main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Making My Day! - Pro-Prequel Articles

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Jarren_Lee-Saber, Dec 10, 2014.

1. rpeugh

rpeugh Force Ghost star 4

Apr 10, 2002
    He isn't a big fan of the prequels but he doesn't hate them either. But he seems to like them better than the Disney movies. He has one of the best reviews of The Force Awakens and his Rogue One deconstruction is something that puts "professional" movie critics to shame. If critics were doing as good of a job as he was of analyzing movies then maybe we would be getting better movies today. His recent Last Jedi videos do a good job of pin pointing what the first 6 movies had that the Disney movies are missing. People should check them out.

Jarren_Lee-Saber likes this.
  2. SW Saga Fan

SW Saga Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 19, 2015
    This is a very good one:

Sab Jo and Deliveranze like this.
  3. rpeugh

rpeugh Force Ghost star 4

Apr 10, 2002
    I find his views to be highly objectionable and it reeks of the post modern nihilistic crap that has gotten into Star Wars. Yes, the Jedi were flawed and imperfect and that was a major point of the prequel trilogy and it contributed to Anakin's fall. But the Jedi were still essentially GOOD. What was great about the story of Anakin's fall is that he used the Jedi's flaws and imperfections to draw a moral equivalence in order to justify his actions after he made a terrible decision that he couldn't own up to. There is something very real about that and it sounds a lot like the problems in our own society and our vehement political discourse. But the fact that the Jedi were flawed in the PT doesn't mean the Jedi order should end. Or that all the Jedi texts should be destroyed. What kind of crap is that? The Jedi's flaws simply had to be corrected and that was already done in the OT and that was the whole point. This is one of the big reasons I abhor Disney's handling of Star Wars.

4. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    @rpeugh very good example of why the Jedi did not have to be dealt with in the manner Disney sees fit.

Jarren_Lee-Saber likes this.
  5. SW Saga Fan

Apr 19, 2015
    I just came across this page and then checked the WatchMojo video, and I'm very surprised, and kind of pleased also: 3K likes vs 19K dislikes.

This is just another example why some people doubt and distrust the media and journalism today. The people in WatchMojo (who are supposed to be professionals regarding everything related to popculture) thought they would flatter their ego by publishing such a negative video and by being the spokesperson of the fanbase. Fortunately, they've failed miserably... This must be a good lesson of humility...

6. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015
    I was pleased too, but reading the comments, I'm not 100% sure if it's genuine. It seems some likes are for ironic purposes and I remember the subreddit r/prequelmemes were all over this video when it came out. I've read people saying "The prequels are completely garbage but I disliked it for the memes" with dozens and dozens of likes.

Either way, those who are ironic about it (whatever that means these days) are really just showing media publications that the prequels are liked.
    Plus there's no way all those 19,000 dislikes are from people only in it for the memes.

Huttese 101 likes this.
  7. Nanaki

Nanaki Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 5, 2016
    When the Like/Dislike ratio was brought to my attention, I immediately left words to the effect of the following in the comments section:

"19k dislikes?

Here's another one!"

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Tonyg, Master_Lok and SW Saga Fan like this.
  8. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    scuiggefest, wobbits, Tonyg and 2 others like this.
  9. Seeker Of The Whills

Seeker Of The Whills Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    A lot of those who make prequel memes also genuinely like them.

Tonyg, crapiola and Deliveranze like this.
  10. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015
    Yeah I think so too, but it's hard to tell at times. :p

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  11. -NaTaLie-

-NaTaLie- Force Ghost star 4

Nov 5, 2001
  12. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
  13. -NaTaLie-

Nov 5, 2001
    He's level headed and analytical, and also story first person, just like me. In his review of Valerian he says it's the best visual realization of a filmmaker's imagination since Revenge of the Sith. It made me want to actually watch that movie.

{Quantum/MIDI} likes this.
  14. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    Who else?

Although, I do admit some of the fashion in the Outlander Club of AOTC is, um, interesting. Am I allowed to say that in the Disney era? :p

15. Nanaki

Sep 5, 2016
    I thought Padme didn't need any more outfits after her first scene in TPM. That Throne Room outfit was just perfect.

16. SW Saga Fan

Apr 19, 2015
    Not a 100% pro-PT article but an interesting take about it:

Mostly Handless likes this.
  17. -NaTaLie-

Nov 5, 2001
    A prequels channel with a few well though out videos.

18. Nanaki

Sep 5, 2016
    Thanks for alerting me. Subscribed.

19. AussieViking

AussieViking Jedi Padawan

May 28, 2017
    AHah While it's been a while there's no way I would hate on the PT. Only criticism is that the Prequels need a special editions that adds deleted scenes back into the films. How did you like the Lets talk on the Star wars films?

Deliveranze likes this.
  20. Mostly Handless

Mostly Handless Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 11, 2017
  21. mes520

mes520 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
  22. Sab Jo

Sab Jo Jedi Master star 2

Jul 2, 2013
  23. mes520

mes520 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Not sure if anyone else here knows or if was ever previously linked, but there's now monthly Padmé Amidala centered podcast called Podme. In the newest ep they talked about Padmé in AOTC, last month they talked about TPM.

MarcJordan, Sab Jo and Subtext Mining like this.
  24. AussieViking

AussieViking Jedi Padawan

May 28, 2017
  25. ss640

ss640 Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 28, 2017
    Deliveranze and Sab Jo like this.