main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena 2023-24 NCAA Football Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by DarthPoppy, Nov 16, 2006.

1. DarkEagle

DarkEagle Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 10, 2009
    Rooting for Alabama always feels dirty :(

Rew likes this.
  2. ma_petite

ma_petite Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 26, 2006
    I’m waiting!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

heels1785 likes this.
  3. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    At least last time an all-SEC championship happened it resulted in the CFP-- maybe this time it will create an expanded field

Point Given and heels1785 like this.
  4. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    At least Georgia hasn't won a title since 1980. Good enough for me to root for.

5. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    hail lord saban. mistake-free football.

and we're getting his d-coord ^:)^

dp4m likes this.
  6. ma_petite

Nov 26, 2006
    This is insane. Ugh.

7. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    it's what you get for putting martin sheen on your deadpool list, sey.

:p

ma_petite likes this.
  8. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    Maybe it will work for you, but hiring Saban disciples hasn't exactly worked for the Gators (Muschamp, McElwain). Different program, different priorities, so maybe it will work for Tennessee.

9. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    You know what? Rather than bitch about another all-SEC championship game, let me focus on the positives.

like ...

[​IMG]

10. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Alabama opens as 4 point favorite for the title game. Georgia essentially playing a home game is probably what is keeping that as low as it is.

11. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    This is the second time that I know of that a team will play for a national championship in the same venue where they won a conference championship.

Off the top of my head, the only other time I know of is the Gators' basketball SEC tournament and National Championships: both the SEC tournament and NCAA Final Four were played in the same venue.

12. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
  13. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    And to think, Rodriguez turned down 'Bama. Bet not a day goes by the Tide faithful don't sacrifice a shrimp to Forrest Gump or whatever it is they do down there.

14. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005
    This is how the New Year should start off every year

15. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Would love to see a talented writer do a true "What if" on if Alabama had hired RichRod instead of Saban. The direct impact to two schools - Alabama and Michigan - is tremendous. But the ripple effect? Impacts at Florida, Georgia, Miami, Tennessee, LSU, USC, Ohio State, Penn State. Impacts on the structure of college football itself - one could conceivably imagine the BCS still being in place had Saban not gone to Alabama.

I shudder to think about if, one year later, instead of hiring RichRod, Michigan hired Nick Saban. Urban Meyer was apparently incredibly close to taking the Penn State Job, too. Meyer at PSU and Saban at Michigan? Ohio State would be in a world of hurt in the post-Tressel era - I can't imagine any coach they could have lured that would have given them the edge they enjoy today.

16. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Could affect the NFL too. If Saban's at Michigan, then does Harbaugh bolt from the 49ers?

Last edited: Jan 3, 2018
    DarthIntegral likes this.
  17. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    That #81 for Notre Dame looks a lot like the best #81 of them all.

[​IMG]

Juliet316 likes this.
  18. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    @heels1785 @ma_petite - who did you pick in the championship game? One of us will win the bowl mania, unless we all picked the same team, they lose, and @DarkEagle went the other way. I've got Georgia.

19. yankee8255

May 31, 2005
    Tim Brown Never played for the Lions.

Sorry, I feel like I haven’t been enough of an annoying Notre Dame alum in this thread.

20. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Seems redundant to say both "annoying" and "Notre Dame alum" wrt football.

21. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2018
  22. yankee8255

May 31, 2005
    [face_whistling]If you can’t go to college go to State ... [face_whistling]

23. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
  24. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
  25. ma_petite

Nov 26, 2006
    I don’t even know how to check who I picked.