main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate The US Politics discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ghost, Dec 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    when trump is done insulting everybody on planet earth "they'll" respect "us".

[face_sigh]

2. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    Counting the cars on the New Jersey Turnpike
    They've all come to look for ****hole
    All come to look for ****hole
    All come to look for ****hole

3. SW Saga Fan

SW Saga Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 19, 2015
    "The media is blatantly calling the president racist after his '****hole' remark"

4. Artoo-Dion

Artoo-Dion Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 9, 2009
    What I find frustrating is that there are never diplomatic consequences. Everyone just sort of sighs, shrugs their shoulders and talks about how relationships between countries are bigger than the current president.

"America" as a geopolitical entity threatens nuclear war on Twitter, crassly disparages countries where the people have the wrong skin colour and generally creates a state of unease in the world. It's the dinner guest who got drunk mid afternoon and started angrily picking fights with everyone else at the table. At that point you say, "Mate, I think it's time for you to leave" and wait to see if they come to their senses the next day. You don't wait until they start throwing punches.

Rew, Darth Nerdling, unicorn and 7 others like this.
  5. SW Saga Fan

Apr 19, 2015
    "Here's how late night hosts responded to Trump's '****hole' comment:"

Jedi Merkurian and Juliet316 like this.
  6. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    SW Saga Fan, please stop watching Now This

7. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Do you have any more videos for us to watch, SW Saga Fan? Cat and wrestling videos are my favourite.

Rogue_Follower and Juliet316 like this.
  8. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    Another week, another insult from Trump. And of course he denies it while offering no proof to counter it, since there were quite a few witnesses to that remark. Meanwhile Republican leadership just quietly waits for this particular storm to blow over (or for something new to distract the media). By this point I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to remove that Emma Lazarus poem from the Statue of Liberty just to spite people.

America's a laughingstock by now. Not that we were ever perfect, far from it, but now its more like we don't even try. Trump revels in making people angry and his base loves him for it. Meanwhile the rest of us wonder when (if ever) sanity will return. And even as horrible as that remark was, I still worry about government shutdown and DACA and all those other things with deadlines.

9. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    The tax bill has done its damage too, no matter what happens in 2018. The Great Blue State Hobbling of 2017 won't be undone by Democrats winning the House in November.

10. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    Finally caught up and my goodness your "President" continues to prove his highest level of ********ry.

I'm so glad he's not coming to the UK now as it will save me a tidy sum towards my Lego Millennium Falcon as I can now put my trip to London to protest on hold.

As an aside. As much as I do not in any way believe that @J-Rod is racist (I do slightly doubt some of our other irregulars) but I am absolutely astounded as to how he can defend Trump or even at the least try to pass off his behaviour or statements

I thought better of you and as much as I tried to catch you out in the past and failed because you are a better man than I initially gave you credit for, your current stance has me thinking I should have just bided my time.
    Now is the time to recognise that the cult of Trump is poisonous and whilst you may agree with some of his stances you can't agree with all and it is totally acceptable to call him out on his bollocks.

Please don't prove me right; just call him out on his asshattery...

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
  11. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Maybe "****hole" is an accurate description of places like Haiti. But the debate appears to ignore why those countries are "****holes." Haiti was a French slave colony that rose up and overthrew the plantation owners and established the first state ruled by former slaves (and only the second independent state in the New World). Fearing a similar slave revolt inspired by the Haitians, the U.S. imposed a trade embargo that lasted decades. U.S. and French meddling on the Western half of Hispaniola continues to the current day. The first time Gitmo was used as a prison was in the 1990s to detain Haitian refugees. U.S. marines have been deployed there multiple times in the 20th and 21st centuries to prop up or depose governments. Haiti's history makes it clear that its prospects for development were grim because two Western powers did their best to stop it.

Similarly most of Africa. Western powers enslaved the populations, plundered their resources and organized colonies that were built from the ground up to serve the mother country. The plundering continues to this day with Africa losing billions in wealth annually; China has gotten in on it.

I don't think the U.S. should really have a choice in whether to accept desperate migrants from the developing world particularly from the Americas (the U.S.'s playground). The country must accept its responsibility for the state of the world and must help mitigate the impact of past and current policies.

Rew, MrZAP, Abadacus and 15 others like this.
  12. SW Saga Fan

Apr 19, 2015
    It may be annoying, but you can't deny it... The entire world is watching and discussing as well, not just on this forum, and everyone is wondering: "What it in the world?!?"

And by the way, I live in Canada and we are all doing the following right now :p :

13. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    The entire world? Are you sure about that?

14. SW Saga Fan

Apr 19, 2015
    Do you really think that when Trump, the president of the most powerful nation on Earth, called some foreign countries ****hole, some other countries all around the world wouldn't have lifted their heads?

15. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    I'm sure those remote tribes in the Amazon, away from technology, are currently looking to the sky and shaking their fists....

MrZAP likes this.
  16. SW Saga Fan

Apr 19, 2015
    It's incedible when some people are trying so hard to appear smarter than some others...

V-2 likes this.
  17. Violent Violet Menace

Violent Violet Menace Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 11, 2004
    This is really a tangent, anyway. The point is: don't devolve a discussion thread to a series of late night host reactions, please. I'm already on duty in the YouTube thread. :p

MrZAP and SuperWatto like this.
  18. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    When you're running around this thread, randomly posting videos about Trump, it's not that hard to appear smarter

19. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    Darth Punk likes this.
  20. SW Saga Fan

Apr 19, 2015
    Is this some kind of competition? Just quit it Dannasuk...

V-2 likes this.
  21. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    Fair enough. That's interesting and good catch on your part. Thanks for the correction.

Luke02 likes this.
  22. Violent Violet Menace

Violent Violet Menace Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 11, 2004
  23. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Erm, I did nothing. I'm well within the rules.

But, don't worry guys, crisis is over on Trump..

Paul Ryan has declared the whole thing "unfortunate, unhelpful" *claps*

...slowly, slowly, he is finding his spine. *very* slowly

24. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    How Is he not a racist for his Comments he never said a specific African Countries So he basically called 54 countries In Africa and people in Haiti ****hole's What do you think the ethnicity of most in Africa and Haiti are? I would guess Black. It Is not much of a stretch to say It was a racist comment.

25. SW Saga Fan

Apr 19, 2015
    @Violent Violet Menace @DANNASUK We are all fine here! Thank you!

The strangest thing I'm hearing right now from some people on social media is that "Trump only said what many people are thinking between themselves about Haiti and African countries... The left wing should stop being offended by what the president says, he only said the truth!"

Excuse me? Since when "insults", "racism" and "truth" were the same? [face_whistling][face_thinking]

I guess, it's those same people who tried to excuse Trump's word regarding women, when he said that he would "just grab them by the ****" by using the term "locker room talk" in order to justify his misogynistic words... [face_thinking]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.