main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Boba Fett - Possible Spin-Off (Cancelled - See Page 57 for Details)

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Django Fett, Jun 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gigoran Monk

Gigoran Monk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 2, 2016
    Boba Fett shows absolutely no capacity for "dealing with Jedi" in the OT, which is the only canon version of him we have.

2. DavrelKex

DavrelKex Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 18, 2016
    I meant that he is literally *equipped* for hunting Jedi; Star Wars Rebels (mostly behind the scenes info) and some canon reference books have made it explicitly clear that Mandalorian armor, especially the armed gauntlets, are designed for fighting and countering Jedi abilities. Add that to the facts that 1. He is an unaltered Clone of Jango Fett whom was presented as being very capable of going toe-to-toe with Jedi (his brawl with Kenobi, killing Jedi Master Coleman Trebor), and was trained by Jango until his unceremonious death at Windu's hands. 2. He also worked with/trained with Cad Bane, another notorious Jedi Killer (as established in TCW and canon reference books, as well as behind the scenes) and even wound up dueling and beating him (unaired TCW footage from Celebration in Orlando). And in general, he was shown to be a pretty capable hand-to-hand fighter and marksmen in the later episodes of TCW, although he didn't possess Mando armor yet.

It's true that his OT appearance was underwhelming, but that really only serves as ammo for folks who don't *want* to like him to begin with. When you take everything else about him that's been established, he is on paper a drastic overmatch for Han Solo who as far as we know only knows how to shoot a blaster and fly a ship. I just don't see a "showdown" with him and Fett in a standalone movie being very satisfying cinematically especially considering he can't possible win (we know how and when Solo dies and it's not by Fett.).

Jaster Vhett likes this.
  3. Gigoran Monk

Dec 2, 2016
    No, I like Boba Fett as he was in the OT (namely, ESB). I don’t need him to be a superhero. Just a smart and mysterious bounty hunter with a cool outfit.

4. DavrelKex

Aug 18, 2016
    I don't see anyone asking for him to be a superhero.

5. Gigoran Monk

Dec 2, 2016
    You know what I mean. I don’t need him to be an expert Jedi hunter. And so I’d be perfectly fine with him facing off against other talented underworlders like Han, Lando, etc.

6. DavrelKex

Aug 18, 2016

Fair enough but I'm not saying have him face off against Vader or someone of that level (that comic was always a little sketchy). I personally would love to see him in a story similar to the "Star Wars: Bounty Hunter" game's story from when AOTC came out. I guess I just don't see the point in dressing him up in Jedi-fighting gear if he's, y'know, not doing that. Especially considering his in-universe predecessors (Bane, Jango). Chasing down smugglers that are relatively low-level combatants protected by plot-armor just...doesn't sound very exciting to me at all. His movie, if he gets one, should be centered around whatever job puts him "on the map" and garners him his in-universe reputation and hunting down an Order 66 survivor or something similar would be *perfect* for that. At the very least I'd rather see him fighting other high-level bounty hunters like Bossk or something.

Jaster Vhett likes this.
  7. Dagobahsystem

Dagobahsystem Chosen One star 10

Sep 25, 2015
    Boba Fett has a nice showdown with Luke Skywalker in the new Marvel Star Wars comic, which is canon.

Definitely worth reading.

8. chevv

chevv Jedi Padawan

May 10, 2016
    ...where he gets whacked in the head by a crate and his bounty gets away. Really adding to the "best bounty hunter in the galaxy" lore right there.

9. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    Maybe the Lore becomes that he really isn't as good as he thinks he is.

Heck, Vader was the one who caught Han, but Boba took the credit.

10. chevv

chevv Jedi Padawan

May 10, 2016
    For a character that witnessed his father die as a child, he had a lot of "tragic antihero" potential. Instead, they're making him into a space douche.

Django Fett likes this.
  11. Dagobahsystem

Dagobahsystem Chosen One star 10

Sep 25, 2015
    Well, I thought it was a good story and was glad to see Boba back in canon. Vader did hire him after all. That counts for something.

