main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Hera

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Why_So_Serious, Feb 20, 2014.

1. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    I never thought about Hera showing up in the ST, that is an interesting idea. My first thought is that after the Rebellion she possibly made it back to Ryloth and helped rebuild her home world. But I do remember in the Aftermath series, or was it Bloodline? That there was an Ambassador to the New Republic from Ryloth, but I don't recall him mentioning Hera. I do remember him stating that Ryloth never joined the New Republic Government though. So they are one of those neutral worlds that Leia spoke of in TLJ.

2. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    Did anyone read the Forces of Destiny comic that just came out?

3. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    I thought they haven't all come out yet.

4. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    It's a 5-week event if I remember correctly, Hera is week 3. Leia came out today.

5. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I had just signed up for a free Amazon Kindle subscription trial, but it looks like the new FOD comics aren't included (have to buy separately).

6. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    I don't think that's supposed to be Oola (Jabba's dancer slave), just a callback to ROTJ for fans.

It fits with the idea that Twi'leks are enslaved on a massive scale during the Empire era, which is why we don't see them so often in the OT and why they fight against the Empire so hard.

7. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    But that's the thing. I want to see how hard they fought. That lame loudspeaker announcement in R1 calling for Captain Syndulla didn't cut it for me. Where is Hera throughout the OT? What happened to Cham? WHAT ABOUT NUMA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. MrDarth0

Oct 3, 2015
    Based on those Rebels episodes taking place on Ryloth and the novel Lords of the Sith, I think we can safely assume at this point that most of the Twi'lek resistance is concentrated directly on Ryloth and they're not that much involved in the wider Rebellion, with the occasional exception :)

Their situation is probably very similar to the situation of Kashyyyk and the Wookiees during the OT. The planet is under tight Imperial lockdown with most of the population in labour camps or sold to slavery off world.

9. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    Well thanks to Forces of Destiny we know she's around on Endor, just not on-screen for obvious reasons. As for Numa and Cham, I thought Rebels showed that Cham's rebels were more focus on freeing Ryloth in particular, I didn't think they were part of the wider Rebel Alliance. I guess they could also introduce new Twi-lek characters who are like Hera, not necessarily as pilots but as members of the wider rebellion.

10. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Well what about beyond the Empire's reign? Were the inhabitants of these planets still under control of the new First Order by the time the ST era takes place? At least the PT showed Chewie's planet with hundreds, if not thousands of Wookies fighting against the droid army. Throughout the entire film saga, there has yet to be a single instance where more than one Twi-lek has been on the screen at the same time.

11. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    I think Bloodline addressed it and I think it became independent but has relations with the Republic.

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  12. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    That's cool then.
    Maybe Johnson New Trilogy material?

13. FiveFireRings

FiveFireRings Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2017
    There's an actual real live Twi'Lek in R1, too, though -- Bib Fortuna's cousin Beezer. For real. He's kind of a weird-looking specimen, although not as "off" as Orn Free Taa, who was obviously not originally meant to be a Twi'Lek, and it will never cease to puzzle me why he was turned into one (and, since he was, where all the other Twi'Leks with four lekku coming out of the wrong parts of their heads are hiding).

14. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Eh I prefer the Twi'Lek's who look like other Twi'Leks. If it wasn't for Oola and Aayla in the movies you'd have assumed all Twi'Leks had their headtails wrapped around their necks like Bib Fortuna does. IMO it always looked weird; when you watch the Ryloth episodes from TCW, you don't see a single Twi'Lek that looks like that.

15. MrDarth0

Oct 3, 2015
    Sebulba begs to differ ;)

[​IMG]

16. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Two twin subordinate Twi'leks; years before the Empire's purge on Ryloth. Still not good enough for me.

Asajj Ventress likes this.
  17. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
  18. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Looks like Hera will not stayed captured for long. She does not like Kanan’s new hair though.

19. DarthTalonx

DarthTalonx Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2014
    The only time I wanted to be Sebulba.

Hera is a legend btw. Also noticed how she is mentioned in Rogue One on rewatching. "General Syndulla" over the announcement.

But nothing onscreen (movie wise) explaining the galactic state of affairs which is frustrating. The PT, and OT are clear as to planetary governance.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2018
    Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  20. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Not sure what you mean by her being "a legend".

21. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    She's probably the most battle hardened leader in the Rebellion minus Saw Gerrera, who already parted ways with the Alliance. She survived large battles over Mustafar, Garel, Atollon, and now Lothal. She rescued Mon Mothma and Gold Squadron. She survived Darth freaking Vader. The rest of the Alliance was probably running scant attacks and supply runs while Hera and the Ghost crew were involved with battles against fleets of Star Destroyers (see the above list).
    There's a lot of significant feats in Rebels, even if they look small by comparison to the ones done by the heroes of the Original Trilogy.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2018
  22. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    LOL thanks for the explanation. Sometimes when I see the word "Legend" used in the forum I take it as some EU lingo.

23. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
  24. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    Hera sketch by the artist who drew the Kanan comic series. I'm still hoping for a Hera miniseries.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2018
  25. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015
    @Ancient Whills probably a more likely play is that they will just bring Hera into the regular Star Wars line already going on. We know she is going to be in March's Dr. Aphra issue. We also know that Hera knows Han and Leia pretty well by the time of Endor (based on the Forces of Destiny short we got) so it would actually fit pretty well for her to become a reoccurring character in the current Star Wars line.