main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub REYLO Fanclub

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by jackson384, Feb 19, 2016.

1. Valency Jane

Valency Jane Force Ghost star 6

Jan 17, 2016
    I'm still on a high after TLJ; I'd gone in bracing myself, hoping for the best but prepared for the worst, & was blown away when my wishes were fulfilled, in unexpected & awesome ways. [face_love] I love what they did with the force bond stuff so much, and how it ends even; they'd better keep that going in 9. And March can't come soon enough for the novelization; doubt we learn much but I still want to see how their interactions read on the page. :p Reading so many Reylo fanfics right now lol. [face_laugh]

@Princess Of Manchester, the Anidala parallels are totes amazing. Though I may be biased because I love Anidala too. All the SW romances, really. :p

I'm hoping that we can't get much more tragic with them and need to inch more towards an actual relationship(!!!), reluctant allies, what have you, with 9. Since they've basically used the main ROTS Anidala parallels:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    (is it bad I keep wondering what would've happened if she'd actually gone with him? :p)
    Oh what I'd give if in 9 we got ESB & ROTJ Han/Leia parallels, with one or two AOTC Anidala ones. [face_praying] :p

Last edited: Jan 11, 2018
    Darth_Furio , Tzeen and Wookiekisser like this.
  2. Wookiekisser

Wookiekisser Jedi Youngling

Jan 11, 2018
    oh my god I am SO SO excited for the novelization and have already pre ordered it. I am currently reading TFA's and it does sneak in little details you don't get in the movie... plus reading it feels different then watching it. Just a little more insight into how the characters are feeling/thinking in the moment. I am DROWING myself in reylo fanfiction currently but as I am newly re enamored with Star Wars I am not accustomed to Star wars fanfiction or writing styles and authors (I got spoiled in the Supernatural fandom lol) so if anyone has some really super good fanfic (or even fan videos those seem to be hard to come across) recommendations please throw them at me [face_laugh]. Is there a fanfiction thread somewhere? I am new so please forgive my silly questions.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2018
    Valency Jane likes this.
  3. Tzeen

Tzeen Jedi Knight

Jan 7, 2018
    I’d love to be included in being directed to an amazing fan fiction thread as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    We have those here on the fanfiction forum here.

Darth_Furio and Valency Jane like this.
  5. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Do you guys see Reylo practically happening or do you just think of it as a far off dream

6. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    Not sure how many of you folks have seen this. Probably one of the best SW analysis vids I've seen - and it predicted a lot of elements in TLJ

Can't say it's 100% turned me to the Reylo side, but I can definitely see it

7. Tzeen

Tzeen Jedi Knight

Jan 7, 2018
    I want to say the former due to so many leads in TFA and TLJ. I don’t want to rehash all the details here that I’m sure were previously mentioned but in a nutshell, the on screen chemistry alone leads me to believe on so many levels that episode 9 will indeed see this relationship through. I mean , I can’t obviously say with 100% confidence but it logically makes sense as far as Hollywood is concerned and it would make for a great ending as it were. I truly hope this ends up happening though. Adam Driver has truly brought to life kylo ren in his truest form...both dark and light imo.

Darth_Furio likes this.
  8. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Do you think Kylo will be turned back to the light or Rey to the Dark?

9. Tzeen

Tzeen Jedi Knight

Jan 7, 2018
    Neither. From what I’ve read and hypothesized on, I feel there will be a balance between the dark and the light ultimately meeting in the middle...so grey.

NileQT87 likes this.
  10. Nehru_Amidala

Oct 3, 2016
    Looks that way.

11. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
  12. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I have always thought balance was less dark and more light

Mostly Handless likes this.
  13. Nehru_Amidala

Oct 3, 2016
    Well, you can too much of one and too little of the other.

Darth_Furio likes this.
  14. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Dec 21, 2016
    Light grey is still grey.

15. Tzeen

Tzeen Jedi Knight

Jan 7, 2018
    JJ directed the show Felicity a while back. A great show by the way which centered on a college coed and her feelings for another during her 4 year stint in college. Ben was the name of her love interest. In the show he was portrayed with kind of a bad boy image whom felicity was shown to tame. They always had this connection and chemistry but towards the end of the show was when they finally were able to solidify their relationship in that it was one that was worth it.

I mention this because Ben solo is or will be to Rey what Ben in Felicity was to Felicity and JJ was behind both.

Just another neat thing to mention re Reylo.

16. Akane

Akane Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 20, 2018
    When I went to the cinema to see TLJ I did it as a person who completely ignored the Star Wars world, you can say that I belonged to the general audience, and frankly, I loved the movie. Anyway, my favorite part was the interaction between Rey and Ben. I remember that during the elevator scene I turned to my friend (who is a big fan of SW and was watching the movie for the third time) and said, "I like these two together, please tell me they aren't brother and sister, please"
    I think there's a strong attraction between them and even more important I think that was the intention of the movie.

Kylo will be turned back to the light. I don't understand the concept of a gray Jedi, for me light over dark always, however, I think it is important to accept that darkness is part of life and can not be eradicated completely.

As I see it, if Kylo shows repentance for everything he has done and manages to survive at the end of episode nine he will be a tormented man for the rest of his life. He can change sides, he can fight for the good of the galaxy, he can start something with Rey, but he must always feel remorseful for what he has done.

Valency Jane and Darth_Furio like this.
  17. Darth_Furio

Darth_Furio Chosen One star 8

Apr 17, 2008
    @Akane, Nice thoughts and welcome! I agree with you in that Kylo must feel remorse in order for any kind of acceptance from Rey. However, we know from the dialogue from Snoke, killing Han did not cement Kylo into totally giving in to the dark side. So there is always room for him to grow.

Akane and Valency Jane like this.
  18. Akane

Akane Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 20, 2018
    Thanks for the welcome! I agree with you, having killed his father only stoked his internal conflict. And i want to say If Ben is not redeemed, Han's death will hurt me much more than it hurt me at first, because in the end his death would be useless.

19. Nehru_Amidala

Oct 3, 2016
    That's a good point.

Akane and Darth_Furio like this.
  20. Akane

Akane Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 20, 2018
    This is the kind of visual content that should be present in a Reylo fanclub!

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    Source
    Thanks Obi-WanSolo-Skywalker for giving me the idea.

21. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Dec 21, 2016
    [face_rofl]

Adam Driver ships Reylo! I love it!

Darth_Furio and Nehru_Amidala like this.
  22. Akane

Akane Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 20, 2018
    I love Reylo fan arts so much, seriously, this fandom is full of talented and very creative people ^:)^

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 31, 2018
  23. Nehru_Amidala

Oct 3, 2016
    It's true. Ever since TLJ came out, there has been an explosion on Reylo stories over at fanfiction.net.

Akane likes this.
  24. Ender_and_Bean

Ender_and_Bean Chosen One star 6

May 19, 2002
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2018
    Valency Jane and Akane like this.
  25. Nehru_Amidala

Oct 3, 2016
    Really? I am a woman, and I like Reylo.

Valency Jane and Akane like this.