main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Events EUC Interview Thread: Now Interviewing Jedi Knight Fett!

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Runjedirun, Apr 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    A) Pic an non-human species B) pic a real world culture/sub-culture's (alive or dead) fashion that you think would fit that species

Who is best dressed in SW?

Favourite non-human species and why?

Favourite SW culture and why?

If you could change something in the old canon, what would it be?

What would you want to see more of in SW?

What now Legend species would you like to see reintroduced in to the new canon and why?

Any now Legend non-jedi/sith Force tradition would you like to see reintroduced in to the new canon and why?

Lady Belligerent likes this.
  2. Darth Invictus

Darth Invictus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 8, 2016
    Fashion? Hmm that's not my strong suit.

I'd probably say the Sith species, Yuuzhan Vong, and Celestials-the former because they are quite interesting and visually appealing, the middle because they have such a dramatic history and are the best EU antagonists I think, the latter because they are so mysterious yet powerful

The Hapans are fascinating-their opposite of Salic, anti Jediism, intrigue, etc... I always wish we learned more about them.

I'd probably have Jaina go dark in LOTF instead of Jacen

Probably see more essential guides, longer books

Probably the Ssi Ruuk-dinosaurs who suck out people's souls how fun is that?

Aing Tii-they are quite fascinating there view of the force-the rainbow, their adoration of the mysterious "those who dwell beyond the veil"

Lady Belligerent and Gamiel like this.
  3. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    I’m with you on Dark Jaina! Also, those Ssi-Ruuk creatures are terrifying.

Why do you think Jaina would have been better dartsider than Jacen?

4. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    Well for one we haven't really seen a female sky-solo go dark, Leia did some dark things in the old canon(like killing Brakiss IIRC) Jaina going dark would be a more appropriate prequel parallel-sword of the Jedi/chosen one. I think a Jaina/Lumiya tag team would have been fun to read and I think their relationship and interactions would have been very different from Jacen and Lumiya's relationship.

Also having Jacen agonize over killing or redeeming her would have been better.

5. Jar-Jar Binks

Jar-Jar Binks SWC Late Show With JJB Host star 8 VIP - Game Host

Nov 17, 2016
    How long are these interviews? We started this one November 6th and we are still going? So it will be my turn in a year and a half?

6. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    It took me nearly a year of waiting-I believe the mod in charge has a list of people who go in order.

Jar-Jar Binks likes this.
  7. Jar-Jar Binks

Nov 17, 2016
    No offensive to you @Darth Invictus. ^:)^ You've been wonderful to interview, just was curious is all. Have you seen or made plans yet to see TLJ?

8. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    I did a few weeks ago

9. Jar-Jar Binks

Nov 17, 2016
    Awesome! I love to hate it and hate that I love it. [face_laugh]

What did you think?

I didn't like Leia's spacewalk and I would have liked Luke to have been around longer but I do think it was an amazing send off.

10. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    As I've stated earlier on the board I wasn't a fan. In fact throughout the movie I kept on asking myself "why couldn't the NJO be better than this" why couldn't Darth Plagueis be better than this" etc... It also made me appreciate the old eu all the more.

11. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    I am the keeper of the list, and work with the Mod’s. :)

The length depends on how long users have questions. I like to give folks a fair amount of time since some users cannot time to log in daily to read and post. After the wait to get interviewed I don’t want that person to feel rushed.

@jar-jar Binks— there are six people ahead of you still, but a few haven’t been around for awhile. Be patient with us, friend, and I promise you’ll have a fun interview.

12. Jar-Jar Binks

Nov 17, 2016
    Wrong tag fuzzball but I follow the thread :p Just curious is all and guess I look forward to my turn. :-B I don't want to bug Invictus to much, oh what the hell.:cool:

@Darth Invictus
    Here are some TLJ questions if your board?
    1. What did you think of Leia's space walk?
    2. How did you feel about Luke's character?
    3. Is Phasma dead?
    4. Will DJ return you think?
    5. What color lightsaber do you think Rey will have?

13. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    1. I didn't like how it was handled. Using the force to survive in the vacuum of space wasn't the problem-it was that she was quite obviously unconscious and so could not build a force shield around her person-she should be dead.
    2. I was ghastly and upset and disappointed in how it was handled honestly.
    3. I'd think so.
    4. Maybe
    5. Probably Blue

14. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    Yikes! Sorry, was typing from my phone and screwed it up and it’s too late to edit now. :p

I say bug away and ask more questions! :D

How will you spend New Years Eve?

15. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    Probably up at least to 1:00 AM or so

16. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    I’m traveling this week, so the next interview should start next week. :)

Get any last minute burning questions while you have time!

