main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion The Future of Star Wars on TV

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by ThatWanFromStewjon, Dec 5, 2012.

1. DarthHass

DarthHass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2004
    I'm gonna go out on a limb and say -- maybe we can get a Legends TV show. Or animated movie.

Cmon -- shadows of the empire. Or the thrawn trilogy. Hell -- a Tales of the Jedi series.

All welcome....

kalzeth likes this.
  2. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
    Nah.

It's not gonna happen.

podjazd likes this.
  3. DarthHass

DarthHass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2004
    One can dare to dream

revan772 and kalzeth like this.
  4. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    I wouldn't mind if they would do Shadows of the Empire as an animated movie or mini-series with few small changes to make it better fit with the current canon.

It still is a great explanation to what happened in between ESB and ROTJ.

5. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
    I'd legitimately enjoy one of those Animated Comics with SotE as the basis. Sort of like what they did with the HALO omnibus.

kalzeth likes this.
  6. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I don’t see Legends material ever being made like that

7. revan772

revan772 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 5, 2014
    We already got some Legends in canon, like Thrawn, Tuhk, Rur, my boy Screed, and even some interesting events recanonized. It is possible a story arc could be slightly modified to canon.

kalzeth likes this.
  8. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I know, but I still think it unlikely

9. King Maul

King Maul Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 20, 2016
    Does anyone knows if the Star wars series planned to be released on Disneys streaming service in 2019 is going to be live action or animated?

10. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015
    Live Action. There may be an animated one as well but the series that has been confirmed as of now is live action. They probably wouldn't officially announce another animation show until Rebels is completely done anyways.

King Maul and kalzeth like this.
  11. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I think they will keep the animated show on Disney XD

King Maul likes this.
  12. revan772

revan772 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 5, 2014
    What is the next show has a bunch of shorter anthology stories? Liberation of Kashyyk, Boba Fett after ROTJ, can wrap up some other characters storylines (like Cad Bane and Embo, and not nessicarily kill them just give them a more fitting ending for now.) I think that would be a cool idea. If not in a show, maybe a Tales style comic or novel. I just like this idea. :p

kalzeth and King Maul like this.
  13. King Maul

Mar 20, 2016
    What do you hope the next animated series is about ? Would prefer post - ROTJ with Luke , Han and Leia on adventures or a series that features a young Ben Solo as a jedi student ?

Baron_Papanerd and podjazd like this.
  14. smudger9

smudger9 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2007
    Surely it HAS to be post ROTJ. 30 year time period, will appeal to OT and ST generations, will give us a chance to see Han, Luke and Leia in their prime and there is still a lot of the ST that has been left unexplained.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Darkslayer and kalzeth like this.
  15. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    It would not surprise me if they would simply carry a new show forward featuring an adult Ezra or such and such and may not bother with Legacy characters aside from cameos .

16. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    We’ll see within a year I bet

17. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    Oh yeah! Like the youngling arc of TCW, but a developed series about Luke's students.

And then another 3 seasons, but post-The Last Jedi about the students that left with Ben and became the Knights of Ren.

Baron_Papanerd and kalzeth like this.
  18. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Seemed a long process though since Luke had a lengthy journey in the years following Endor and post what we saw around Operation Cinder. At some point after Leia chose not to be a Jedi Luke goes on some journey where he had first gained disciples from around the galaxy and out've those disciples became his true students according to the Visual Dictionary of TLJ.

Luke in TLJ spoke of some balance was achieved after Anakin accomplishing the prophecy of destroying the Sith(with Luke help). So with the Empire soundly defeated after Jakku, it was more or less a time of peace

Not sure it would make a compelling animated series but maybe a novel that could feature bits and pieces of the rise of Snoke since while Anakin's prophecy had to do with destroying the Sith but not the Dark Side. But its pretty clear in TLJ that Snoke wanted to re-create the Sith Order in some imitative form, Kylo's line to Rey about moving past the Jedi and the Sith and destroying the past, after he slayed Snoke strongly hints at Snoke's objectives. But we've heard lines similar to that from The Son and Maul about destroying the Sith and even Jedi.

Also back on Coruscant that Sith shrine is still active , there is no hints that it was destroyed, plus Sidious felt that the Dark Side source was coming from beyond the known galaxy. Sith relics have the power of the Dark Side and Sith specters can appear via Adepts calling upon them. Some interesting stuff, plus Mortis is still kinda out there.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2018
    kalzeth and King Maul like this.
  19. King Maul

Mar 20, 2016
    What about a animated mini series based on the Vader comics ? I think that could be a hit , focusing on Vader's hunt for young Skywalker and him struggling with the Emperor.

kalzeth likes this.
  20. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    I do like the idea of following Luke on his search for Jedi Lore. Since we already know the unfortunate outcome of his attempt at rebuilding the Jedi Order. I think going on his Journey to find these relics would be cool. We kinda learned in the Legends of Luke novel that he did encounter other Force Sensitives along the way as well.

21. Miles Lodson

Miles Lodson Chosen One star 4

Jul 10, 1998
    This is what I want. But for some reason I doubt we get it. I mean why haven't we really gotten it already? I don't think there were that many secrets in TLJ that would have been "spoiled" by a post ROTJ series starring the OT 3.

And please I do not want a series with the OT3 that takes place between ANH and TESB or between TESB and ROTJ. I really want to see what these characters were up to after ROTJ all the way up to the events of the ST.

Baron_Papanerd likes this.
  22. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #1 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Well Disney has proven to be EXTREMELY wary of spoiling even the smallest details of the new trilogy. My bet is that's why it hasn't happened yet.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
  23. Nerfherders

Nerfherders RMFF Treasurer star 4

Apr 26, 2002
    How about show featuring a family of junk dealers right before the events of Return of the Jedi?

revan772 likes this.
  24. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    You literally just described the Freemakers Adventures

25. Dapper Droid

Dapper Droid Jedi Knight

Oct 15, 2017
    Meh. I'd rather flesh out new stories then retread old ones. Same reason why I don't support a Kenobi movie. His story has been told in the new comics and Rebels. To retread that or tell a less important story would just be waste of time and resources.

Either gives us new stuff or release stuff they're been sitting on for years, *cough* Siege of Mandalore *cough cough*

cwustudent likes this.