main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Solo Solo: A Star Wars Story Trailer #2

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by Darth Chiznuk , May 8, 2017.

1. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    Sure thing Back on topic! One thing I am wondering Is this the calm before the storm Something big Is happening with this trailer soon...

EHT likes this.
  2. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    I think so... I just feel like a trailer will come out pretty soon.

B99 likes this.
  3. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    But not literally today, sadly.
    Soon... soonish.

EHT and Mostly Handless like this.
  4. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
  5. commander cody

commander cody Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 6, 2014
    Well...no GMA announcement tonight. I guess we aren't getting the trailer tomorrow...

6. Giovs

Giovs Jedi Master star 3

Apr 29, 2013
    C'mon trailer, get released already please! [face_praying]

7. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
  8. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Maybe they're waiting for TLJ to cross 600 million in NA?

9. The PiedPiper of Alderaan

The PiedPiper of Alderaan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 16, 2015
    i think Lucasfilm may want to have all the marketing focused on TLJ as long as they can. The movie hasn't even been out for a whole month. Perhaps we'll get something in January but it wouldn't surprised me if they're waiting february to release something.

10. entourage

entourage Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 18, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
  11. AndyLGR

AndyLGR Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    I'm still surpsied there was no teaser with TLJ.

Avnar likes this.
  12. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    I'm not. Releasing the teaser together with TLJ would have led to people mostly ignoring the trailer. Look at how much debate was caused by TLJ, even if the movie had been less divisive, it still would have gotten all the attention. It's much better to have let people see the movie and drop the trailer for Solo sometime where it can have the news all for itself, instead of being overshadowed by the much bigger topic of the release of TLJ. At the same time, having the teaser would also have taken a bit of attention away from TLJ, which isn't something you want to have when you are dropping a new movie.

13. AndyLGR

May 1, 2014
    I disagree. I think thats almost like treating the audience as idiots. The biggest film of the year seen by the most people makes perfect sense to me to give a short teaser a big platform.

Avnar likes this.
  14. CloneWarsFan01

CloneWarsFan01 Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 1, 2015
    Darthur C. Clarke likes this.
  15. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    How is it treating people like idiots?
    The biggest marketing effect is reached when the biggest news and thus everything people are talking about that day, is the trailer. People will not talk much about a trailer when there is a whole new movie released, because a new movie has a whole lot more to talk about. In this case the situation would be even more lopsided, because the new movie is a regular episode, while the trailer would only be for a spin-off.

At best you split the attention between the new movie and the teaser, which hurts both. At worst the teaser gets buried under all the talk about the new movie. When it comes to such a teaser, you want the attention on it, you want to grab the headlines, which most definately isn't happening when you are releasing it alongside one of the biggest releases in movie-history.

Releasing a teaser with the start of TLJ would have been the worst possible approach. It would have been somewhat possible to release it sometime in early December, so that it could have gotten its own attention while still being able to play in front of TLJ, but that would have interfered with the marketing for TLJ. It doesn't make a lot of sense to release a teaser for the Solo movie when you are bombarding the audience with tv-spots and other marketing for TLJ.

The best approach was either what they are currently doing, waiting until the hype for TLJ has died down and then give the Solo movie the room it needs to grab attention, or to have a teaser much earlier, sometime in late summer or fall, so that it could still play ahead of TLJ without running into the marketing campaign of that movie. The latter wasn't really possible due to the re-shoots.

16. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    I think They should have released The Trailer as a post credits thing with TLJ then only the True Star Wars fans get to see it, Fans who watch the credits:p;)

Avnar and B99 like this.
  17. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Wonder if there will only be one trailer.?

18. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
  19. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    Every time one of us makes that joke, some kid gets his head dunked in a school toilet :-B

EHT likes this.
  20. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    I feel I'm the only one with hardly any participation for this trailer.

21. commander cody

commander cody Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 6, 2014
    You are.

JK. I need my fix of a new trailer

22. cronus33

cronus33 Jedi Master star 2

Apr 17, 2005
    Well, you're wrong, and I recommend you don't seek a career in marketing.

23. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    a lot of people said the same for RO before we got a trailer.

Monday is Martin Luther King day would Lucasfilm release the trailer on a holiday and overshadow the holiday? also the 12th was Friday and there was a rumor last week that a trailer would drop on GMA on Friday the 12th Monday is the 15th and like I said MLK Day...

24. AndyLGR

May 1, 2014
    I really couldn’t care less about what you think. But thanks anyway.

Avnar likes this.
  25. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    That was quite rude - I think it was a great idea @AndyLGR !

I remember years ago after The Matrix 2 finished there was a Matrix 3 trailer straight after the credits to get everyone pumped because the next instalment was coming out 6 months later. Not only were you pumped about the film you just saw - but twice as pumped walking out seeing the next trailer =D=

AndyLGR likes this.