main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub The Official EUC Grey Jedi Fan Club - Unknown, unseen and unsung

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Kev-Mas_Colcha, Aug 23, 2015.

1. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Kev-Mas_Colcha Force Ghost star 5

Dec 15, 2002
    I think the last time we had one was when I first made the thread. A long long time ago...

Mitth_Fisto and DarthIshyZ like this.
  2. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Yeah, if there is an RP I tend to take on that species for the threads I am in. . .so your split ends have a lot of catching up to do :p

DarthIshyZ likes this.
  3. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    An updated membership roster. I tagged those that haven't been seen in a while. If anyone wants to be excluded, please let me know.

Grey Troika

Kev-Mas_Colcha (Kev-Mas Colcha)
    greyjedi125 (Polmath, Xaan and Galvan)
    Mikaboshi (Leto)

Membership

A Blind Prophet (Herana A'qa)
    @AbsolX
    @Brueggemann
    @Cushing's Admirer
    @Darth Dnej
    Darth Master Titus (Julius Agrippa)
    Darth_Elu (Aicur Ihi)
    DarthIshyZ (Gildar and Alejac)
    @dragonsith13
    @Force_Prophet
    @GrimdarkRose
    @Hando
    Jedi Master Kenobiwan
    Kahn_Iceay (Lord Victus)
    KamenSentaiMentalHero
    Master Vo'Un'Var
    Mitth_Fisto (Ezzuk and Sa'rae)
    @s65horsey
    @Silas Nightstalker
    Sinrebirth (Lassin)
    @Sithlord_76
    Snokers (Diago Tyruuk)
    The Vanguard (Icharis)

4. dragonsith13

dragonsith13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 3, 2005
    @DarthIshyZ Hmmmm. No offense but I do not know that i professed loyalty.

I am happy to pop in an have spirited discussions if invited though :)

Kev-Mas_Colcha and DarthIshyZ like this.
  5. DarthIshyZ

Jan 8, 2005
    Gotcha. It's really a draft. I'll take you off the next one. Will you be in the RP?

Kev-Mas_Colcha and dragonsith13 like this.
  6. dragonsith13

dragonsith13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 3, 2005
    I would be willing to participate ;)

Make a character.

Kev-Mas_Colcha likes this.
  7. DarthIshyZ

Jan 8, 2005
    Hey! 13th anniversary here!

8. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
    You mean 3rd? :p

Also, technically the Grey Jedi in the EUC got their start way before this thread as well, back in 2006/2007. I know cause I also started that one :p

Master Vo'Un'Var likes this.
  9. DarthIshyZ

Jan 8, 2005
    Uh... no. 13th. I came in here curious about this new Star Wars prequels that were coming out.

Actually it's my second account. My other one predates this one. Curiosity about whether Luke owns a farm now is the reason for that one.

10. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
    OHHHHHH you meant it was your own personal milestone. Apologies and congrats.

DarthIshyZ likes this.
  11. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    The Cult Encounters article that came out a few weeks ago:

http://www.starwarstimeline.net/Cult Encounters.htm

does a good job of showcasing the origins of the Guild of Vindicators from Marvel Star Wars (Devilworlds miniseries). They're described in ways that support the notion of them being at least a kind of "Grey Jedi" - Jedi-trained, not completely Dark or Light.

Lord "Blackhole" Cronal

The Guild of Vindicators is comprised of a relatively small cabal of self-appointed vigilantes with unusual and mysterious Force powers unlike those we have seen in other traditions. They believe it their duty to impose punishment upon those they perceive have committed great evils, prime amongst these are individuals who have “misused the Force,” as they say. Thus, their chief adversaries have been various dark-side cults and acolytes, against whom they have long engaged in battle. In that they have kept would-be usurpers entangled in plots and skirmishes, they serve the Emperor’s purpose to remain as they are. Should they later prove ascendant, however…

The Guild was first brought to my attention while I was yet serving as a Prophet of the Dark Side, for they had targeted the Prophets for extermination. It amused me to note that in their dark hooded raiment and self-righteous, judgmental hatred, they much resemble the very dark-siders they despise, hypocrisy that as you so well know existed in the Jedi as well.

The Guild is categorized into several branches, each named for the power wielded by that branch. Their abilities are intriguing, a utilization of the Force that seems to belong to neither the light nor dark side, but stemming from the realm of shadow that lies at the borders of each.

Jedi Master Simikarty

The truth of the Jedi Vindicators was now known to the Council and they were disbanded. Never easy is it to return to the light whence one has dwelt in the shade. What few Vindicators returned to Coruscant railed against what they saw as the Council’s betrayal of their sacrifice. As a result of their defiance, they were excommunicated from the Jedi Order entirely.

It is no small irony that they went on to become the very thing they had so vehemently fought against, a sect of Force-wielding vigilantes with arcane powers. But we would not repeat our mistakes and attempt to pursue them. So long as they left the Order and the innocents of the galaxy alone, we would leave them alone. Thus did the Guild of Vindicators arise, and in the shadows they continue to dwell, not truly dark, but neither light—a grey mist of arcane Force-mages blinded by their arrogance and extreme views.

12. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
    It's very interesting that Cronal was mentioned, because Cronal's beliefs are very much a dark foil to the Potentium beliefs, which are probably the closest any material, whether it be legends or canon has came to describing Grey Jedi. So it makes sense that they'd target the Prophets of the Dark Side for extermination.

