main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The Development Of The Sequel Trilogy

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Artoo-Dion , Sep 14, 2017.

Tags:
  1. MagnarTheGreat

MagnarTheGreat Force Ghost star 5

Jul 21, 2016
    Since he deleted all his SW-related tweets, here's what Hidalgo claimed and responded to (archive):
    • “[Like, even pushing Luke to the END of The Force Awakens was Michael Arndt’s doing.] In a very general sense, the original idea of 7 started midway through what we now know as 8.” (January 2, 2018)
    • “[When was it decided to make the villain Han and Leia’s son? Was it JJ’s idea?] The son falling to the dark side was always in the mix. The movies just ended up having it already an established fact.” (January 3, 2018) “[Was he Skyler or another character? Was he always the one to kill Han?] Skyler was the son in some versions. And as for how all that was gonna go down, that ain’t my story to tell.” (January 3, 2018)
    • “[They changed the name of Kira to Rey] Skyler and Kira (and Kira wasn’t the first proposed name either; she had at least two others) became, after a fashion, Finn and Rey. The Jedi Killer morphed from Talon corrupting the son to becoming the son. Uber became Snoke. The starting point shifted. Yadda yada yada.” (January 3, 2018)

2. Serpico Jones

Serpico Jones Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Looks like Pablo got into some trouble with his bosses...

Jo Lucas, {Quantum/MIDI} and Gharlane like this.
  3. Ruffmeian

Ruffmeian Jedi Master star 3

Dec 19, 2015
    0.o.
    Isn’t Kira the name of Emilia Clarke’s character in the Solo film?

Last edited: Jan 4, 2018
    Jo Lucas likes this.
  4. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    Wait wut

Huh. I wonder why Pablo suddenly deleted like

Everything he's ever tweeted. I mean, he does some odd things every now and then, but that's just.... I don't get it

Can't say since I don't follow it, but I wouldn't be surprised if naming a character that is tribute to the unused name for the character we now call Rey

5. Serpico Jones

Nov 3, 2012
    He probably got in trouble.

6. Ruffmeian

Dec 19, 2015
    It just makes me think of when Rogue One came out, tons of people were speculating that Jyn Erso would somehow be Rey’s mom. Makes me think that might happen here. (I put it in a spoiler cuz it seemed appropriate?)

Seagoat likes this.
  7. Seagoat

Jan 25, 2013
    Perhaps, but who knows

Or maybe
    Kira and Han get together, and she has the longest pregnancy in history
    Lol ok, that one's a joke. But who the hell knows

And frankly, I dunno if that's considered spoilery or not myself. But better safe than sorry is the rule to follow in such cases

Ruffmeian likes this.
  8. Ricardo Funes

Ricardo Funes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    Nothing he tweeted was really new. A lot of that was already present in the Art of TFA and Art of TLJ books.

I guess he just deleted as people would start making a huge storm about it.

Darth Gummybear likes this.
  9. Seagoat

Jan 25, 2013
    I mean, that would be one thing. But he deleted literally everything he's ever tweeted. And his account is now set to auto-delete tweets after a certain time, judging by his description, and he also says likes/retweets are "accidental clicks". Even though he's got nearly 40k liked tweets, and I definitely remember browsing his tweets every so often

I dunno. It's weird. I mean, he could've gotten some higher up angry to the point he was faced with "delete it all or lose your job", but that sounds a bit farfetched. But eh. Who knows

{Quantum/MIDI} likes this.
  10. Artoo-Dion

Artoo-Dion Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 9, 2009
    I think he's annoyed that his Tweets are being monetised by Clickbait sites.

11. Jamtia

Jamtia Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 5, 2016
    So it was George's idea to have a Solo go dark. Now the question is would George would have started off the trilogy with him already turned, or would he have waited midway/towards the end or even at the end of 7?

Jo Lucas likes this.
  12. Artoo-Dion

Jun 9, 2009
    The implication seems to be the latter.

whostheBossk likes this.
  13. Nipuhanipera

Nipuhanipera Force Ghost star 5

May 25, 2014
    Because of what?

14. Serpico Jones

Nov 3, 2012
    He tweeted out info about Lucas’ discarded treatment.

15. Jamtia

Apr 5, 2016
    I wonder if this trilogy would have been better off with Kylo turning midway, I guess it doesn't make too much of a difference.

Jo Lucas likes this.
  16. Ruffmeian

Dec 19, 2015
    I don’t know. I love it just fine so far.

jaqen and Jamtia like this.
  17. Nipuhanipera

Nipuhanipera Force Ghost star 5

May 25, 2014
    I don't see anything wrong with that, unless those treatments are still relevant to future stories.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2018
  18. Artoo-Dion

Jun 9, 2009
    I dare say there's a reason they shifted his turn to be earlier. I don't think the story clicked until they combined Ben Solo and the Jedi Killer, with a side benefit being it justifies Luke's exile.

19. Jamtia

Apr 5, 2016
    They were two separate things at one point weren't they? Man I gotta pick up that art book from TFA still. I could see it flowing better the way it turned out opposed to having a JK, Snoke and Kylo. Unless JK and Snoke were same at one point to? Idk.

20. Skillzwalker

Skillzwalker Jedi Master star 3

Oct 24, 2015
    I have always felt GL treatments to be close to what we are seeing but LFL didn't want that known until after the trilogy was complete.

jaqen likes this.
  21. Dame sans merci

Dame sans merci Jedi Master star 4

Jan 17, 2016
    MSW said they'd heard...

...her character's name is actually Kura.

22. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    What's weird is that George didn't help matters (in classic George style) by claiming that none of his ideas were used, and the Vanity fair interview with LK and JJ didn't help when LK was talking about starting from scratch and that they "didn't have a script" - which is a common term that doesn't mean "we have zero ideas" - when clearly given Michael Ardnt's credit and what we know of development, an awful lot of those early ideas remained. Honestly, it seems like the standard development scenario to me. Basic ideas that remain in play but evolve from their original conception. But the same broad strokes can be identified in both. What I find interesting is how those TFA Luke concepts actually give a great insight into Luke's TLJ state of mind, but we just didn't realise it at the time.He was always haunted and in exile, even with George still involved. I don't think George ever saw latter day Luke as a boy scout. This is the guy that loved Luke turning to the dark side in Dark Empire.

jaqen, JoDark, Artoo-Dion and 3 others like this.
  23. Darth_Bertie

Darth_Bertie Force Ghost star 6

Mar 30, 2014
    Good thing George retired. Imagine all the #NotMyLuke Skywalker "literature" thrown at his old face.

jaqen, Eternal_Jedi and Satipo like this.
  24. The PiedPiper of Alderaan

The PiedPiper of Alderaan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 16, 2015
    It would be interested to officialy learn that Lucas' treatment always envisioned the basic stuff we're getting: Han's son falling to the dark side and murdering his father, grumpy old man Luke retiring from the conflict after his failure with his nephew, a young non-skywalker jedi girl as the heroine...i think that would help calming things down a bit in the fandom haha :D And at least we didn't get Darth Talon (sigh of relief......)

Last edited: Jan 5, 2018
    Darth Gummybear likes this.
  25. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    So much this! The ST did not need George's Twilek fetish!