main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Solo [Official Info] Ron Howard to Finish Han Solo film

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by Darth Chiznuk , Jun 22, 2017.

1. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I cannot bring myself to place Solo above Star Wars as a whole.

2. Artoo-Dion

Artoo-Dion Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 9, 2009
    I'm more interested in Kasdan specifically writing a Solo spinoff than in him writing a Star Wars film in general, so that's where that comes from.

Mostly Handless and ZY-Fighter like this.
  3. The Wagonmaster

The Wagonmaster Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 24, 2017

I may be the oddball here, but I'm excited because I think Ron Howard is the perfect director for a Star Wars film. He was around in the 70's, he's been making his best films since the 21st century's inception, and he's shown, multiple times, that he's capable of doing the cocky-bunch-of-guys-who-risk-their-lives-for-a-living genre, which is exactly what this needs to be.

4. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014

I totally agree!

The Wagonmaster likes this.
  5. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    I wonder why Ron Howard stopped with the photos? even though we are now in post production it would be cool to get photos of Ronny in the editing bay editing the movie! I realize we wouldn't get as many as when they were still filming but a once in a while photo or video would be cool during post production...

6. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    Ron Howard‏Verified account @RealRonHoward 24m24 minutes ago
    Follow Follow @RealRonHoward Following Following @RealRonHoward Unfollow Unfollow @RealRonHoward Blocked Blocked @RealRonHoward Unblock Unblock @RealRonHoward Pending Pending follow request from @RealRonHoward Cancel Cancel your follow request to @RealRonHoward
    Deep into post production on #Solo The journey continues! Funpic.twitter.com/LlV2IsA5nF
    [​IMG]

7. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
  8. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    I like Ron Howard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014

I like Him Too, weather It Is,

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    In my Family we are all Ron Howard Fans!
    and he went to USC Film school just like George Lucas!

10. CarboniteSolo

CarboniteSolo Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 11, 2013
    If you haven't seen the news, the reason that we haven't heard from Ron Howard, is because his father Rance Howard passed away, I'm sure he's taking a much needed break from post production to heal and spend some time with his family.

11. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014

My post was from well before Rance died and by now I am sure Ron Is back to post production. and It has been a good while since Rance Died and I sent a nice Tweet to Ron and his family when they lost Rance.

On another note I just Tweeted this to Ron Howard we will see,

"Ron Is there any way you can give us a photo of you editing Solo, kind of a little Christmas and Holliday's gift? we haven't gotten a production Photo in a while".

12. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    remember earlier in the thread I Tweeted to Ron Howard that I was having a bad day and it would make my day to get a photo of you editing the film from the editing bay and the next day he posts a picture of himself editing the film?
    well this was my tweet from earlier today,

"Ron Is there any way you can give us a photo of you editing Solo, kind of a little Christmas and Holliday's gift? we haven't gotten a production Photo in a while".

well after I tweet that Tonight some time after I went to bed he posted this,

Ron Howard‏Verified account @RealRonHoward 6h6 hours ago

Took a break from editing #Solo to see #LastJedi[​IMG] Great job @rianjohnson cast & crew. The paying crowd our family saw it with cheered & applaudedpic.twitter.com/S7RWYA0dfK
    [​IMG]
    and I have to Say the same as Ronny my TLJ Crowd cheered and clapped and laughed through out! Ronny is the master story teller great film maker if he loved TLJ then I wholeheartedly agree with him, I know he works for Disney but I feel this reaction is genuine!

Trikuza23, Mostly Handless and yanote like this.
  13. firesaber

firesaber Jedi Master star 4

Mar 5, 2006
    I'm all for Ron Howard and looking forward to what he brings. I appreciate that LFL has a history of brining burgeoning film makers onboard ala Richard Marquand who had largely only done commercials before ROTJ but was always skeptical about how the Lego movie directors chair got you a SW film.

I'm still hoping Spielberg gets tapped at some point if for no other reason that see what he brings to the table.

14. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    Totally Agree I loved The Lego movie But Lord and Miller are not great Directors. They are way overrated. I also agree On Spielberg He Is my Ultimate Choice To Direct a Star Wars film I would also love to see Brad Bird and John Favorue Direct a Star Wars film!

15. MoffJacob

MoffJacob Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 25, 2015
    I like Ron Howard for SW: in fact, TPM desperately needed something like him: actually funny, non-irritating comedic sidekick and superior child acting
    and he can also be dark-weird: A Beautiful Mind

16. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    Mostly Handless likes this.
  17. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    I know some fans aren’t keen on the idea for whatever reason, but I hope Vader appears in Solo. Hopefully Ron made it happen if it wasn’t originally planned. [face_praying]

Avnar likes this.
  18. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    I'm all for it - However...I really want a Vader Anthology set directly after the first DS gets destroyed and he lands on Yavin, so I hope they don't over-use him. I'm also torn about Boba Fett being in this as well for the same reasons :vader::boba:

themoth likes this.
  19. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    I’d be okay if it’s a cameo. He’s a character who doesn’t need much time to make an impression.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2017
  20. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    [​IMG]

(Why Minion Mauler included President Oprah, I don't know. :) )

Last edited: Jan 7, 2018
    Mostly Handless likes this.
  21. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    I neeeeeeeed ittttt. Please be soon!

22. smudger9

smudger9 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2007
    Friday on GMA is the latest unsubstantiated ‘guess’ on Reddit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

23. solo77

solo77 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 28, 2002
    RESHOOTS!

Happening next week!

24. Mostly Handless

Mostly Handless Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 11, 2017
    Yesss![face_dancing]

Spielberg arriving at LFL headquarters.
    [​IMG]

11-4D and firesaber like this.
  25. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    From the looks of the trailer Ron Howard might have pulled off something really cool. I knew a Howard/Kasdan combination had potential.