Master Vo'Un'Var likes this.
  13. DarthIshyZ

Jan 8, 2005
    [face_tired] * wanders in, looks around, wanders out *

Kev-Mas_Colcha likes this.
  14. DarkHorseXIII

DarkHorseXIII Jedi Master star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    I can understand the analogy. But because of that fire the galaxy suffered tremendously for decades and an entire planet was destroyed. Eventually to see another Group the First Order arise and wipe out a hole star system. The Jedi purge was far more than the killing of the Jedi Order - it was the removal of the last defense against galactic domination and tyranny. Allowing the Empire to have its way and rule as it saw fit. Which obviously was with an iron fist. Everyone puts emphasis on the "Jedi Purge" as the huge loss of that time. But how many millions if not billions of people lot their lives as a result of the Jedi being out of the picture and the Empire in place?

I can see the viewpoint of allowing things to progress and move forward,letting things unfold without meddling.

My question would be where do you decide that is 'absolutely necessary' as you put it? As in when do you decide to join the fight?

I do like this philosophy, the idea that one can get ride of something seems very superficial. The idea of personal balance has good meaning and intentions, and I would agree with using all of it to learn and grow from certain benefits.

I think the grand question as above is at what point does the tipping of the scale begin. Does it go back and forth?

15. DarthIshyZ

Jan 8, 2005
    Goes back and forth? I think that's a given. Maintaining as Grey is probably pretty difficult. Temptation to tilt to one extreme or the other because the other side is "bad."

16. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
    Destruction and renewal is part of the natural balance and order of all living things. It is, in short, balance. You cannot claim to seek "balance of the Force", if you seek to control the outcome of events and intervene with a natural process of destruction and renewal so that the outcome is to your benefit. The Force does not pick sides. The Force does not favor the "lightside" and it doesn't favor the "darkside" either. It is simply in a natural state of flux, and things that might be considered meddling such as Jedi Purges only happen because the Force wills it. However, the Jedi and Sith should be allowed to do what they will because in the process of doing what they think is right or seeking their own desires, they help bring about balance.

Sith that seek to destroy the Jedi are powerless compared to the will of the Force, and in the end their dark machinations don't serve their own gains, but instead they act as that lightning strike in an overgrown forest, eliminating it so that a new one can rise up that is more vibrant and full of life, like how a new Jedi Order rose up after the Empire.

Jedi that seek to destroy the Sith are also powerless compared to the will of the Force, and in the end their supposedly righteous crusade only helps to keep the Sith in check so they can grow complacent and unchecked, ripe for destruction like an overgrown forest in a lightning storm, to be eliminated so a new one can rise up that is more vibrant and full of life, again like how a new Jedi Order rose up after the Empire.

I'll give specific examples. The Jedi Purge. This purge, would be allowed to happen because it serves its purpose in the natural order of the balance of the Force.

However, an instance it would be 'absolutely necessary', would be making sure this purge didn't completely wipe out the Jedi. It would mean that we'd work in the shadows to ensure that new Jedi could rise up out of the Shadows and pierce the darkness, much like how Luke Skywalker did in events we all know very well. Perhaps the whills that taught Qui-Gon Jinn how to commune with the living from the netherworld of the Force were just Grey Jedi who foresaw events that would happen in the coming years, who taught him the ability in hopes that it would provide the Jedi with their eventual rebirth.

Yes it does. Again, much like a natural balance it is a constant process of destruction and renewal. The scale begins to tip once one side starts to grow, and eventually becomes "overgrown" and tips to the point where it spills out and flips to the other side, from where the cycle begins and occurs again in the same way.

The Grey Jedi simply serve as the center point in that scale, providing the stability needed for this natural process to be allowed to happen, ensuring that neither side is ever completely eliminated. In times of darkness, we protect the light. In times of light, we protect the darkness. In pitch darkness and in overwhelming light, none can see and the galaxy turns to chaos as it stumbles about like a blind man without a cane to guide him.

The process of seeking personal balance first, is one means of making sure that in our efforts to ensure the galaxy stays in a natural flux our own desires and prejudices do not get in the way. So that what we do remains selfless and impartial.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2018
  17. DarthIshyZ

Jan 8, 2005
    I sense something... a presence... @greyjedi125 was here...

18. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    Shhhhh! I'm trying to lurk. [face_shhh]:p
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Well, not just that. Got a small reprieve from the frontlines. :emperor: vs:yoda:

Last edited: Mar 24, 2018
  19. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
    Come on! Come back to life!

greyjedi125 likes this.
  20. Voss Fulris

Voss Fulris Jedi Master star 3

Jun 30, 2018
    Is there a current discussion topic?

21. DarthIshyZ

Jan 8, 2005
    There's not. Kev-Mas and I were the last active members here not eliminated by DRL. Wish it wasn't true. The Jedi and Sith threads are available. Let me know if you need help finding us.

22. Voss Fulris

Voss Fulris Jedi Master star 3

Jun 30, 2018
    Thanks, @DarthIshyZ. Sorry to hear that DRL has caused problems here.
    I've already found one of those :bluesaber::greensaber: and am quite happy, I was just curious to see what goes on around here...which unfortunately seems to be less than there used to be [face_sigh]

DarthIshyZ likes this.
  23. DarthIshyZ

Jan 8, 2005
    Feel free to reminisce with Kev-Mas and @Mitth_Fisto in the Jedi room!

24. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    Gets broom, buckets and wash cloths and starts doing some sweeping and cleaning. Nothing to see here.

At least not yet. [face_whistling]

25. The Maverick

The Maverick Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 18, 2020
    nice to see this thread return :D

greyjedi125 and Kev-Mas_Colcha like this.