main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC IMDb for Hollywood/Celebrity/Famous sexual predators

Discussion in 'Community' started by vin, Oct 30, 2017.

1. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Yet again SateleNovelist11 you ask for someone to be arrested, tried and imprisoned. So I ask again, why bother with the trial?

2. Violent Violet Menace

Violent Violet Menace Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 11, 2004
    I think it's implied that she means imprisoned if found guilty in said trial. Otherwise, as you said, why would she even mention the trial? But in these cases like the Weinstein case where there have been multiple accusers, I think she finds it unlikely that they wouldn't be found guilty anyway.

Juliet316 likes this.
  3. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
  4. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/mat...relationship-production-assistant-1202641040/

A former production assistant, Addie Collins Zinone, has revealed that she had an affair with Matt Lauer years ago. So, the man was married for two years, and he was cheating on her with one of his employees. To me, there's nothing wrong with complimenting someone's appearance if the other person likes it and both are in a reciprocal relationship. But the way Lauer was hitting on her was gross. Sometimes, fellow employees can form good relationships, but speaking from experience as one who had a superior in an organization take advantage of me in a relationship, this story is unsettling. Lauer did this many times, as did Charlie Rose. Taking advantage of people who work for you is a nasty thing, to say the least. Zinone said she was traumatized and it harmed her career. He even had this encounter with her in the bathroom at the Democratic National Convention in 2000, which I find unsettling for many reasons, especially given that he did not care if she was all right. He just treated her like an object. Apparently, there were rumors afloat, and when a tabloid reporter contacted her, Lauer completely dumped her. She saved their correspondence, however. She attempted her new job as a local news anchor, but she was traumatized and depressed, and she resigned. But she found success elsewhere, and I'll let the article tell the story. Ironically, she and her husband were later interviewed on Today, and Lauer was hiding. Glad she's in a better place these days, and it's brave of her to come forward in order to back up what other women have said about Lauer. She is doing everything for her young daughter to make certain that no one takes advantage of her.

Some people take advantage of the power dynamic, and I hope that situations like this lead to discussions about what should not be tolerated in the workplace.

In other news, director Paul Haggis is being sued for an alleged rape.http://variety.com/2017/biz/news/paul-haggis-haleigh-breest-lawsuits-1202642729/ Given how she was outraged over Haggis' condemnation of Weinstein and her diagnosis of PTSD, I believe her. Of course, I'm unwilling to deny or question any allegations of sexual misconduct unless an accuser is proven to be untrustworthy.

5. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  6. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    Master_Rebado and CT-867-5309 like this.
  7. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Can't say I'm surprised. At least Jackson is apologizing for unwittingly taking part in the blacklisting.

Master_Rebado likes this.
  8. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    Yeah, that makes total sense to me. I doubt a blacklist would be the same as it was during the McCarthy era. Not official, just a back-room smear campaign and steering people away from hiring certain people.

Master_Rebado and Juliet316 like this.
  9. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Still makes it horrible.

10. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Juliet316 likes this.
  11. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
  12. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    And done

13. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Not about celebrities, but NYT has an interesting piece on sexual harassment at Ford plants.
    Their story reveals the stubborn persistence of harassment in an industry once the exclusive preserve of men, where abuses can be especially brazen. For the Ford women, the harassment has endured even though they work for a multinational corporation with a professional human resources operation, even though they are members of one of the country’s most powerful unions, even though a federal agency and then a federal judge sided with them, and even after independent monitors policed the factory floors for several years.

14. Adam of Nuchtern

Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
  15. Artoo-Dion

Artoo-Dion Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 9, 2009
    Just when he was about to get his big break with the critically acclaimed Bright!

16. Sniper_Wolf

Sniper_Wolf Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 26, 2002
    Sounds like his real criticism of The Force Awakens was Kylo Ren's characterization instead of Rey as a Mary Sue.

17. Adam of Nuchtern

Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
  18. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
  19. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  20. Nanaki

Nanaki Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 5, 2016
  21. SithSense

SithSense Force Ghost star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    Charlie Sheen! Ben Vereen! Shrink to the size of a lima bean!

22. SateleNovelist11

Jan 10, 2015
    Now that we know what conductor James Levine did, I cannot wait his host segment in Fantasia 2000 without cringing. My parents, girlfriend, and I watched both Fantasia films shortly after Christmas, and when Levine interacted with Mickey in 2000, we skipped it and went to the music.

This leads to an interesting question. While there were no reports of Johnny Depp sexually abusing Amber Heard, it's clear that he did assault her, given the photo of the bruises on her face and her friend calling the police. Does this mean that some people refuse to see Depp's films? I refused to watch him in anything after that report, from June 2016 to November 2017. I boycotted Pirates 5, which, for me, was a big deal, given how I love that series. However, with various actors I love, such as Kenneth Branagh, Daisy Ridley, Josh Gad, Judi Dench, and Derek Jacobi, in Murder on the Orient Express, I decided to go see that film despite Depp being in it. I almost think he was cast as that deplorable character for reason. I also relented and purchased Pirates 5 to go with my collection. But I was again disappointed to learn, on this particular thread no less, that Geoffrey Rush had been accused of sexual improprieties. It made me disgusted, since I enjoy Jack Sparrow and Hector Barbossa, the characters Depp and Rush portray, respectively. I liked their acting, and I've seen much of their work. It makes me want to avoid seeing them in leading roles, if not at all. How do these accusations affect how you see actors and whether or not to see them on the big screen?

Last edited: Jan 6, 2018
  23. Master_Rebado

Master_Rebado Chosen One star 6

May 31, 2004
    The accusations against Rush have been stated as not being sexual in nature but also oddly the actual accusations are also not detailed and not been put directly to Rush nor been tested in any court.

Rush has launched a defamation suit against The Daily Telegraph for their "reporting" on the matter.

24. SateleNovelist11

Jan 10, 2015
    I see. I'll I have to read up on that. However, I am generally inclined to believe what accusers say, or at least avoid denying it until any allegations have been proven false, since I have been a victim of sexual abuse and sexual harassment. Frankly, it's hard being a woman in Texas or anywhere. I have been sexually harassed online and in person by both men and women. I normally respond with rejection and blocking online. Fortunately, I have not been sexually harassed at work.

Juliet316 and Master_Rebado like this.
  25. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005