorrect.

20. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    Yes, mr. Protocol Droid aka "big words". :D ;):c3po:

21. Chyntuck

Jul 11, 2014
    I believe that this has been asked earlier but it hasn't been answered as far as I can tell: is the highlight feature disabled, or has it been replaced by something else? (the {hl=colour}blahblahblah{/hl} thingy)

Sith-I-5 likes this.
  22. Ralraddik

Ralraddik Jedi Padawan

Aug 16, 2015
    Job well done!!!

23. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I just want to take a moment and say: I LOVE this sleek new format!!

As a side note, for years I was having a problem before with quoting others posts and having them automatically show up copied on my post. That all works perfectly now.

Thanks for the effort!

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
  24. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    Found another odd error: I can't copy and paste links and other formatted text, which is handy for posts with heaps of BBCode and repeated content.

25. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    I found an error. When I post I get this error:
    The following error occurred:
    You must wait at least 30 seconds before performing this action
    This happens even when I haven`t posted for awhile.