main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate The US Politics discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ghost, Dec 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    The soul of "compassionate conservatism."

I loled when Leoluca posted right after.

EDIT: Beat me to it.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
  2. J-Rod

J-Rod Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 28, 2004
    The attention to the supposed line is the diversion. The fact remains that those who scream "racist!" the loudest are the actual racists, as demonstrated by that article. So who cares what they say? The hate "white people" and have finally come so unglued because that aren't getting their way that they have dropped the code "American" for their actual opinion:"White people."

The thin veil over their racism has been lifted.

Calling Haiti an "s" hole isn't racist, BTW. It's identifying a problem. Saying that Haiti's condition is linked to the race that lives there would be racist. But that isn't said nor even implied in the statement President Trump was accused of saying.

You have to go back to the claim of, "But...but...it's a dog whistle!", that's used whenever the left wishes a statement was racist when it actually wasn't.

Compassionate Conservatism was the Bush Administration's attempt to sell liberal ideas to the base. I didn't buy. My statement is true and taking it to heart will do @appleseed much more good than any government program ever could.

In that truth, and the courage to tell it, lies the compassion.

3. SW Saga Fan

SW Saga Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 19, 2015
    "Sen. Dick Durbin confirms Trump made ‘****hole’ comments during White House meeting. ‘He said things that were hate-filled, vile and racist…and he said them repeatedly’"

MrZAP, Darth Nerdling, Ghost and 6 others like this.
  4. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    I believe the people that get called out for there racist remarks and adamantly deny it they are truly the racists. What it means to be racist is to hate someone because of the color of there skin/race, Religion and even gender fall under racist or hate and weather you hate because some one is gay, transgender or what have you. bottom line hate can not be tolerated in this world...

5. SW Saga Fan

Apr 19, 2015
    ""The President is growing this country on the backbone of bigotry!" US citizens of all stripes were outraged and ashamed after hearing the President's slur about immigrants from Latin American and African countries."

Juliet316 likes this.
  6. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    Well, "it really and truly is that simple" is not true. Well, a couple of things aren't true. Number one, the skills needed to work at Walmart aren't easy to obtain. I'd like to put the CEO of Walmart on the front line in the store and see if he could do it. I know people who work at Walmart; it's a job that requires a serious ability to multitask and a lot of physical abilities. Schooling it may not take, but I would honestly say that I couldn't work at Walmart. It's an incredibly high-stress and fast paced environment. The myth that front-line service jobs deserve rotten pay because they're easy is a really toxic one. I see this attitude a lot about servers at restaurants and, again, knowing people who work these jobs, it really makes me angry.

Secondly, it isn't just easy for people to quit their jobs and find new ones. In a lot of cases, even the crappy insurance available at bad jobs is all that's keeping people afloat. Even if a person can float covering lost wages for a month, they lose their insurance and that can sink a person if they have a chronic medical condition. Prescriptions alone can be devastatingly expensive without insurance. And, low unemployment or not, it's not always as simple as "quit your job today; start a new one tomorrow!" A lot of people don't have the option to just walk out on their jobs because they're awful; if they did, no one would stay in these jobs. The fact that @appleseed is complaining about his job being terrible and is also still working it should be a clue; he can't just quit - if he could, he would have.

V-2, MrZAP, Sauntaero and 12 others like this.
  7. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Maybe my sarcasm was missed. I don't believe Trump's denial one bit. I'm sure he said it, because multiple people who were in that meeting said that he said it. Nobody who was in there has come out and said that he didn't say it. Plus, it's just a true reflection of how he really feels anyway.

8. SW Saga Fan

Apr 19, 2015
    *Sarcasm On*

Oooohhhh.... Well that's very good to hear... Those "very fine people" at Charlotsville will be indeed very happy to hear their president saying that...

At least that's the good news, not everyone is outraged by Trump's use of ****hole for describing foreign countries....

*Sarcasm Off*

Jedi Merkurian and Juliet316 like this.
  9. SW Saga Fan

Apr 19, 2015
    "Here's what people from Africa have to say about Trump calling their home a '****hole'"

The entire world now hates the U.S.

10. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    @EHT

The WH has not denied it. Just Trump. Even his staff and him are at odds. Whoever takes over next is going to look brilliant just by being able to chew bubble gum and walk at the same time.

