main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Animated Movies

Discussion in 'Star Wars: New Films - No Spoilers Allowed' started by King Maul, Dec 30, 2017.

1. King Maul

King Maul Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 20, 2016
    What do you think about more animated movies ?

I've tought about this and i think that there are many stories that would function well as animated movies.

- The CW episode arcs that where not released. For example Son of Dathomir and Siege of Mandalore

- Movies based on books . Thrawn , Aftermath , Lords of the Sith etc.

- Adaption of Legends stories such as Shadows of the Empire.

With animation movies they can give us some great stories and they won't need to find actors . For example can Leia get a movie without recasting the character .
    Maybe this animated movies can be streaming only ? That will for sure boost Disney's new service .

Do you think we get some animated movies ?

2. Jamtia

Jamtia Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 5, 2016
    I would like to but I don't see them doing it anytime soon unless Rebels ends and they stop doing tv series. I was suggesting maybe doing an animated movie before episode 9 where Leia is alive training Rey, we could see her hold a lightsaber, give us some insight as to what 9 could have been?

3. TheYodaPagoda

TheYodaPagoda Force Ghost star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    Rebels ends in 2018...it's over after the 4th season. I'm pretty sure the Lucasfilm Animation folks don't want to be out of work, so we'll get something cool to replace it soon enough.

4. Darth Eisner

Darth Eisner Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 7, 2018
    The critical and audience failure that was The Clone Wars feature film will have a large effect on the future of animated films, I believe. I think that at this point, Disney (if Disney will distribute it) and Lucasfilm will likely want to go somewhere they haven’t gone before in terms of animation. Maybe we will actually see something from the sequel trilogy, something aimed more at adults rather than kids. More like CW and less like Forces of Destiny.

5. TheYodaPagoda

Apr 23, 2002
    The theatrical release of The Clone Wars was completely on Lucas, as he loved the story and wanted a grand introduction to the new TV series. I mean, for a TV movie, TCW wasn't bad at all, but it shouldn't have been theatrically released, it should've been ON TV. I'd wager the folks at Disney have seen what happened, and don't want to repeat the future mistakes. Anything animated will have to be really spectacular to be released in theatres.

Taylore and Darth Eisner like this.
  6. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Well it was cobbled together to be a film at the last moment. It still made 60 million at the box office which is not that bad.

TheYodaPagoda and Darth Eisner like this.
  7. TheYodaPagoda

Apr 23, 2002
    I really hope they capture the time between ROTJ and TFA with a new animated series. There's 30 years of time to show stories we haven't seen yet between those movies. Seems like it'd be a great fit into the TCW/Rebels canon?

Darth Eisner likes this.
  8. Taylore

Taylore Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 14, 2017
    The biggest advantage to the animated approach is that you can use characters whose actors are too old for the story. So something set between the original and sequel trilogies would make a lot of sense, although my personal investment in that period isn't super great anymore.