Plus, Luke is quite powerful, I think Boba fought well against him. I need to reread it, but didn't he blind Luke or something?

Anyhow, from what I remember it seemed like a good fight and both characters were handled well. It's not like Fett could have captured Luke and brought him to Vader as this would contradict The Empire Strikes Back.

12. ladygrey45

ladygrey45 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2015
    Even child boba is unlikeable he laughs as his dad shoots at Obis ship, such an unlikeable character. The best thing they did was kill this.

MaciekRS likes this.
  13. GregMcP

Jul 7, 2015
    Hey, I liked that kid.
    He was... a kid. A fan of his dad being a cool bad dude. We dads would love a kid like that.
    He was the most natural actor in the movie.

14. Diego Lucas

Diego Lucas Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 12, 2015
  15. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    What does ODA mean?

Was Josh Trank confirmed already for a SW movie?

16. Siphonophore

Siphonophore Chosen One star 4

Nov 13, 2003
    Open Directing Assignment:
    "When a studio or production company needs to attach a director to one of their projects, they reach out to all the agencies and managements companies with an ODA."
    http://filmescape.com/what-is-an-open-directing-assignment

Krueger and Darth Smurf like this.
  17. GunganSlayer

GunganSlayer Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2013

A Boba Fett adventure film was supposed to be the second anthology film, after Rouge One, with Josh Trank being announced as director sometime in 2014. Lucasfilm essentially fired him, due to his erratic and unprofessional behavior during the production of the recent Fantastic Four film, although I believe the "official" stance is that Trank left due to personal reasons. If I recall, he was set to appear on a panel about the Boba Fett movie in 2015 during Star Wars Celebration, but a few days prior, it was announced he was missing the convention because of illness. The film's panel was canceled. Shortly after, he was canned. Presumably, there would have been some content developed for the film during the time he was the project's director. Hard to say how much of that content, if any, will end up in the Boba Fett film we'll eventually get.

18. StarWarsFreak93

StarWarsFreak93 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    I think a Boba/bounty hunter movie is a given some point in the future. And if they do make one, all I want is Temuera Morrison or Daniel Logan as Boba, depending on the time period they set it in.

Jaster Vhett likes this.
  19. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    They should have it set after ROTJ and use Morrison

20. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    If I could do a trailer to 'sell' this film i'd do a really simple scene...

Dengar hands over a prisoner to a marshall of some deadbeat town on a dust ball planet.
    DENGAR: Who's that?
    Pointing at a hologram of some ugly desperado with a 500,000 credits reward, dead or alive.
    MARSHALL: Oh, that's Cass Brega...(beat) someone else was asking about him earlier.
    DENGAR: Who?
    MARSHALL: I don't know, I've never seen him before. He said his name was Boba Fett.

Cut
    Slave 1 sat in spaceport, a figure in Mandalorian armour walks past camera. The camera pans up and we see the rocket pack and missile.

Cut
    [​IMG]

21. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    If they do end up doing this film, I hope it’s set after ROTJ. I’d also cast Manu Bennett as Boba. I honestly don’t think Temuera has what it takes to be a lead actor in a Star Wars film.

Avnar, Siphonophore and Django Fett like this.
  22. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    Unpopular opinion but I have no interest in a movie centered around Boba Fett. He's aways been an excuse to create action figures. We have his origin story in AOTC. We see him grow up a bit and find his way to other bounty hunters in Clone Wars. And we see his death.

kalzeth likes this.
  23. GregMcP

Jul 7, 2015
    I agree there isn't much more to the character than cool armour, a gravelly voice, and rockets.
    But that makes him an empty book to be written.
    If someone has a good idea, then great. The writer is far less constricted than they would be for Obi Wan or Han.

It really could be the mythical "Take Star Wars somewhere new" story.

24. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    Hell yes!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.