main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Would you watch a prequel sequel trilogy or anthology film with recast OT characters?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by BalanceOfTheForce, Dec 20, 2017.

?

Would you want a trilogy or anthology film with recasted OT characters?

1. Yes a trilogy

11.5%
  2. Yes, an anthology film

41.0%
  3. No

47.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BalanceOfTheForce

BalanceOfTheForce Jedi Master star 4

Dec 18, 2016
    I wouldn't mind it. We would get the hopeful lightsaber wielding Luke we missed in this film. The guy playing Han Solo in the anthology film could reprise his role in this

2. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    no and it's recast.

3. DARTHSHAME

DARTHSHAME Jedi Master star 4

Dec 19, 2003
    I would if they did an anthology film with an actor who resembled the character and there was a good script.

This question is practically asking for opinions on a Younger Luke anthology film with Sebastian Stan as the lead. I am down if the story is good. TLJ has highlighted what happens when you get beautifully made film with a badly written story.

4. Darkspellmaster

Darkspellmaster Jedi Master star 4

Dec 20, 2015
    Yeah, anthology film for a Young Luke would at least explain things. If they are gonna do a Leia, cast Billie Lord in the lead.

cwustudent likes this.
  5. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Stay on topic in here... if this just becomes another "bash TLJ" thread, we won't need it.

6. Ubraniff Zalkaz

Ubraniff Zalkaz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 26, 2014
    If it's Star Wars, I'm watching it.

7. Wind Rider

Wind Rider Jedi Knight

Dec 28, 2015
    You know what? I'm down for a movie about "The Legends of Luke Skywalker". Just... make it much further down the road. We got a mini version of that in Battlefront II.

cwustudent likes this.
  8. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    I voted no but I didn't read it properly... Yes! - I would watch a film set after ROTJ with a re-cast of Luke. Sebastian Stan with a beard comes to mind...

cwustudent likes this.
  9. King Maul

King Maul Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 20, 2016
    I would watch a Luke movie with Sebastian Stan.

10. DaddlerTheDalek

DaddlerTheDalek Jedi Master star 4

Aug 31, 2014
    I think I would watch it.

Krueger likes this.
  11. wobbits

wobbits Force Ghost star 4

Apr 12, 2017
    Yes to an anthology such as the Sebastian Stan/Luke one mentioned but not a full trilogy.

cwustudent, Avnar and Knoah like this.
  12. Ben-Solo

Ben-Solo Jedi Master star 4

Apr 19, 2017
    If Lucasfilm makes it and the storygroup approves of it, it's Star Wars and I will be there opening night.

Krueger likes this.
  13. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    MOVED TO ANTHOLOGY.

14. Qui-Riv-Brid

Qui-Riv-Brid Force Ghost star 5

Apr 18, 2013
    Not entirely sure what you meant but if they did a one-off with a new Luke and Leia to go with the new Han of Solo and set it after ROTJ I think that would be interesting but strictly as a one-time story.

cwustudent and AndyLGR like this.
  15. jajje

jajje Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 16, 2013
    Maybe I don't watch enough Hollywood-blockbusters set in fictional universes, but my initial reaction to: "...a prequel sequel trilogy (...) with recast OT characters" would be: "Only regarding Star Wars can one ask that kind of question!!" :)

Thinking about it I'd actually say that it could work in, say... 20-25 years? You bring in young-Han-Solo-Alden and Rogue-One-princess-Leia and some-possible-Luke/Hamill-dude.

cwustudent likes this.
  16. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    I think "What happened to Luke after Return of the Jedi" is a story to be told some day for sure.

17. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    If Sebastian was Luke, yes. I would watch a single film. Anyone else besides Sebastian, I would pass (Though I would ask they wait until he is done playing Bucky/Winter Soldier. :))

Regarding other characters (OT) who are in the current trilogy, not interested.

Darth-Seldon likes this.
  18. Ren Kylo

Ren Kylo Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 23, 2015
    no thanks. i'm still a bit iffy about solo but that's already happening so no use complaining i guess.

19. The Wagonmaster

The Wagonmaster Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 24, 2017
    NO! Just use your imagination to fill in the gaps, or failing that, make it a book or a comic. It's a lot more respectful that way.

20. AndyLGR

AndyLGR Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    I’ll be going to see any SW film for as long as I’m alive. I’d prefer them to go the route of one time films telling stories of the recast main characters rather than a new trilogy of them.

21. ComfortablyNunb

ComfortablyNunb Jedi Master star 3

Nov 21, 2015
    Sebastian Stan basically has a 20-year window to play a post-ROTJ Luke, which is a great option to have on the table.

He was absolutely fantastic in I, Tonya, so it's not just his resemblance that would be a major asset.

cwustudent and Avnar like this.
  22. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    Irrelevant as they will not do it. They have stated that they will not feature (recast) main characters inside their existing timeline. So no Luke, Leia or Han movies between ANH and TLJ (or TFA in Han's case). Leia's appearance in R1 or Han in Solo are OK as they are before ANH.

IlhamKamaruddin likes this.
  23. IlhamKamaruddin

IlhamKamaruddin Jedi Master star 2

Nov 29, 2017
    Agreed here. Luke's time between ROTJ and TFA can be explored in books, comics or games.

CrazyOldJedi likes this.
  24. samlecompte1994

samlecompte1994 Jedi Youngling

Nov 12, 2017
    Billie is already in the Star Wars universe.

25. CaptainEO

CaptainEO Jedi Grand Master star 1

Mar 13, 2002
    If it's a good movie, with a good story, that is faithful to the Star Wars universe, I'm all for it.

BadAcrobat and Avnar like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.