main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC Which Star Wars era did you grow up in?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by basiloregano3004, Dec 9, 2016.

?

Which SW era did you grow up in?

1. 1977–1983: The Original Trilogy era

27.2%
  2. 1984–1990: The Calm era

11.7%
  3. 1991–1996: The Thrawn trilogy/EU jumpstart/pre-Special Edition VHS era

12.2%
  4. 1997–2007: The Special Edition/Prequels/OG Clone Wars multimedia project era

40.0%
  5. 2008–2014: The New Clone Wars era

7.8%
  6. 2015–present: The Disney/Force Awakens era

1.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthHass

DarthHass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2004
    Original Trilogy, baby.
    I may have been born in 1979, but my heart lies with the OT. Star Wars forever!

2. queen of the jackalopes

queen of the jackalopes Jedi Master star 1

Jul 8, 2016
    I voted 1999-2007 even though Star Wars did not become an obsession until April 2008. I did watch the prequels after they were released onto VHS and DVD because my parents were worried about the violence. My dad and my sisters had a marathon while my mom was gone, and I was hooked. I read every book I could get my hands on. I was excited about the Clone Wars even though I didn't care for Ahsoka. It's weird now being a female Star Wars fan because when I was 14, there wasn't a single store around me sold SW shirts catered towards girls, and now you can find Star Wars shirts at Target.

3. Nanaki

Nanaki Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 5, 2016
    From my point of view, being a female Star Wars fan has never been weird, because my mom was a Star Wars fan since day one (she's a bigger Star Trek fan though). In fact, it was her that introduced me to Star Wars with ROTJ.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

4. queen of the jackalopes

queen of the jackalopes Jedi Master star 1

Jul 8, 2016
    You are very lucky! My mom doesn’t understand why I like it so much.

5. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    After growing up with me, my sons have been known to laugh at people who say “Only boys like Star Wars.”

6. BoulderFaceplant

BoulderFaceplant Jedi Knight

Dec 20, 2017
    The prequel era. It’s where my nostalgia lies. One of my first video games ever was the 2000 title Super Bombad Racing at 6 or 7 years old. The movies are still bad, though.

ConservativeJedi321 likes this.
  7. QsAssistant

QsAssistant Jedi Master star 3

Apr 13, 2011
    I was born in the late 80's so I grew up with Star Wars from 1997 to 2007 (the year I graduated). Personally I think that was the best time to grow up as a Star Wars fan. I got to have the experience of the release of the special editions and a couple years later the prequel trilogy and original Clone Wars cartoon. I got to have the best of both worlds.

8. Ithorians

Ithorians Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    I wasn´t old enough to see the OT in theaters, but those movies were some of my first memories... I went crazy about Star Wars quite early in my life! Then came games like X-Wing, Tie Fighter, Rebel Assault and especially Dark Forces and Jedi Knight; those games were as close a you could get to the SW universe back then, and they are very important to me, as were at least some aspects of the EU.

PT didn´t do that much for me, but ST and Rogue One had been very close to the amazing feelings I got from SW as a kid, so I´m grateful for all of it...

9. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Born in 91. Watched SW: Droids: The Pirates and the Prince in 1996 or so. Then watched the OOT. Received the Jedi Academy Trilogy from my Grandparents and further delved into the EU. And then saw the PT as they came out.

10. Ren Kylo

Ren Kylo Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 23, 2015
    born in 95, star wars wasn't a thing in my household so it wasn't until i was around 12 that i had my first experience watching the prequels on tv. i left it for a while and got back into it during high school and my interest took off from there :)

11. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    I was born in 1977. I spent the 1980's watching the Classic Trilogy. By the 90`s, it was the Thrawn Trilogy that caught my attention again. In the year 2000, I found these forums, and was introduced to Star Wars Fan fiction. I loved the Special Editions to an extent. So I would say that the 80`s and 90`s were my era`s.

firesaber likes this.
  12. Ricardo Funes

Ricardo Funes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    Born in '77 but only watched it during mid-80s due to VHS.

13. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    I was born in '71. Yes there was some life before SW. I recall Jason of Star Command and Kimba The White Lion and Speed Racer.

14. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    although I was alive long before TCW hit the airwaves I only really got into SW because of it.

15. King Maul

King Maul Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 20, 2016
    Prequel era . I actually watched the movies in the order I-VI so I was shocked to realize that Anakin became Vader and that Palpatine was Sidious . And I constantly feared for Obi Wan's life as he was my favourite character then .

16. Mr. Forest

Mr. Forest Chosen One star 6

Nov 1, 2012
    Special Edition/Prequel/OG Clone Wars

I'm glad I grew up then because I can appreciate the SEs more than others.

17. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    I grew up in an era when headcanon did not raise expectations to an unattainable level.

18. Anakin's Daddy

Anakin's Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Aug 13, 2002
    I was born in 1977, one month before Star Wars came out. I became aware of the movies at age 6 and was a diehard fan ever since. I had to wait 16 more years to see a new Star Wars movie! What a long wait that was.

19. firesaber

firesaber Jedi Master star 4

Mar 5, 2006

I premiered a few months before SW did. I caught ROTJ in the theatre. So, OT for me. That being said, I vividly remember happening upon the Thrawn book in 91 in Waldenbooks before the interwebs and anyone knew it was coming. I immediately set out to pawn my mothers Tom Jones portrait plate and to sling dime bags to save up for it. Don't judge me....new SW books were to be had and I was not quite old enough to have a job.

VadersLaMent likes this.
  20. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Quick story. Weeks before ROTJ hit theatres I saw the novelization in stores. WHAT? This was the first I ever heard of a film throwing the book out before the movie. I bought it. We were visiting relatives in another state and I was bored. I told myself I would wait for the film. But I was bored. So I read the first page. Ever read the first page of ROTJ? It's amazing! So I told myself it would be ok to read the first chapter and stop there.

Well that was a mistake. I read the rest of the book. I was thrilled and emotionally moved. So yes I was spoiled for the movie with all the answers we had all been waiting for. It ruined nothing. It made me want to see the film even more.

Sarge likes this.
  21. Jedi Daniel

Jedi Daniel Chosen One star 5

Apr 7, 2000
    Calm period, May 20th 1990 I saw the original trilogy on VHS.

22. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    So your older then 4 years old? It’s good to know you were born before 2012. :p

23. Guidman

Guidman Skywalker Saga Mod and Trivia Host star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 29, 2016
    Born in 1984 so I grew up with it in the EU Era. Read the OT books then the first EU books I read after were the Jedi Academy Trilogy. Lucasarts was also releasing some great video games (Dark Forces, TIE Fighter, Rebel Assault) at this time too so I got hooked on those as well.

24. firesaber

firesaber Jedi Master star 4

Mar 5, 2006
    Just curious-Was no ones port of entry the Droids or Ewoks cartoon?

25. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Not me personally, but I am pretty sure I have heard of some people who saw it first.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.