main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST New Canon Materials (novels, TV shows, comics, games) and Episode IX - SEE WARNING ON PAGE 41

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darth Chiznuk , Jan 4, 2018.

1. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    ITT we discuss all of the new material released that isn't the actual films and how they can possible impact the ST and specifically IX. Rebels is wrapping up soon and of course the first live action SW television series is on the horizon. We continue to be inundated with novels that explore the characters of the films and the events preceding them. And we have a new animated series that will likely premiere sometime after Rebels concludes.

Personally since seeing TLJ I've been wondering if we might get a series that serves a similar function that TCW did. Set between TLJ and IX and depicting the war that has just begun. With Finn, Rey and Poe and all the others returning as the main focus.

Anyway, we have two years until IX so a lot of time to discuss this stuff!

whostheBossk and mlsw like this.
  2. DarthHass

DarthHass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2004
    I would actually love that kind of series. Especially if it leads to closure of Leia's story. Kind of how the clone wars and 2003 clone wars was moving towards/depicted the battle of coruscant.

BalanceOfTheForce likes this.
  3. TheMoldyCrow

TheMoldyCrow Jedi Master star 3

Jun 16, 2015
    I could see them going down that route, but we won't get any sort of ST related show until after E9 is out. I just hope they give us a better show than Rebels has been.

4. Jamtia

Jamtia Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 5, 2016
    Well hopefully the novels are more tied into 9 than the books leading to 8 were. As good as Phasma was, it really did nothing for her character and none of the information was useful/tied into the movie. I think it felt more of an apology in advance for not making Phasma awesome in 8.

I would like an animated series. Depends how long the time jump is but I don't think we would see that until after 9? Unless they started working on it this year.

5. Darth_Bertie

Darth_Bertie Force Ghost star 6

Mar 30, 2014
    I believe it is time we know more about the ST period. The books and comics under Disney have been underwhelming. Why not release a Snoke novel like with Plagueis back in the day? How about a novel about Luke's Jedi? Something juicy

6. Dame sans merci

Dame sans merci Jedi Master star 4

Jan 17, 2016
    Well, there IS the new animated series to be announced. Perhaps it could cover a post-ROTJ Luke (and then MH could be involved)?

bluealien1 likes this.
  7. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    Darth Vader #10 preview.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    Forces of Destiny - Rey preview.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  9. Jozgar

Jozgar Jedi Master star 3

Dec 20, 2015
    When it comes to speculating on future events, I don't think we want to look into any stories too much until the latter half of 2018. Remember Episode IX's script is still in pre-production right now, so its events are just as much a mystery to all these authors as they are to us.

If the writers of the expanded canon are given relevant information to help them foreshadow the movies (and that's a big "if"), they probably won't get it for months.

mlsw likes this.
  10. bluealien1

bluealien1 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 14, 2015
    please,please,PLEASE for all that is right and holy let MH have a animated series.I still remember him as the Joker in the OG Batman series.^:)^

11. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    That would be amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jaqen and bluealien1 like this.
  12. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
    Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  13. Jozgar

Jozgar Jedi Master star 3

Dec 20, 2015
    When do the solicitations for issues come out?

14. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I can not wait for Rebels to come out. I doubt it will tie into the new movies at all though

15. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    Star Wars Adventures #6 preview.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. JediMasterSven

JediMasterSven Jedi Master star 3

Apr 21, 2014
    Right now, what I would like most is an animated series set between ROTJ and TFA. I want to see "my heroes" Luke, Han and Leia, as they were before Ben Solo went coocoo for cocoa puffs. Like what kind of crazy adventures did Luke and his students have? Who was Snoke and where did he come from, and why did Han and Leia let a guy like that near their son?

17. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Glad we can see more of Paige. She had like no dialogue

18. Jamtia

Jamtia Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 5, 2016
    Still one of the mysteries we may not get answered. How did Snoke get so close to Kylo. Maybe there will be back story in 9, but if not I want to read about it at least in a novel.

19. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    This really makes you wonder. How did Snoke actually meet Kylo? When did Luke become aware of Snoke? So many questions

20. JediMasterSven

Apr 21, 2014
    Untill I hear otherwise, I'm going with Han and Leia took out a Craigslist add for a babysitter and Snoke was the only applicant.

21. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Guys Dee Bradley Baker confirmed on his twitter that Rebels does not come back until the 24th of February

22. JediMasterSven

Apr 21, 2014
  23. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    He backtracked.
    deebradleybaker Oops! I’m informed the premier date I listed isn’t correct for US screens- I will update when I learn the correct info. MTFBWY!
    And there's also this:

24. Mungo Baobab

Mungo Baobab Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2014
    What ancient lightsaber is this?

"Spoiler alert: There are some major surprises, Star Wars-wise, in Secrets of the Empire. A potentially major piece of Star Wars lore is revealed — an ancient lightsaber that looks like none we’ve seen before. All Williams will say regarding the artifact: “Stay tuned.” And a legendary character makes an appearance, getting up close and personal. It’s a moment that will thrill anyone who has ever loved Star Wars. “There are so many layers in that moment,” Williams says, “that I think everything just came together so beautifully.”

http://www.starwars.com/news/making-magic-with-star-wars-secrets-of-the-empire

25. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    Hmmm. I know normally none of our speculation ever goes anywhere, but what if that's a new saber Rey can take in episode 9?