main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussions The first piece of the EU that you owned?

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Imperial Reject, Oct 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Splinter of the Mind's Eye in 78, followed by Han Solo at Star's End, Han Solo's Revenge, and Han Solo and the Lost Legacy.

Yes, I'm old.

2. Frodo_harry

Frodo_harry Jedi Master

Jan 27, 2008
    My first entry into the EU now Legends was the Jedi Academy Series, which I still love to this day, despite its numerous and obvious flaws and and Tatooine Ghost, It hit all my buttons Han Leia relationship luke talking about Tatooine, Leia discovering her heritage, and finding out what happened to Kitster. I loved it. At that point I was not aware that there was a greater shared universe going on, I just found Jedi Search in the library loved it and then found Tatooine Ghost, with half the pages missing, or smeared on, because our library was crap. I read very eclectically, one book was Jedi Search, then Young Jedi Knights, then the Han Solo Books, I took whatever I could get my hands on, which in our library was very limited.

When I started my second attempt at College back in Germany I found the Jude Watson Series and I was spellbound. I would take the train to Leipzig every day. I had to re do my High School Diploma there, because Germans were not accepting US diplomas. (Sorry I am still annoyed about this even 6 years later) I would read the books on the way there and buy a new book at the train station in Leipzig, I know these were meant for kids, but I never imagined that there might be books out there about Obi Wan's Teenage years and I always liked Qui Gon in Episode 1. When I went to University in Magdeburg, I took my now sizable Star Wars Book Collection with me, including a copy of the Thrawn Trilogy. Ever since then I have had a soft spot for the EU. Right now I have almost all the books that are out either as E Books or as Audio books and I plan to read them all ... eventually.

There you go that's my story of how I met your mother found the EU

Grievousdude likes this.
  3. jedisor

jedisor Jedi Master star 2

Apr 22, 2011
    For Christmas in 2001, when I was 8, I received the two-tape abridged audio version of Champions of the Force, as well as a copy of Insider 57, which had a lot of info on NJO. Before that, I regularly checked out the Galaxy of Fear books from the school library.

4. Harlock999

Harlock999 Jedi Youngling

Sep 28, 2017
    Probably Marvel Star Wars issue #7 followed by a slew of subsequent issues. Yes, given to me by the Mom back in '78. I was six.

I also owned Han Solo at Star's End, Han Solo's Revenge, and Han Solo and the Lost Legacy.

Dagobahsystem and Sarge like this.
  5. Adrian the Cool

Adrian the Cool Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    It was the German edition of Heir to the Empire.

Dagobahsystem likes this.
  6. Dannik Jerriko

Dannik Jerriko Jedi Master star 4

Sep 12, 2017
    Back in 1995, I had just won some book tokens in a school competition. I went to the local book store and discovered Star Wars novels. I purchased Truce at Bakura and the first two books of the Correllian Trilogy.

I read Truce at Bakura first and was blown away. The Correllian Trilogy introduced me to Han and Leia's family and let me get my teeth into a longer storyline. I loved the fact that there was a world beyond the films. At that time, I never thought that I'd get to watch a new Star Wars movie in the cinema. But that didn't matter, as there was now a huge world of Star Wars to explore. Honestly, I think I spent a worrying amount of time just admiring the covers :p.

Dagobahsystem likes this.
  7. Dagobahsystem

Dagobahsystem Chosen One star 10

Sep 25, 2015
    First SW comic was Revenge of the Sith issue #4 of 4. Saw it in the grocery store and bought it on a whim. Funny thing is that it was before the film was released so I spoiled the ending lol!

Sometime much later in 2005 or early 2006, I went to the bookstore and bought Labyrinth of Evil, Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader, and The Original Trilogy in paperback. I read all 5 of those right away, loved them, but then took a long break from reading SW material until 2015. I'm still not sure why I stopped reading EU for so long...

Anyhow, I've made up for it since then and have been devouring books and comics for the last two years. Such a fun hobby! :)

8. DJT

DJT Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 2, 2017
    Dark Forces for the PC

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

9. Tython Awakening

Tython Awakening Force Ghost star 4

Oct 12, 2017
    Hey Everyone, I'm new to this forum but have posted in other SW forums

First piece of EU I owned.......hmmmm, I owned several of the Marvel Comics in the 80's that came out around the ROTJ release, so that would be 1983. I did not own any comic books before 6 years of age. I also owned the black and white short story pamphlet that came with some of the vehicles. I had to repurchase that on Ebay.

If you omit the toys and 70's and 80's Marvel comics, the first pieces I owned post-1990 were the Dark Empire II tradepaperback and Tales of the Jedi #1 comic book. Tales of the Jedi #1 turned me into a Star Wars collector in the 90's.

10. Darth Voorhees

Darth Voorhees Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 7, 2017
    The x-Wing series.

11. LordDallos

LordDallos Jedi Master star 3

Feb 2, 2016
    Shadows of the Empire on N64. Good times.

whostheBossk likes this.
  12. Darth Invictus

Darth Invictus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 8, 2016
    I believe it was the novel Darth Bane Path of Destruction, One or all the movie novelizations, and maybe something else my memory is foggy.

13. Zer0

Zer0 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    Darth Bane started it for me as well.

14. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Probably ROTJ storybooks and/or comic adaptation but really likely also this read along record book (which was adaptations of Marvel comics) were huge

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

whostheBossk and Nom von Anor like this.
  15. Lance Toris

Lance Toris Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 22, 2015
    Heir to the Empire!

whostheBossk and LordDallos like this.
  16. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    Heirs of the Force, the first Young Jedi Knights novel. I still own it and still consider it to be the cornerstone of Star Wars for me.

17. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
  18. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    Heir to the Empire was the first book that I read. I loved the Thrawn series.

whostheBossk and firesaber like this.
  19. Your Pal Friendpatine

Your Pal Friendpatine Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 29, 2017
    [​IMG]

That was the first as far as novels go but I had read quite a few of the Marvel comics.

firesaber and Sarge like this.
  20. LordDallos

LordDallos Jedi Master star 3

Feb 2, 2016
    I’m re-reading it now. So much better through an adult lense than how I remember it as a kid.

firesaber and Force Smuggler like this.
  21. JABoomer

JABoomer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 23, 2009
    [​IMG]
    I used to go read it in my local bookstore until I finally saved up enough allowance to buy it. It did not disappoint.

Sarge and Nom von Anor like this.
  22. Benster7703

Benster7703 Jedi Knight

Jan 8, 2018
    [​IMG]
    Bloodline, this was the first Star Wars book i read. As far as comics, my first was volume 1 of the new marvel star wars series, which i read before bloodline actualy.

23. firesaber

firesaber Jedi Master star 4

Mar 5, 2006
    My family drove across country from Massachusetts to California to relocate and my dad grabbed the last two/final issues of the original Marvel comics run. Spent years to finish the set. Stumbled on the OG Han Solo Trilogy books and Splinter of the Minds Eye in a used book shop, culminating a few years later with being in a Waldenbooks and seeing the first of the Thrawn books in 91.

24. The Ganner

The Ganner Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 20, 2015
    The Clone Wars video game that came out in 2002.

after that it would be the microseries.

25. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast was my first step into a larger world.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.