main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The Official NFL Discussion Thread (Now Featuring Time's Person of the Year, Taylor Swift!)

Discussion in 'Community' started by PRENNTACULAR, Nov 25, 2006.

1. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    But dp at least Saints are made up of mostly Buckeyes! Vonn Bell got the final sack!

Last edited: Jan 7, 2018
    DarthTunick and dp4m like this.
  2. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Oh, it's not like the Pats won or Bengals lost or anything -- just I know your fondness for SUPERCAM with A-A-Ron out of the playoffs... :(

I'm not sure if I care, as long as it's ABP this year...

3. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    Yes!!! WHO DAT!!

That was the most nerve wracking game I ever watched. I’m riding my high now. I’m doubting we can beat Vikings next week but I’m just so happy to get to game 2. I want a 2nd Sean/Drew win before they depart the team/sport.

SpecForce Trooper likes this.
  4. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    SuperCam did his BEST with what I think were a couple of frat boy pledges subbing in at WR, disappointed but excited for Curtis Samuel to come back for him

5. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    Cam should buy his entire OL **** sandwiches. Poor guy was getting crushed and/or running for his life every other play.

6. Yoda's_Roomate

Yoda's_Roomate Chosen One star 5

Feb 8, 2000
    That was clearly intentional grounding. Ron Rivera can't complain about that one.

7. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    It was a decent game. But I’m pulling for the Vikings next week.

solojones, Knoah and LloydChristmas like this.
  8. Knoah

Knoah Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 16, 2017
    They better get Cam some WRs this offseason its the same problem every year. Brenton Bersin was the WR2 on the depth chart today and he had 128 yards all season. Not to mention he has been cut 5 times since he joined the team in 2013.

9. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999

Knoah and anakinfansince1983 like this.
  10. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    I have doubts we will win it. Vikings will be hungry for the chance to possibly play the Bowl at home so we will have to be smart. If we lose then I will be rooting for Vikings to go the distance. I’m nervous about next week and really hoping my home team can pull that one off.

11. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Getting WRs for Cam is like getting hookers for Ralph Nader.

12. STARBOB

STARBOB Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 11, 2002
    the only thing I got wrong on 9/8 was that it happened in the wildcard round this year.[face_laugh]

Last edited: Jan 8, 2018
    vin likes this.
  13. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    Yeah, watching the Panthers/Saints game, I wondered why the Panthers let go Ginn and Benjamin without replacing them. But, you have to give credit to Brees and his receivers, and how they practice adjusting "inaccurate passes." And the Saints defense showed up when needed. It was a good game to watch, especially after watching the Bills and Jags basically play "field position" football, as for the most part, neither offenses were that good.

Rew and anakinfansince1983 like this.
  14. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
  15. LloydChristmas

Sep 3, 2012
  16. nilzo antonio

nilzo antonio Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 31, 2015
    Nagy to the Bears.

17. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    So Johnny Football wants to be the starting quarterback for my hometown CFL team, the Hamilton TiCats. So much so he wants a guarantee he'll be the starter and make the same amount of cash (half a million) that Hamilton starters have made. all by January 31st. (Cats just traded away their "starter" who was benched the 2nd half of the season in favour of someone else who actually won a few games)

Not a good look, buddy. I think our team should pass and let him go do whatever binge drinking antics some other CFL team might want.

In other news, I wasn't really expecting the Bills to win yesterday anyway but for a 10-3 game it was kind of tense and watchable (of course, I'm a Bills fan, dunno but maybe everyone else thought it was a snooze). Here's hoping they're back in the playoffs next year and not in 17 years!

Sith_Sensei__Prime and vin like this.
  18. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I knew at the time it happened that letting Ginn go was going to be bad.

In other news, apparently Cameron Jordan trolled Cam Newton by sending him a bottle of wine.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-sends-him-wine-after-playoff-win?share=other

I say it’s only a troll move if it’s White Zinfandel or Sauvignon Blanc, but who knows what Newton thinks of it.

Also, please, please, please let this happen...

Stephen Curry willing to “do what it takes” to get in on Panthers ownership.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-takes-to-join-panthers-ownership?share=other

Rew and Sith_Sensei__Prime like this.
  19. TahiriVeilaSolo69

TahiriVeilaSolo69 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 27, 2002
    I dunno how to feel about Nagy...I was pulling for the Flip.

20. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Sadly, this wasn't even our biggest playoff loss after a lead. In the last four years. With Bob Sutton's defense, and Andy Reid. That was when we blew a 28 point lead against the Colts. Four years ago.

Seriously, my pessimism about the Chiefs in the playoffs is not at all unique amongst Chiefs fans, and for good reason. Former KC sports radio guy Nick Wright basically summed up everything everyone my age from Kansas City felt about this game right here:

So it's not actually a surprise at all. But I'd argue if you're not this pissed off about this loss as a Chiefs fan, you're not a real fan. Because apparently you don't care if the team succeeds, or if the loudest crowd in the world is wasted on this crap over and over. Nick Wright just gets it, man.

Oh, and we now know the reason Reid called plays past the first 15 scripted ones was because they knew Nagy was about to leave for the Bears. And yes that's why the playcalling got so bad.

The rumor is that Eric Beenemy, our running back coach, will be OC next year. That would be a good decision. He's a great coach. Hopefully Reid lets him call plays too, because he sure as hell shouldn't. He's terrible at it in game.

21. Nanaki

Nanaki Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 5, 2016
    I thought scripting the first 15 plays has been standard operating procedure in the West Coast Offense for over 30 years.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

22. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011

She didn't say otherwise, or express any opinion of the 15 scripted plays.

She said Reid called the plays past that, because Nagy was leaving, and that's why the playcalling got (as in, after the first 15) so bad, which it did.

23. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Nagy will probably be an improvement in Chicago. I think this will be John Fox's last NFL head coach job. I don't imagine anyone wanting to sign him.

I'm surprise that Hue Jackson will be returning as head coach of the Cleveland Browns with winning only one game in two seasons. I suppose the good news is that he literally can't do any worse than the 0-16 2017 season. I like Hue Jackson as I thought he was doing a pretty good job with the Raiders before Jason Campbell went down, so good for him getting another year from the Browns.

The 49ers announced they've signed Ken Norton Jr. as linebacker coach yesterday, which I think is a good signing as they need someone to help Reuben Foster along. Hopefully, Foster can stay healthy.

Raider Nation is happy to have this guy back.

[​IMG]

24. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
  25. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000

I'm watching Chucky's press conference and Gruden said he'll be calling the offensive plays.

A cute moment, where Gruden's first draft pick for the Raiders in 1998, Charles Woodson, asked if he had a no trade clause which got some chuckles as Al Davis traded Gruden away to the Buccs.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2018
    Juliet316 likes this.