main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V SOLO: A Star Wars Story (untagged spoilers allowed)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by CooperTFN, Jul 9, 2015.

1. bsmith7174

bsmith7174 Jedi Master star 3

Apr 17, 2015
    I think the Star Wars Show is supposed to come back today so hopefully we’ll get some kind of news.

2. Coherent Axe

Coherent Axe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2016
    "They", as in Lucasfilm, didn't actually say that as far as I know; it was simply reported. And all that was reported was the use of an acting coach, which isn't the same thing as giving acting lessons to Alden. Take a look at any of his previous films; the dude knows how to act. It's been generally assumed the coach was to help him balance his take on Harrison Ford's performance with his own version of the character, which is just a good move as it means we won't be getting a slavish copy of Ford nor something completely divorced from what's come before.

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  3. TheAvengerButton

TheAvengerButton Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 2011
    Don't forget about Count Dooki's numbah one fanboy here. I'll sing his praises to the ends of Serenno and beyond.

Grievousdude and Barriss_Coffee like this.
  4. cookeycat

cookeycat Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 17, 2016
    so if everyone obsessed with asoka or the porgs - it's okay.
    but god forbid to like any aliens that don't meet a "standard type of beauty".

okay.

BigAl6ft6 and DarthTalgus like this.
  5. Darth_Duck

Darth_Duck Chosen One star 5

Oct 13, 2000
    See, I read it as "thank god we still have people who love the oddballs," not as a "god forbid you love those oddballs" condemnation.

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk

6. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    Squibs or bust! :p

And now I'm imagining the fist encounter of Han and the Directors from The Dark Nest in Solo....

Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
    Sinrebirth likes this.
  7. mnjedi

mnjedi JCC Arena Game Host star 5 VIP - Game Host

Nov 4, 2012
    Assemblers and Shell Hutts or bust.

LelalMekha likes this.
  8. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Myke rules!

[​IMG]

9. Senpezeco

Senpezeco Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 27, 2014
    Edit: Bah, wrong thread! Sorry y'all.

I'm also certain Barriss meant that in this positive way, cookey, and not as ridicule. Hugs from a Tognath fan. :)

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  10. bsmith7174

bsmith7174 Jedi Master star 3

Apr 17, 2015
    ...or not

11. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    oh OH OH IT IS ON

BANG
    [​IMG]

NOW DON'T MAKE ME COME IN HERE AGAIN AND POST MY MOST DIGNIFIED COLLECTION OF WAN SANDAGE FAN ART

12. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    What the freak Barriss.

13. Xander Vos

Xander Vos Jedi Master star 4

Aug 3, 2013
    Distinction between Ehrenrich NOT being Harrison Ford and him NOT being Han Solo though.

14. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
    Can you confirm he doesn't act like Han Solo?

15. Xander Vos

Aug 3, 2013
    No I can't, the original post was referring to being worried people would say that after watching the movie.

16. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
    Fair enough. My mistake.

17. Yunzabit

Yunzabit Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2015
    They better not push this movie back.....

18. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    I wonder how much will be revealed about the Corellian system for this movie?

19. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    So the dice have to be a plot point in Solo: A Star Wars story, right? It was a bit of foreshadowing in Last Jedi of what to come (or a callback in Chronological order). Also they hinted at something like that heavily on The Star Wars Show this week.

Hence, in the future, in my viewing order I plan to put Solo right after Force Awakens. My preferred order is really odd - R1, Ep IV, V, I, II, III, VI, VII, Solo, VIII. But Solo after TFA cuz Han dies so then we get a bit of flashback to Han's beginnings - sort of a flashback memorial for Solo, (very probable) set up for the dice, and lets the Luke and Rey cliffhanger breathe.

I don't mind story chronology either but it gets really heavy on pre-ANH stuff. But on the flipside if you start at Ep. 1 and all the way to TLJ (Which is what I did a few months ago) you get a bit of an in-universe history, it's like reading the Bible or something. But I am a fan of flashbacks and disjointed viewing order, like how we've gotten them but a bit more nicely thematically flowing into each toher.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
  20. Taalcon

Taalcon Chosen One star 4

Jul 12, 1998
    Well, I mean, I think the SWS pointed out that while it's narratively kind of common sense that they will be in SOLO, they were placed in TLJ mainly because in the version of TFA Rian Johnson was working from, they were there, so it made sense as a call-back for a present and existing prop, and as a great pre-existing symbolic token available to Luke to use in an emotional moment.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  21. Giovs

Giovs Jedi Master star 3

Apr 29, 2013
    The Titan book that was listed in amazon as "Solo: a Star Wars Story Official Collector's Edition" with a may release now have it's name (at least as listed on amazon) changed to "Star Wars Special" and with a new release date: June 12.
    I wonder if that means anything...

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  22. Xander Vos

Aug 3, 2013
    I'd probably do I, II, R1, IV, V, III, VI. That way you get appreciation of who Bail is for his scenes in R1, and you get III as the set-up to VI. It's still a bit clumsy and really the perfect order would be to watch IV twice: IV, I, V, II, III, R1, IV, V, VI, VII, Solo, VIII.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  23. Diego Lucas

Diego Lucas Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 12, 2015
  24. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
  25. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    I often wonder about the deals artists reached regarding these versions of their songs. I wonder if Jason Derulo even listened to "Han Solo."

Barriss_Coffee and BigAl6ft6 like this.