main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate Abortion: Why not?

Discussion in 'Community' started by Boba Nekhbet, Feb 11, 2016.

1. J-Rod

J-Rod Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 28, 2004
  2. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    That's because it was. Planned Parenthood was not prosecuted by the Orange County District Attorney and is not paying anything. I know you don't like to read the Fake News of the L.A. Times, but it's a pretty short article.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2018
  3. J-Rod

J-Rod Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 28, 2004
    Uh huh. It was Okeefe's organization that filed the law suit and it was from their investigation. Planned Parenthood will be next. The house of cards is falling. PP sold to these companies.

4. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    Violent Violet Menace's edit (8:56 PM CET):

This entire post was one sentence that was a lewd comment directed to J-rod, suggesting that he gets sexual pleasure from news that anti-abortionists might characterise as a "win" (the word "win" is mine, Darth Guy's sentence was different). Conferring with fellow JCC mod, heels1785, I suggested that the post was distasteful and did not contribute anything of substance, to which he agreed, and I subsequently removed the post's content.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2018
    harpua and Diggy like this.
  5. Boba Nekhbet

Boba Nekhbet Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2014
    You're conflating two different things. Planned Parenthood's transactions with these companies vs these companies' transactions with "pharmaceutical companies and academic institutions" all over the world. The videos you're referring to didn't show anything about the latter, they only showed conversations with Planned Parenthood employees.

6. Hef

Hef Jedi Master star 3

Jan 30, 2005
  7. Boba Nekhbet

Nov 30, 2014
    Cool. Glad the new board software doesn't say which mod edited a post and whoever just wrote "Snip" didn't feel the need to identify themselves or identify the reason for the edit. @JoinTheSchwarz

8. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    He said something about J-Rod ****ing off his pro-life boner (and it was glorious). From the purple text, I'm guessing Merk made the edit.

9. Boba Nekhbet

Nov 30, 2014
    Merk is still a mod?? And he's making unidentified edits in forums he doesn't moderate?

10. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    This is why you're least missed.

Rogue1-and-a-half likes this.
  11. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    Done by VVM according to tapatalk

Would be nice to know who actually does the modding without having to resort to an app

Boba Nekhbet likes this.
  12. Boba Nekhbet

Nov 30, 2014
    Thanks @FatBurt. Glad VVM is still doing a bang up job of following the rules around here. At least he didn't edit @Darth Guy to make it look like he was agreeing with J-Rod this time.

a star war likes this.
  13. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    Don't mods need some kind of warrant to enter someone's post and confiscate its contents? I'd be happy to serve on a clandestine magistrate panel of some kind so that mods can come to me when they need a warrant lest they be accused of unreasonable seizure of someone's content. When a member has questions I can verify whether a proper warrant was issued in the case provided they fill out the proper freedom of information request (6-9 month processing time). This way I can be more powerful than a mod without any other responsibilities for policing content.

14. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Not only does he not need a warrant for the removal of contents, but he sold said contents to Big Pharma.

15. Boba Nekhbet

Nov 30, 2014
    Hey VVM, while you're going around liking posts in here, do you want to put a reason for the edit and identify yourself in the post you edited?

16. Violent Violet Menace

Violent Violet Menace Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 11, 2004
    The new forum software allows mods to send a notification to the one whose post is edited, with a link to which post it is and who edited it. Darth Guy knows that I edited it.

Point Given likes this.
  17. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    but this is exactly why we need checks and balances. The rule of ****ing law.

a star war likes this.
  18. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Because it's murder.

19. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    ROTS is your favourite SW film. You fully endorse child murder. And cinematic murder.

20. Boba Nekhbet

Nov 30, 2014
    And no one else reading the thread does, nor do they know the reason for the edit.

21. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    How do the rest of learn from his mistakes if you don't explain yourself?

22. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    I also want to read all redacted posts.
    @JoinTheSchwarz, make it happen

Rylo Ken and Diggy like this.
  23. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    I would also like to know what the post said!

My memory isn t what it used to be.

Violent Violet Menace likes this.
  24. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    That would make the JC structured like the United States, which means the worst reality show star here (beezel?) will eventually
    be head admin, and the Koch Brothers will control what sort of substances you can consume while posting.

We mods will probably have to hack and terraform smaller message boards too.

Juliet316 and Rylo Ken like this.
  25. a star war

a star war Force Ghost star 5

May 4, 2016
    Beezel would do a better job than whatever bozo who currently holds the position.