main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Who is the best Skywalker?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Ghost, Dec 28, 2017.

?

Who is the best Skywalker?

1. Shmi

7.4%
  2. Anakin

33.3%
  3. Luke

33.3%
  4. Leia

17.3%
  5. Ben

8.6%
  1. mike778

mike778 Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 9, 2012
    Ben is the most interesting as portrayed on screen. Anakin should have been but for weak acting.

2. Ray Donahue

Ray Donahue Jedi Youngling

May 2, 2017
    Anakin Skywalker in Episodes 1 and 2.

3. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    [​IMG]

wobbits likes this.
  4. zam wesell2005

zam wesell2005 Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 23, 2015
    The chosen one

5. Son of a Bith

Son of a Bith Jedi Master star 4

Feb 28, 2013
    The best Skywalker is Billy Skywalker. You haven’t heard of him. BUT YOU WILL.

6. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    Anakin Skywalker.

wobbits likes this.
  7. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I’d say Ben Solo, but only by a smige.

8. Dagobahsystem

Dagobahsystem Chosen One star 10

Sep 25, 2015
    Luke Skywalker is one of the best SW characters ever (def. top 5), let alone Skywalkers. Imo.

Sarge likes this.
  9. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Not many Skywalker you like HMmmm?

10. Lt. Hija

Lt. Hija Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2015
    I just found it impossible not to agree, add to this the really tough decisions she had to make in ANH:
    • Sacrifice her citizens (Alderaan) or the Alliance?
    • Allow the Death Star to track them to Yavin IV (to know where to attack the battle station) or hope to be able to find the Death Star later to attack it.
    Essentially she sacrifices Alderaan to save the Alliance (Tarkin would have destroyed Alderaan once he learned that Dantooine was a decoy), yet and worse, she has to present Yavin IV later on a silver platter and bait for Tarkin, so the Alliance gets a clear 'one-shot' at the Death Star, not even knowing if the plans' analysis will really reveal a weakness.

I just hope I never find myself in a place to make such hard decisions.

Bazinga'd likes this.
  11. DarthKreVass

DarthKreVass Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 27, 2008
    Luke for sure

12. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Leia is definitely up there I have to say.

13. Master Endz-One

Master Endz-One Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 30, 2017
    Leia has done more for the Galaxy than anyone, her humanitarian missions, fighting the Empire, starting the New Republic, recognizing the beginning of the First Order, Leading to the Rebellion without the Republic, being a high taking member of the Rebellion and taking on the most dangerous missions, without taking any breaks from them and much of it without using the Force.

Lt. Hija likes this.
  14. DJT

DJT Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 2, 2017
    Anakin because he has been both a Jedi and a Sith

15. DarthWolvo23

DarthWolvo23 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 30, 2005
    Leia or Kylo Ren

16. darth-skycrawler

darth-skycrawler Jedi Master star 2

Aug 7, 2001
    I like Anakin the most, but prior to the TLJ I would have said Luke/Shmi/Padme (well she is kind of a Skywalker by marriage) were the best out of them, with Luke edging it, because he still showed compassion after going through the most. If we include the sequel trilogy then Padme or Shmi.

17. Empress Shatterpoint

Empress Shatterpoint Jedi Master star 3

Jan 5, 2013
    Tough choice to make. I ended up voting for Shmi for her sheer goodness. She suffered through slavery, having her son - her whole world at that point - leave towards an uncertain future, and being tortured by the Tuskens and still managed to retain her grace, humble nature, wisdom and selflessness through it all. She always focused on others and did what she could to help even if it cost her, from letting Anakin compete in the race to help out strangers even though it "makes her die inside" to encourage him to leave and be a jedi despite the possibility of never seeing him again. Even as she is dying, battered in Anakin's arms, she focuses on him & on how he has grown, and away from her needs. "You can't keep the suns from setting" is probably amongst the best lines/pieces of wisdom in the entire saga. I don't know where Anakin, Luke and Leia got their respective arrogance, but it sure didn't come from Shmi!

On the goodness front, Luke an Leia do deserve a shout out though. Luke's ultra forgiving nature and ability to see the best in people led him to enable his father's redemption, which led to the defeat of the Sith and purged the galaxy from the dark side, so yeah, he's a contender for sure. And of course Leia dedicated her time to bring down the Empire, putting duty above everything else. Both twins were instrumental in saving the galaxy.

Anakin is my favorite character, so on the basis of "interesting arcs", I'd put a vote in his favour. Never in the history of movies have I seen someone start so bright, then fall so deeply in the cave, and with the twist of final redemption in realization of the errors of his ways.

The only one on the list who doesn't inspire any interest or goodness is Kylo. The lack of on screen pre-fall Kylo makes me uninvested in his character and in doubt of redeeming qualities, and what we're left with is someone who is conflicted for no apparent reason (how did Snoke seduce him in the first place? Why does he hate his parents?), who's not even menacing enough to pull off a good villain act. He just plain doesn't make a good impression on any level.