17. Jar-Jar Binks

Nov 17, 2016
    @Darth Invictus
    1. How is it going?
    2. What threads do you like to use here?
    3. How are you feeling about Solo; A SW story?
    4. Judging by your name are you a fan of the Dark Side then?
    5. Boba Fett or Jango Fett?

18. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    1. Well I believe, I am on vacation in Canada skiing this week.
    2. The EU boards, prequels, occasionally fanfic-where I post plot bunny ideas(that I wish somebody would use one day), the OT-every so often maybe five times probably less.
    3. I do know they had director changes and am curious as to how that will affect the film.
    4. Darth is a cool moniker-I mean weren't we all awed by Vader even his name? Also Invictus-based off the late roman cult of sol Invictus(the unconquerable sun) and cool as well and as a good ring to it overall.
    5. This is an interesting one-I like the Old Eu versions of both-Jango kills several Jedi unarmed at Galidraan and actually impressed Dooku was the template for the clone army and gave Obi Wan quite a challenge on Kamino, also Temuera Morrison did very well with the role. Boba-well he's certainly good as well and by the FOTJ era one can't help but feel sympathy for him even given his family tragedies. I wonder what his fate was in the old eu-hopefully he died at peace in retirement somewhere.

19. Jar-Jar Binks

Nov 17, 2016
    @Darth Invictus

It's been fun getting to know you. I think I'm out of questions but I hope to see you around on the boards. Please feel free to visit I frequent the social threads. May the force be with you.

20. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    Thank you I have enjoyed participating in this interview!

21. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    Hey, EUC!! Let’s give a big round of applause for @Darth Invictus =D==D=
    Thanks for letting us get to know you. :)

Up next I have someone who is a regular fixture here in the EUC. She’s here to tell us everything we’ve always wanted to know! Welcome to the stage @Amon_Amarth !

=D==D=

*motions toward Bantha hide loungers*

Let’s get started.
    Wow, that sounded like Fareed Zakaria in my head. :p

1. Tell us how you selected your user name, does it have special meaning?
    2. What are your thoughts on the new canon, or will Legends always be your canon?
    3. Do you collect anything?
    4. Who is your favorite author?
    5. Do you have any pets?

SpecForce Trooper likes this.
  22. The Ganner

The Ganner Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 20, 2015
    Hey @Lady Belligerent I signed up for the interview a while back, but I did get banned, was wondering if im still on the list or if i have to re apply.

23. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    You’re still on the list. Two more ahead of you after this one. :)

24. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    My time has come!
    ( :p )
    Thanks, @Lady Belligerent!

1. Oh dear, I was a teen new to internet forums back when I got this username. I initially registered around when AOTC came out, and it may have been Atomium or similar. I haven't been able to remember it later, so I re-registered and wanted it to be something on A, too. And Amon Amarth is a band that I listened to a lot at the time, and the Elvish name for Mount Doom from The Lord of the Rings and sounds cool, so it checked multiple boxes. Today, I'd probably go for a less edgy and more personal username, but ces't la vie. :p

2. I still vastly prefer the pre-Disney SW universe. Sure, there were some poor choices in Legends (Mara's death, whatever was the deal with The Crystal Star, etc), but they also contained an amazing amount of worldbuilding across the timeline that made the Saga so much more, plus outstanding stories in different media. The Saga got me into Star Wars, but EU kept me there for years to come. I'm giving NEU a chance, but so far it hasn't impressed me; the galaxy feels small... That said, I absolutely loved the much overdue Leia-centric novels, as well as Rogue One. It was a movie for lore fans.

3. A collection of postcards adorns my fridge; I pester friends to snail-mail me whenever they go someplace interesting.
    I used to collect comics, but I'm reducing that cause they're a pain to transport when moving. I still want to get all of Legends. Only Republic Commando and some pesky Boba and Han novels left, and quite a bit of TPBs.

4. Tough one, different authors work better than others in different genres, and I'm also discovering new people who leave great impressions. But I guess an all-time favs would be J.R.R. Tolkien and Ursula K. LeGuin. Tolkien for his wordsmithing, re-thinking morality through a rich fantasy setting, and LeGuin cause her books show an incredible amount of insight into human condition. George R.R. Martin is my favourite world-builder and trope-breaker (sadly that didn't translate so well into the show). And recently I've enjoyed a lot of Brandon Sanderson's and John Scalzi's stuff, and Simon Winchester's geography books.

5. Sadly, no pets. :( Would love a dog though, and I occasionally dogsit for friends. But no pets allowed in this apartment complex, boo.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2018
  25. SWpants

SWpants Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2004
    1. What is your favorite SW era?
    2. What are some of your faveSW subseries?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.