main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Comics Doctor Aphra #14-19: Remastered (6/6 Released)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Jedha John, Oct 17, 2017.

1. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    Look who's there. :D
    [​IMG]
    STAR WARS: DOCTOR APHRA #18
    KIERON GILLEN & Simon Spurrier (W)
    Emilio Laiso (A)
    Cover by ASHLEY WITTER
    GALACTIC ICON VARIANT COVER BY ROD REIS
    “REMASTERED” CONTINUES!
    Doctor Aphra is being blackmailed by Triple-Zero to run missions for his underground crime syndicate — but that doesn’t mean she can’t cause trouble and have fun along the way! Sometimes that fun means infiltrating Rebellion training grounds…and sometimes that trouble means crossing paths with famed rebel Hera Syndulla herself!
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99
    Star Wars © Lucasfilm Ltd. & TM. All rights reserved. Used under authorization.
    Text and illustrations for Star Wars are © 2017 Lucasfilm Ltd.

2. Darth_Voider

Darth_Voider Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2015
    Oh my.....

Gesendet von meinem SM-J510FN mit Tapatalk

Vialco likes this.
  3. Jedha John

Jedha John Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 19, 2017
    OK...now issue #18 is officially something to look forward to.

4. revan772

revan772 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 5, 2014
    This series keeps getting better. It is my favourite portrayal of Vader in canon (the other two comic series and LotS were great but I LOVED him here) and with
    Hera appearing soon
    I am excited to see where this goes! I do hope 0-0-0 and BT die by the series end and Aphra is okay.

5. Jedha John

Jan 19, 2017
    Just read issue 15...

I think Tolvan stole the show. She is becoming quite the interesting character and I found myself looking forward to the parts in this book where Tolvan's storyline picked backed up. The dream sequence in the start of the book was great...love the Joystick Chevron references. The new twist of Tolvan becoming an Inspector at the bequest of Inspector Thanoth was very cool. The last page of the book where Tolvan learns that Thanoth was Adjutant to DV was great. It was also interesting to see Tolvan in the tank top to see the extent of her cybernetics.

Rexa's overhead projector was comical as was some of the dialogue about the tooka.

Out of Aphra's batch of new colleagues, Sister Six by far takes the cake for me. Really looking forward to learning more about that character.
    That "next issue" page at the end just reminded me of how GORGEOUS that issue 16 cover is. Tolphra in full effect next issue.

6. Darth Pipes

Darth Pipes Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 12, 1999
    Great issue. The 13th issue felt like such a final issue that I didn't know if they had any good stories left. Glad I was wrong.

7. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    I'm loving this series more and more. I officially now want Aphra to tempt Tolvan to her side. They should get together. I ship them.

8. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    Which issues does Vader fully feature in?

9. revan772

revan772 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 5, 2014

I do not know exactly but it was the later issues of when she was holding her auction, pretty recent. I was mostly referring to his comment about sensing an annoying presence and battling Rur. (Later half of issues 9-13, the third arc.)

10. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015
    Lol. Good issue. I wonder if that Tolvan scene with her dreaming about Aphra kissing her was put in there as kind of a joke because of all the shipping references we do with Aphra on here.

11. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    Time to head for the Wook and then Marvel previews. I've been wanting some more Vader comic action lately.

12. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
    I seriously recommend this series. Vader isn't in a ton of it, but I firmly believe it is the best Marvel series currently running.

13. Darth_Voider

Darth_Voider Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2015
    You know, I can totally see Heather saying to Gillen: "Hey, put that one kissing scene in the next comic so that we can mess with those nerds in the Luphra thread on JCF". :p

Gesendet von meinem SM-J510FN mit Tapatalk

14. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015
    Lol, I wouldn't be surprised at all if something like that happened. They gave us a little

[​IMG]

Christmas present.

Oh if only there was an app out there where you could type in a name and it would come back with a result of what it would look like if it got shipped with Aphra.

Darth_Voider likes this.
  15. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    I give you... Apphra.

16. HeatherAntos

HeatherAntos Marvel Comics Assistant Editor VIP

Apr 26, 2016
    You guys know me so well :p

17. Two Sexy girls in one comic i will buy it

18. AV-6R7

AV-6R7 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 9, 2014
    I enjoy the callbacks to R1 and the Bad Batch episodes. Some of the Skakoan's lines are making me wonder if Skako Minor and Skako are supossed to be one and the same.

19. masterskywalker

masterskywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 2, 2001
    Alphra's series has been one of the best things Marvel has going, since it's not under any obligation to stick around the big three. The first few story arcs of Star Wars and Vader were really great, but seem to have hit something of a slump, at least SW ongoing has.

SilentGuy66 and spicer like this.
  20. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    Agreed, the Doctor Aphra series is some of the best not just among the comics but in the new canon in general.

Amon_Amarth likes this.
  21. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Did anyone get a Peppermint Patty / Marcie vibe from Aphra and Tolvan, when she called her - sir?

[​IMG]

Jedha John and darthcaedus1138 like this.
  22. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    Oooh, just imagine, an Aphra variant cover in Schultz style.

Jedha John and TiniTinyTony like this.
  23. Jedha John

Jan 19, 2017
    "Galactic Icons" variants are coming to the Star Wars comics. Issue 41 of SW is going to feature a variant of Rey, DV 10 variant will feature Finn and the issue 16 variant of Doctor Aphra will feature Rose. From the cover, it looks like this will be a set of 36 Galactic Icons variants.

Doctor Aphra issue 16

[​IMG]

24. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    "Sir" is gender neutral in Star Wars. The clones call Ahsoka "Sir" in TCW, for example.

25. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Sure, and I would argue that it also may be gender neutral in the Peanuts universe as well.

tatooinesandworm likes this.