main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Hera

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Why_So_Serious, Feb 20, 2014.

1. Sixes

Sixes Jedi Master star 2

Apr 5, 2016
    You vs the rebellion she never stops telling you about

[​IMG]

Darth Dnej and Ahsoka's Tano like this.
  2. Darth_Voider

Darth_Voider Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2015
    Hera will appear in issue #18 of Marvel's Doctor Aphra series!

[​IMG]

3. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014

I really should start reading those comics. I borrowed the first two Graphic "Vader" novels, which introduced the Dr. Aphra character; but tbh I was more interested in her than in Vader. I like that she has her own spinoff now; I just need to know where to begin.

4. Sean Mason

Sean Mason Jedi Knight

Jun 22, 2015
    I really should start reading those comics. I borrowed the first two Graphic "Vader" novels, which introduced the Dr. Aphra character; but tbh I was more interested in her than in Vader. I like that she has her own spinoff now; I just need to know where to begin.
    [/quote]

Definitely worth reading all of the Vader collections. The first Aphra collection is out now and the second due out soon. Luckily you don't have much catching up to do! Well worth it.

5. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

I might even buy the first graphic novel at my local comic shop. Again, I'm not interested in the Vader comics; but from what I understand this novel centers around Dr. Aphra's role in the story up to the point where her spinoff begins.

https://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Doctor-Aphra-Vol/dp/1302906771

6. revan772

revan772 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 5, 2014
    The Aphra series is good, just start with volume one. However, her story really starts in Vader and if you do not start reading there you may not get the same emotional investment in Aphra you would otherwise. And the Vader comic may center around Vader but Aphra can take over as main character there at times. Definitely worth reading that series too.

7. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

I thought the graphic novel includes her introduction with Vader. How many Vader comics is she in before her spinoff takes place?

8. revan772

Aug 5, 2014
    She is there since the beginning, however she has some important story lines. Like when she goes to Naboo, or her very last arc in the Vader series. I am not sure how the gn are collected, I go issue by issue, but she has some very important arcs in Vader. I will confidently say her story starts in Vader and continues in Aphra.

9. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    So I guess you'd recommend all Vader comics before the Aphra ones.

10. revan772

Aug 5, 2014
    Yes, it is technically the first part of her series. Her comic series starts off where Vader leaves off. Plus, Vader could technically be " The adventures of Vader + Aphra" but Vader sold better at the time. :p

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  11. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Let's leave this discussion alone as we're going way off topic from Hera. I don't know if there's a specific Dr. Aphra thread somewhere among the forums, but I'd continue it there.

12. Darth_Voider

Darth_Voider Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2015
    We have individual threads for each arc of the Aphra comic in the Lit forum.
    I also created an Aphra fanclub in the community forum (see the link in my signature), which would also be a nice place for questions regarding the comics.

Back to Hera, I think Doctor Aphra #18 might be her first appeareance in the post-ANH/pre-TESB period. Whatever happens to Kanan, Ezra and the rest of the Ghost crew at the end of Rebels, I'm very curious if the Aphra comic will address how this affects Hera.

13. Starwarsfan9000

Starwarsfan9000 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 24, 2012
    Considering we know Hera survives up to some time shortly after the Battle of Endor at least I'm kind of thinking if it makes sense she would be the most likely Rebels character they could translate from animation to screen and it would be so far later in the timeline where you wouldn't need to address her appearance in Rebels.

Maybe give something subtle but give enough info to where a casual audience would be caught up in her role and then something is referenced later that obviously is meant to hint at a back story that casual audiences will think is the film bringing it up as it's own thing but anyone who was a Rebels fan would know she's referring to her crew.

I don't know when Leia mentioned allies in the Outer Rim who could join the fight part of me believes Hera if she's still alive wouldn't be someone who'd retire willingly. She said she would still be fighting until the galaxy is safe and that's what she's still doing by ROTJ.

14. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    http://comicbook.com/starwars/2017/12/25/star-wars-rebels-hera-syndulla-hoth-empire-strikes-back/

Seems Hera was on Hoth before ESB. I bet she left with the Ghost before the big evacuation. I had a feeling they might have gone this way. It seems Hera was present for just about all the important events in the GCW, but has to be written around them because we never see her in the OT films. Convenient and annoying, but it has to be done. They definitely will do something more significant with her character post-Rebels if her cameos are anything to go by.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2018
  15. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    It's funny you should say that. I brought up the possibility of a live action Hera with a prominent role in the LACWAC General Discussion thread yesterday. Kept it in spoilers.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2018
  16. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    This is the cover for the upcoming Hera comic in January.
    [​IMG]

17. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    That's really nice that they're even including a story with Rose & Paige.

18. FiveFireRings

FiveFireRings Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2017
    Seems like even those who don't dig Rebels can get into Hera, given all the appearances she's gotten in so many other media releases and the fact that they always get positive responses. I'm glad -- a strong female character who's more on the mom side than an ingenue; a rare alien in a lead role and a cultural window into a favorite species (that breaks the stereotypes); a love story that doesn't suck or involve abuse issues (even if it ends tragically); cool droid companion and ship with some character of their own, and of course Vanessa Marshall is awesome. She feels totally natural hanging with the OT crew and brings a bit of diversity to that era. It will be really interesting to see what's done with her post-Rebels.

19. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I concur. Hera's developed into among my favorite new SW characters since Ahsoka.

20. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    I hope she paves the way for more alien main characters in the future just like Ahsoka paved the way for Rey in the movies.

21. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Even Twi-leks seem to be a near extinct race at the time of the OT/ST. Yeah, I know there's the two below in ROTJ, but have we seen any more since?

[​IMG] [​IMG]

22. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    Wasn't there a Twi-lek hologram in RO? It was very brief though and easy to miss. Does it count?

Last edited: Jan 3, 2018
  23. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I don't remember. Who was it?

Edit:
    Nevermind. I found it. I don't really count the dancer from ROTJ.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 3, 2018
  24. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    Did anyone confirm it was the same character?

25. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Not sure if it was actually her; but I thought there was some resemblance.