main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rogue One Does Rogue One "improve" with multiple viewings?

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by Unkar's Muffins, Dec 21, 2016.

1. Ren Kylo

Ren Kylo Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 23, 2015
    the art book is awesome, although i wish there was more of cassian in it.

SateleNovelist11 and Gamma626 like this.
  2. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    Oh I want that book.

SateleNovelist11 and Ren Kylo like this.
  3. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    Love this movie.

Sarge and Ren Kylo like this.
  4. Ren Kylo

Ren Kylo Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 23, 2015
    nice!

SateleNovelist11 likes this.
  5. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    I think all the Star Wars movies so far have improved with Multiple viewings even the PT There Is always so much to take in that you don't notice the first time and for me anyway I am more relaxed on my repeat views!

6. JFettG

JFettG Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 12, 2002
    I'd say so. I remember seeing RO in theaters on opening night and thinking it was an 'okay' Star Wars movie. After going a second time, I fell in love with it. Watched it again the other night on Netflix and it's still just as good. It demands repeat viewings cause you grow to love the characters more and what makes them tick.

7. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Could make a note to let me know if Saw actually mentions what happened on Onderon during the Clone Wars in the novel; especially if he mentions working with a certain Togrutan Jedi? Even though I still overwhelmingly enjoyed R1, one of the things that irked me was how they just shoehorned Saw's character into the movie giving him virtually no significant background to those not familiar with the animated series.

[​IMG]

8. Jamtia

Jamtia Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 5, 2016
    It’s been months since I’ve read the first few chapters but I don’t think mentions anything of Jedi. I’ll have to take a look

9. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    You see, this is why I get very frustrated when Disney and/or Lucasfilm constantly maintains that everything now is considered canon. Yeah, it's nice to get a few Easter Egg cameos in the films like hearing "Captain Syndulla" on a loudspeaker or even seeing the Ghost among a few dozen other ships; but I still think of it as a cop-out in the films. They made a blatant choice to use Saw as a significant character in R1; knowing his background was in effect non-existent had it not been for TCW. Initially I thought it might pave the way for more new characters from the current animated series to get their live action debuts, but I have my doubts.

10. Jamtia

Jamtia Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 5, 2016
    Well considering they gave TCW the shaft I’m not surprised. I’m more surprised they had CW be canon at all.

11. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Well Rebels, the newest series, also features Saw (but it's more familiar Saw from R1). He doesn't mention having anything to do with the Jedi per se; but at least he does mention about his sister; which was a nod to the Onderon arc of TCW.

12. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    This is actually a good discussion... just not for this specific thread.

Artoo-Dion likes this.
  13. Darth_Nubian

Darth_Nubian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 21, 2000
    I just watched Rogue One last night on Netflix.I'm surprised by how much I like this movie now, considering how meh I felt in the theater the first time I saw it. If "feels" like Star Wars. One of my top 3 for sure now.

14. Pete Ren

Pete Ren Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 27, 2017
    I enjoyed RO the first time and many times since.

I really enjoy the characters (I think they are no less developed than Luke and co, after seeing them in ANH only) and think it looks and feels like proper Star Wars in a way that TLJ does not for me.

My only worry is that I’ve already watched it too much and now know it too well!

But yeah it improves over time for sure!

15. Luke'sSeveredHand

Luke'sSeveredHand Jedi Master star 4

Jul 21, 2014
    I think it feels like Star Wars because the O.T. universe is so familiar and like a warm blanket for most fans. Leaving the theater after my first viewing I was ambivalent, but now it is probably the movie I re-watch the most.

IMO the difference is 100% intentional. TLJ is moving the franchise forward in a big way, while the "Star Wars Stories" will serve to scratch that itch fans who grew up on the original films will always have. I enjoy both equally.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2018
    Chancellor Yoda and Sarge like this.
  16. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I think all SW movies improve with more viewings since you pick up more details.