"Anyone but Kylo", basically.

La Calavera and {Quantum/MIDI} like this.
  18. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    TS - I am curious why the representation of Luke is the one where he is on the ground and in his "I'm done with the Jedi" phase...? Am I reading into this too much? Where is the proud Jedi knight picture?? :greensaber:

19. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Well Han is included in this poll so you should be good. Han when he married Leia must of been like what have I gotten myself into?

20. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    Leia has the most courage, grit, grace and resilience in the saga. Her focus on the mission is unyielding. Remains committed to the galactic struggle her entire life--despite unspeakable personal hardships. Anakin losing his mother and having visions of losing Padme, drove him insane and turned him to the dark side. Leia lost everything--her adoptive parents, her entire planet, her husband, her son, her brother, and yet she remains fighting for the light. Something remarkable about that

21. Darth Arthurius

Darth Arthurius Jedi Knight

Jan 29, 2016
    I voted Luke. I feel Luke was everything Anakin COULD have been, if Anakin had been a stronger man and not so easily given to temptation. Ben is perhaps the weakest of the family in that his turning to the Dark Side is very weak. Somehow I find his murder of his own father to be worse than Anakin's misdeeds. I don't know, you can kill millions but...Killing your own family without an ounce of regret is something beyond even what Anakin did. At least Anakin did what he did with the view that he was comitting evil for the greater good - to save someone else. Ben just kills his father because Snoke told him to. Weak, weak, weak and irredeemable for me.

Leia is a great diplomat and political type but I view Padme as the stronger female character. She endured just as much if not more and had more responsibility on her shoulders than Leia did. Leia was a leading figure in the Rebellion but she was not the leader in her youth whereas Padme was responsible for the welfare of an entire planet at 14....

Really, Anakin and Padme were a dang power couple....Shame he threw it all away.

La Calavera, Knoah and {Quantum/MIDI} like this.
  22. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    I get your points but:
    Anakin did Force choke his own pregnant wife--until she collapsed. And of course the younglings. I get what you're saying about Han, but I don't see Ben and Ani as all that different.

Padme is no doubt a strong character and enduring an invasion of your planet, assassination attempts, etc. was taxing (pun intended) but it pales in comparison to watching your planet explode with all of your loved ones on it...then watching your son turn to the dark side and then that son kills your husband... Hard to say anyone has endured more than Leia

23. Darth Arthurius

Darth Arthurius Jedi Knight

Jan 29, 2016
    True but he did stop. Not justifying choking her but...He was pretty much a lunatic at that point, high like a cocaine addict on the Dark Side. Whereas Ben with all rationality and wits about him cooly, and coldly, murdered his father. You know? The two men were in very different mindsets. One was an irrational act driven by madness, the other calculated and taking advantage of an old man's sentimentality and sympathy.

I see Ben as every negative Skywalker trait, from every Skywalker, congealed into one mess of a person. You know, at least Anakin had conflict ("I'm supposed to be better than this"), he had an excuse for turning out the mess he did. This is a kid who was born a slave (and let's be honest - probably abused when he was owned by the Hutts), then dropped into the middle of an emotionally repressive, sterile cult, taken away from his mother, the only person who ever showed him love; denied the ability to love by said cult; emotionally manipulated from a young age by the closest thing to a father-figure he ever had, a man who proved to be basically the Devil; then caught up in a confusing war which saw the cult he believed in and lived with going against their principles; torn between love for his wife and duty to the Jedi, having a master with an inferiority complex who at times berated his skill, his mother dying in his arms and his self hate at his failure to save her...I can understand why Anakin was a ticking time bomb.

Ben had no such factors driving him to the Dark Side. He had a misunderstanding with his uncle which drove him to murder a whole bunch of people, and then decided he would just go on murdering people out of some weird obsession with his grandfather. Ben is sick to me. Anakin was crazy, but Ben is sick in a Ted Bundy kind of way to me. Cold fish. Creepy. Anakin never creeped me out. Ben does.

I would say they're about equal (Leia and Padme). Padme did witness the suffering of her people and the death of everything she loved and believed in and saw her husband go insane right before her eyes and died young, with only the faintest glimmer of hope for a better future and no idea what would happen to her children. She had no Force abilities or foresight to see things would work out alright in the end. Leia I'm sure has some ability to see the future and see what will be. Padme died hoping...Sad.

La Calavera, Knoah and wobbits like this.
  24. wobbits

wobbits Force Ghost star 4

Apr 12, 2017
    Anakin Skywalker, then Leia.

25. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    If judging in terms of power and/or skill, I went with Luke. After seeing TLJ, that made the decision for me. The power he displayed, even after being shut off from the force for several years, is what I always imagined Anakin would've been capable of, had he not gone down the path he did (which is why I didn't vote for him).

If Anakin hadn't had to have the mechanical suit, I imagine he would have ultimately become unstoppable!

In terms of emotional and/or character strength, then Leia for sure.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2018