@Rogue1-and-a-half

Actually Doug McMillon started off as summer help at Walmart when he was a teenager. Doug is now the CEO of Walmart. Doug though is one of the few exceptions in Corporate America when it comes to CEO’s. He started literally at the bottom and worked his way to the job. As a matter of fact I do not believe Doug ever worked for another company. To say that is unusual is an understatement.

11. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005
    Here's the thing: in many ways, those places are s€&/holes. That's why people there want to emigrate to the US.

People from non-s/)€holes are perfectly content where they are. They have quality education, quality health care, well-paying jobs with job security, very low crime rates and civil service that works well. Why on earth would they want to move to a comparative s)€&hole like the US?

12. Yoda's_Roomate

Yoda's_Roomate Chosen One star 5

Feb 8, 2000
    J-Rod stop insulting our intelligence with your semantic manipulation. Or maybe you're just too dense to understand the argument never was about whether those places are ****holes or not. He's making a reference to the people. When you talk about people and the next thing you do is reference what a horrible place they come from you're insinuating they are horrible too, NO EXCEPTIONS MADE.

So he believes these people are worthless because of who they are. Because they're born that way. Otherwise if it was just a bad situation they would be fine once they're out of their country. Now tell me how that is not racism.

13. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    No. Calling Haiti a ****hole doesn't identify a problem. That's not how language works. Call Haiti impoverished, or insecure, or poorly governed, or whatever---that's descriptive language that actually identifies a problem and, moreover, leads into further discussion. ****hole is an insult. Feel free to dispute whether it was racist, but you don't get to pretend it wasn't pure invective directed at an entire country, which happens to have a largely black population, and coming from a person with a well-documented, public history of racial animosity.

V-2, Rew, Alpha-Red and 22 others like this.
  14. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    J-Rod, again: I DON'T CARE ABOUT THE ARTICLE. I did not read it. It wasn't elected, it doesn't make policy. **** the article.
    Your president is a racist. What he says is crap - his mouth is the ****hole.

15. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    @yankee8255

There are people even from other industrialized nations that want to come here and work/live permanently especially if it’s a true metropolis like LA, NYC, SF etc. The problem is this:

How many of those people actually exist? I meant a few over the years including a friend of mine who parents moved here from Sweden due to his dad’s work and wound up staying here for good since they just they fell in love with it. But they are the exception not the norm. Most are like Americans who get transferred abroad due to business. You go to a country for awhile, work there and go home. They don’t migrate.

And the ironic thing is that Trump would be screaming from the top of his lungs if countries like Norway started immigranting here in massive droves.

@Yoda's_Roomate

Trump and people like him start off in life at home plate and spend their whole entire lives mocking who didn’t. The Bushes for all their flaws at least tried to be sympathetic for those who didn’t start off like that. God knows isn’t going to do any humantarian work in Africa when his presidency ends..the sooner the better.

@Rogue_Follower

And it was in the context of which it was said. It wasn’t “OMG these people live in a “filll in the blank”, let’s try to help them get out” (which would bad enough but also sympathetic to at least you feel for the plight of the people) it was “Why are we letting these people in from such “fill in the blank?”. Clearly it was “I don’t want these people from these countries coming here”.

That is what make Trump’s explanation this morning even more astonishing. He just tried to take saying the word, not the intent behind it.

Rew likes this.
  16. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    Make America hate again

Rew, CT-867-5309, Vaderize03 and 6 others like this.
  17. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    The Norwegians have been exhausting themselves in the last few hours tweeting that that they would never want to move to a ****hole country like the U.S.

18. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    @J-Rod, what do you think of Trump's statement that he prefers immigrants from Norway over Haiti?

19. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Only now?

20. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I wonder what Trump would do if someone sent him a ticket to see Black Panther. [face_thinking]

21. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    Trump just tweeted this:

Today, it was my great honor to proclaim January 15, 2018, as Martin Luther King Jr., Federal Holiday. I encourage all Americans to observe this day with appropriate civic, community, and service activities in honor of Dr. King's life and legacy.

The balls on him

22. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    probably claim 'all the blacks love me! they sent me a ticket !'

23. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    He didn't write that.

24. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    LOL. Even if the ticket comes from a white person.

Jedi Merkurian and Juliet316 like this.
  25. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001

Here's what I'm thinking; Trump Tower and Mar-a-Lago are real **** holes.

[​IMG]

Juliet316 and DANNASUK like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.